LECOM-ALTERNATE/WAIT-LIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paliman101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey thought this post would be helpful for all of us who would like to attend Lecom and got wait-listed after Dec. 1st decision and just waiting for acceptance. Anybody know what are chances are looking like!? And good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to someone there at she says chances are 50/50 for acceptances and people on the wait list. She didn't know how many were wait listed but it sounded like our chances were good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
50/50 sounds like a pretty good chance. Lets keep our fingers crossed

Couple more days people!! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
i thought we find out on the 5th??
Yeah haha technically 48 hours from not on the east coast it will be the 5th but we won't find out till the morning of the 5th. Did you do anything to update your app?

Yeah haha technically 48 hours from not on the east coast it will be the 5th but we won't find out till the morning of the 5th. Did you do anything to update your app?
OH ok lol i got excited that we find out monday but i guess not :( yeah i updated my fall grades which are all A's!! (yay) what about you?

OH ok lol i got excited that we find out monday but i guess not :( yeah i updated my fall grades which are all A's!! (yay) what about you?
Awesome!! Yeah, I updated a letter of recommendation and service hours. I am graduated so I don't have any grades to update.

Awesome!! Yeah, I updated a letter of recommendation and service hours. I am graduated so I don't have any grades to update.
hopefully we both get really good news soon!!! so i can finally sleep well :blackeye:

Has anyone's LECOM portal changed from the "accepted alternate list" status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone's LECOM portal changed from the "accepted alternate list" status?
not yetttttt did yours? i have a feeling tomorrow afternoon/early evening they'll update the status

Has anyone's LECOM portal changed?

Mine hasn't and I've seen a couple of people have and I'm getting really nervous and stressed now

But I feel like if everyone's changed then more people would have posted it. I'm confused. By what time will they have made a decision by tomorrow?

But I feel like if everyone's changed then more people would have posted it. I'm confused. By what time will they have made a decision by tomorrow?
Honestly though, people last year didn't have their portal change until after they got an acceptance email. So we still don't need to worry. They got it last year at 11am eastern.

this is very true. If they changed there portal for everyone we would have seen a lot more post of portal being changed.

yeah actually i was really surprised/ confused when i got the email tonight that i was accepted. i was prepping my mind for tomorrow needless to say I've drank a LOT OF WINEE :):):):)

Congrats! I wonder if it was only a couple of people whose status changed or everyone's.

Anyone here interviewed post-december and their LECOM portal is "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."? and AADSAS still says under review?

Is it true that there are over 500 people on the wait list?

Is it true that there are over 500 people on the wait list?
According to Doc Toothache's stats for last years cycle, there were only about 550 people interviewed...500 on the wait list doesn't seem logical at all.

i bought the ADEA Guide book for last years class aka class of 2019 and LECOM interviewed in TOTAL 586 people. there were 3,157 applicants in total. Its HIGHLY unlikely that 500 people are on the waitlist it just doesn't make any sense. I would recommend that you guys buy the ADEA guide book its only 15$ for the online version and it literally has a breakdown of everything for each school!

Just got waitlisted today...better than a rejection!

Do you guys know when they pull people off the waitlist ? Is it throughout the cycle or after the interviewed everyone for the cycle

Last year I called LECOM up every 3-4 weeks for updates after I was placed on their waitlist. They also told me they accept 50/50 off the waitlist, placing approximately 150 on their waitlist and accepting 70 by the end of the application cycle. What they don't tell you is with people constantly removing their name off the waitlist, they are constantly adding people to the waitlist to stay at 150 people on their waitlist, so the chances really aren't 50/50 as potentially more qualified candidates enter the waitlist pool. They do not rank applicants on the waitlist, rather they continously re-review applicants. Just take what admissions tells you about the waitlist with a grain of salt :\

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users