LECOM-B, CUSOM, VCOM-CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Petrichor1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am deciding between these three and could use some insight in light of the success of all three in recent matches. Please note that I have yet to hear from other DO schools so this information could all be a matter of thought. I just don't want to pay anymore deposit unless there is strong evidence to. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

3 most important factors, as an OMS1:

If any are within 1-2 hours of your home/family/significant other, choose that one.

If any are significantly less expensive, choose that.

Choose the one with no mandatory attendance.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the response. The thing is that Lecom-b fits 2/3 of those options. However, with the current rotation system they have up, and the matches that CUSOM has been making this still leaves me to decide between the three all the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the response. The thing is that Lecom-b fits 2/3 of those options. However, with the current rotation system they have up, and the matches that CUSOM has been making this still leaves me to decide between the three all the same.

The rumor mill regarding LECOM-B's rotation sites would give me hesitation. I can't pick a specific school for you because I have not interviewed at any of the schools listed.

i know vcom cc has mandatory lectures. i am trying to schedule my interview but literally cannot get a hold of them all day. what was your experience at vcom cc? its certainly world's apart from lecom's pbl...

Here is something abt pbl that I am hesitant of: no lectures. I love reading books but in medical school time frame that does not feel ideal.

Vcom cc seemed very friendly, kind of like they were trying to be one with the school. They had 5-6 students there for whole day and they tour you through the city first. Then you interview with 3 faculties. They were a mis of docs and phds. They have a nice gated campus and the curriculum is you get tested each week. There is a fairly good size community hospital where a majority of students do clinical and the city is ok size. I interviewed at 2/3 schools really really early in the cycle. In fact lecomb is the only school I interviewed at much later so I remember most abt it.

Here is something abt pbl that I am hesitant of: no lectures. I love reading books but in medical school time frame that does not feel ideal. I know tho that because we don't come everyday to school this is great for boards.

Vcom cc seemed very friendly, kind of like they were trying to be one with the school. They had 5-6 students there for whole day and they tour you through the city first. Then you interview with 3 faculties. They were a mis of docs and phds. They have a nice gated campus and the curriculum is you get tested each week. There is a fairly good size community hospital where a majority of students do clinical and the city is ok size. I interviewed at 2/3 schools really really early in the cycle. In fact lecomb is the only school I interviewed at much later so I remember most abt it.

I would go CUSOM simply because they have a ton of home residency programs that are all on track for ACGME accred. Very important with the upcoming merger in my opinion to have some program that might favor you as an applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question? Do any of y'all know the specific admissions stats (like how many applied vs interviewed vs accepted) for any of these schools?

LECOM-B is having a hard time with rotations. LECOM-E/SH is a different story--as far as I know their rotations are solid and in good standing. A noticeable number of Bradenton students did come up north for some rotations, but both LECOM campuses operate separately. I imagine LECOM-B will get their house in order very soon.

Sorry to piggyback...Permission to throw in VCOM-Virginia into this mix?

Ive been invited to interview at LECOM-B and have heard so many mixed things about the school I dont know if its worth me even going. Not to say I feel Im too good for the school or anything like that, they have pretty legit board scores from what Ive seen, it just dosent seem like a place I would fit in.