LECOM-B vs. ACPHS-Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightrose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to narrow down which school to go to. I am debating btwn the LECOM-Bradenton and ACPHS-Vermont Campus. I prefer the 4 year program that's why I didn't choose LECOM-Erie. Any input would really help. Here is what I know:

Lecom-B
1. 4 year program
2.nice location
3. Don't know much about rotations
4. Awesome weather and building
5. joined with DO and now dental school
6. Don't know much about residency rate
7. New school but is gaining reputation throughout the states

ACPHS-Vermont
1. 4year program
2. more expensive than LECOM
3. Can do rotations in NY-Albany hospitals
4. Has University of Vermont close by
5. Nice atmosphere (mountains/ lakes)
6. Don't know much about residency rate

I am really interested in doing a residency after pharm school so I would like to choose a program that can prepare me well for that. Any advice would be helpful! :)

Thanks in advance! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you very much for the info! And really 60% got residencies?! Where did you get that information? Can you link it? That would be really helpful. Do you know anyone that has graduated or is enrolled in the pharm program at LECOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for the info! And really 60% got residencies?! Where did you get that information? Can you link it? That would be really helpful. Do you know anyone that has graduated or is enrolled in the pharm program at LECOM?

What did you end up choosing

Lecom all the way, they have a great reputation and the other school I do not know much about but I would go with the school that will land you a residency and the one is florida will most likely.

Lecom all the way, they have a great reputation and the other school I do not know much about but I would go with the school that will land you a residency and the one is florida will most likely.

So how come LECOMs ranking is all the way down to 98? And ACPHS in Albany, NY is 53?

So how come LECOMs ranking is all the way down to 98? And ACPHS in Albany, NY is 53?
Don’t put too much stock on rankings for Pharmacy schools. The rankings are based on surveys done by deans of schools, they don’t incorporate several other important quality indicators.

If you look at the list you’ll see there’s a lot of ties for spots, meaning there’s there’s just no clear distinction between many Pharmacy schools, they’re all relatively good.

Do your own research and look at their recent Naplex passing scores, or residency match rates if you’re interested in that.

I would say everything outside of the top 10 schools would provide you with the necessary education to become a good pharmacist, the rest is up to you.

Those top 10 schools might have slightly better students or better networking opportunities for certain jobs. Otherwise, it just comes down to tuition, location, and other personal preferences.

Also I’ve noticed you love to hate on LECOM on these boards. Still salty from getting rejected?

Don’t put too much stock on rankings for Pharmacy schools. The rankings are based on surveys done by deans of schools, they don’t incorporate several other important quality indicators.

If you look at the list you’ll see there’s a lot of ties for spots, meaning there’s there’s just no clear distinction between many Pharmacy schools, they’re all relatively good.

Do your own research and look at their recent Naplex passing scores, or residency match rates if you’re interested in that.

I would say everything outside of the top 10 schools would provide you with the necessary education to become a good pharmacist, the rest is up to you.

Those top 10 schools might have slightly better students or better networking opportunities for certain jobs. Otherwise, it just comes down to tuition, location, and other personal preferences.

Also I’ve noticed you love to hate on LECOM on these boards. Still salty from getting rejected?

Stating out facts about a school is not hating. Also I love to see how you reached the conclusion that I got rejected where there was no straightforward statement on my end?