lecom bradenton interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobeavers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know a good airport to fly into to get to bradenton, is there an airport in bradenton??? I have an interview commin up in jan!!! your help is always appreciated. :)

thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I flew into Tampa. It was an easy (and pretty) hour-ish drive to Bradenton. I stayed at the Comfort Inn. It was MUCH nicer than I had expected. If you have a little extra time down there, try eating at the Bonefish Grill (the hotel should know where it is) and visit Siesta Key. The beach is really, really pretty.

I LOVED LECOM-Bradenton. Good luck!

iwillbesoon said:
I flew into Tampa. It was an easy (and pretty) hour-ish drive to Bradenton. I stayed at the Comfort Inn. It was MUCH nicer than I had expected. If you have a little extra time down there, try eating at the Bonefish Grill (the hotel should know where it is) and visit Siesta Key. The beach is really, really pretty.

I LOVED LECOM-Bradenton. Good luck!

Is there a shuttle service to get the bradenton, or do you have to get a cab to go that whole way?? That would be pretty expensive I would imagine.

How did you get from tampa to bradenton?

thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
When are you interviewing? I just got my invite for the lucky Friday the 13th of January. I have been shopping around for tickets and hotels, but haven't found anything amazing yet. Well congrats on the interview

drdw said:
When are you interviewing? I just got my invite for the lucky Friday the 13th of January. I have been shopping around for tickets and hotels, but haven't found anything amazing yet. Well congrats on the interview
congrats to you as well, I will be interviewing on the 24th, i had to push it back due to some things i had already planned.

Do you know what airport you are going to fly into yet??

i saw 182 dollar airline tickets to the bradenton airport on cheaptickets.com, if that helps anyone?

drdw said:

Good luck on Friday the 13th drdw!!! :eek:

Anyone interviewing on the 6th?

Sarasota Intl. is just down the street from the school on a street called University. Sarasota is easily the closest, 5 minutes from Bradenton whereas Tampa is about an hour away. My in-laws live 5 minutes from the school in Lakewood Ranch. The problem is you need to fly US Air to fly into Sarasota, all other airlines probably get you as close as Tampa or St. Petersberg. For what it's worth.

I'll be joining you, "drdw", on lucky Friday the 13th. Coming from Seattle, tickets to fly into Tampa were way cheaper than Sarasota - I jumped on a less than $200 ticket from cheaptickets. I have easily paid double that to fly south in the past. Can't wait to see the beach -err, I mean school.... :)

tk2med said:
Sarasota Intl. is just down the street from the school on a street called University. Sarasota is easily the closest, 5 minutes from Bradenton whereas Tampa is about an hour away. My in-laws live 5 minutes from the school in Lakewood Ranch. The problem is you need to fly US Air to fly into Sarasota, all other airlines probably get you as close as Tampa or St. Petersberg. For what it's worth.

Sarasota is significantly closer.....and I believe that Air Tran just started flying into sarasota (they are much cheaper than US air). If you need to fly into tampa definitely rent a car; anyone over 21 can rent a car and it would be much cheaper than a taxi that would probably cost about 100 each way from tampa. Good Luck guys.

I just rented a car to get from Tampa to Bradenton. I flew into Tampa mainly for price - Southwest had roundtrip tickets for $120 from Chicago. Give yourself a decent amount of time to get to the school in the morning. There was all this construction and the streets weren't all that well marked when I was there in October.

Hi to all of you who will be interviewing in the near future at Lecom-B:

Congrats.

If you call admissions, they can give you the name of a company that will pick you up from Tampa and drop you off at the Comfort Inn. They can also give you the number for comfort inn. Both give interviewee's (sp?) a discount. You can carpool w/ others in a taxi or arrange other transportation from the hotel to the school. If I had the info, I would post it myself (sorry). But when you talk to admission, they have this info and they are very helpful and knowledgeable. The other thing is if you fly into Tampa, it is generally much cheaper (even with the car fare to Bradenton) then flying into Sarasota.

There are several nice restaurants around the comfort inn and they have a nice continental b-fast.

Good Luck

Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport is about 15 minutes from the school. Tampa International Airport is about an hour away. Tickets into TPA are generally $100 or so cheaper than SRQ. There are shuttle services that will take you from the airport to your hotel in Sarasota/Bradenton. Keep in mind that rental car companies charge $25-35/day extra for people under 25 (this is on top of the regular fare and is usually not added until you pick the car up, so if you book online, beware of this).

When you visit the school make sure you check out south Lakewood Ranch and Sarasota. There is not much around the school yet, and Bradenton itself blows IMO. You just gotta head 5 minutes south. From school, go down Lakewood Ranch Blvd. to University and turn right. You will then be in Sarasota. Driving down University, the first light will be Market Street. On the right behind the shopping center is Colonial Grand, the most popular apartment complex for students. As you continue down University, you will pass The Tuscany on your left (Medici Court) and Palm Aire on your right (Whitfield Ave), two more popular complexes. Continue on University to US41/Tamiami Trail (10 minutes, you will pass SRQ), and turn left on 41. At this corner is the world-famous Ringling Museum (big pink building). Follow 41 south and you will approach downtown on the left. Take a right on Gulfstream Ave (Ritz Carlton on right) and you will cross the Ringling Bridge over Sarasota Bay. This will take you to St Armands Circle, filled with restaurants and shops. As you walk the circle, follow the sign to Lido Beach, which is a 2 minute walk away. When you go back over the Ringling Bridge on your way back, after you take a left back onto 41, take a right onto Main Street and check out downtown.

This is the best way to experience the area.

By the way, Lido is the smallest of the area beaches but I've included it because of its accessibilty and proximity to St Armands. If you want to see the nicest beach in the area, and the #2 ranked beach in the country, go to Siesta Beach. To get there, take 41 south to Siesta Drive and turn right. Follow the signs.