LECOM Bradenton Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. GG

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed at LECOM Bradenton yet? I was really confident going into the interview until I found out they write down everything you say and don't make eye contact or respond to your answers. Now I'm a little nervous about if they liked me or not. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how did it turn out?

Members don't see this ad.

they did take notes while i was talking, but in my case, one of the interviewers wrote more than the other one, so i always had someone to maintain eye contact with. and even the dr that was writing a lot was still very engaged and responded to my answers. since they have so many interviewers, i guess it just depends on who you get. don't let it reflect negatively on your performance, maybe you just had a lot to say that they liked and wanted to note it :)

Has anyone interviewed at LECOM Bradenton yet? I was really confident going into the interview until I found out they write down everything you say and don't make eye contact or respond to your answers. Now I'm a little nervous about if they liked me or not. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how did it turn out?

i had the same thing at LECOM-erie. I talked to some students and they said this is normal for some of the interviewers. So don't worry. I'm trying not to! :scared: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
im still tryin to get an invite from them. :rolleyes:

My interviewers were pretty cool dudes. They told me they had to fill out their evaluation sheets right on the spot, so there were going to be pauses so they could write. It's really not a big deal to feel somewhat awkward. I felt a little uneasy because of the pauses, but they had to do what they had to do. So everything you felt is totally normal and what happened is most likely in no way a negative sign. Good luck.

i'm just ancy to find out a decision now. they said the letters will be mailed out in 2-3 weeks!

I think I may have gotten the tougher, serious interviewers. The others seemed really nice but I must have just gotten the not-so-laid back ones. I hope that doesn't effect my chances for acceptance. :(

My interviewers started writing down notes as soon as I opened my mouth to answer their first question. However, they did apologize for it and said that the more they write, the better. They're able to convey your personality and more about you if they keep writing. I noticed that whoever asked the question usually made more eye contact when I answered. Fortunately, they were both writing frantically when I was making hand gestures and realized that my hands were shaking uncontrollably. haha. I just received my letter of acceptance last week so I'm pretty stoked. I loved everything about the school and the area...minus the dress code (I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl).

Good luck!

My interviewers started writing down notes as soon as I opened my mouth to answer their first question. However, they did apologize for it and said that the more they write, the better. They're able to convey your personality and more about you if they keep writing. I noticed that whoever asked the question usually made more eye contact when I answered. Fortunately, they were both writing frantically when I was making hand gestures and realized that my hands were shaking uncontrollably. haha. I just received my letter of acceptance last week so I'm pretty stoked. I loved everything about the school and the area...minus the dress code (I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl).

Good luck!

Congrats and welcome! :D

haha really? I'm just so accustomed to wearing jeans and denim skirts that anything else is dressy to me. Plus I have to go shopping for for non-denim items. boo

yeah a erie the girls were not quite in the "business casual" attire I'd heard about. other than the lack of jeans and tshirts, it was as casual as you can get. ironically, i dress mroe professionally than that already and I'm a stay-at-home mom! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at LECOM Bradenton on January 5th followed by one in Erie on January 8th.

How long does it take to receive an acceptance letter?

Which curriculum did ya'll select for the interview?

Any advice other advice or experiences??

Thanks!

I have an interview at LECOM Bradenton on January 5th followed by one in Erie on January 8th.

How long does it take to receive an acceptance letter?

Which curriculum did ya'll select for the interview?

Any advice other advice or experiences??

Thanks!

Hey i'm interviewing in Bradenton on Jan. 5th also!!! I just interviewed @ Erie and they said we should find out in 2-3 weeks, & I picked PBL as my first choice for pathways.

I interviewed at Erie Dec 1 and got my acceptance Dec 21. I chose ISP. The people who chose LDP got their letters a few days sooner (maybe just coincidence, I dunno).

i just got a letter yesterday saying i was placed on the alternate list. merry christmas to me? gosh, an acceptance letter would've just been so nice! so now i wait...

i just got a letter yesterday saying i was placed on the alternate list. merry christmas to me? gosh, an acceptance letter would've just been so nice! so now i wait...

I know several people who got in from the alternate list, but they all worked hard to get off of it-- sending in extra LORs, ECs, and updating grades, etc. It's important to express your desire in that way. Unfortunately, they all had to wait for quite a while, but it's still possible. You may also need to look at some other alternatives, just in case. Good Luck!!!

thanks for the info! the unfortunate thing is that my grades from this semester (i'm in a graduate program) are not good, so maybe i'll stick to sending a letter of interest and more LORs.

I had an interview there on Dec 19th. I thought I did awful, bc they didn't really look at me and I was REALLY nervous- I found out 3 days later I was accepted.

Hey you all! I interviewed at LECOM-Br on Jan 5th as well-- I just found out I've been waitlisted :( . Have you guys heard back yet?

i haven't heard anything yet. i heard a few people that are at bradenton right now didn't get accepted off of the waitlist until august. hopefully we get good news from them sooner than that!

Ugh. Hopefully something comes through before then... I heard (through that infamous grape vine) that last year there was about 100 alternates and about 1/2 eventually were accepted. I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse. Good luck to you.