LECOM Bradenton Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senior007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my phone interview with Dr. Weimer. It was really weird doing it over the phone because I can't see him or read his body language. I couldn't tell if my answers were sufficient or not.

He asked me about my grade history and why I didn't do so well in some courses. My answer was that I tried my 110% in those courses and never gave up. I couldn't think of any other answer.

Other than that the interview went fine and SDN prepared me well for it. Now I'm eagerly waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interview! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Do you mind telling me when you got your supplemental application in and what your stats are?

I really want to go there, but I "discovered" the school late and didn't get my supplemental application in until Feb 20 (although I mailed it on the 12th!).

I hope you hear back soon! I know the waiting is horrible!!!

i had an interview with him over the phone last week friday, now i'm just waiting. he sounded like a very nice man

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't tell from Dr. Weimer's voice if he was interested in me or bored or excited about my prospects. he kept saying that when you come here, blah, blah. In the end, I hung up the phone and didn't know if I did well or not. How do you other guys feel about the interview with him?

I sent in my supp in early Feburary, and got a call last week.

Congrats on the interview! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Do you mind telling me when you got your supplemental application in and what your stats are?

I really want to go there, but I "discovered" the school late and didn't get my supplemental application in until Feb 20 (although I mailed it on the 12th!).

I hope you hear back soon! I know the waiting is horrible!!!

Have you received an email stating that your application was received by LECOM?

that's the way my interview was too, i was not sure if i did well or not and Dr Weimer talked more than half of the time we were on the phone but i got a call from the dean today offering me admission.

Have you received an email stating that your application was received by LECOM?

They didn't contact me first, but I did email them to check and see if they got everything from me. I sent it certified mail, so I know they got it on the 20th of Feb. I emailed them to check if they got it on the 28th and they said they did, but it might take up to four weeks to process my file. I hate the wait!!!

I have great stats, so I'm not worried about them so much (3.93 GPA and 98% PCAT) I'm just worried because I got my supplemental application in so late! I'm so mad at the Air Force- my fiance was supposed to know in November where he was going, but they didn't tell him till Feb 9th!

Other people I have talked to said they got an email from LECOM when their application was "checked-in". It basically told them that everything was received and made a note of which classes needed to be completed in the spring term. Apparently that is the first step in the review process. They said my app would be "checked-in" a couple of weeks ago but I am still waiting.

They didn't contact me first, but I did email them to check and see if they got everything from me. I sent it certified mail, so I know they got it on the 20th of Feb. I emailed them to check if they got it on the 28th and they said they did, but it might take up to four weeks to process my file. I hate the wait!!!

I have great stats, so I'm not worried about them so much (3.93 GPA and 98% PCAT) I'm just worried because I got my supplemental application in so late! I'm so mad at the Air Force- my fiance was supposed to know in November where he was going, but they didn't tell him till Feb 9th!

Wow, those are amazing stats!! You can probably get in anywhere with that!! :) And I totally understand the military thing. My husband is a Marine and he doesn't get notices till last minute too. He's going to Australia for a month this summer but they don't know the dates yet and I can't plan a trip for us without knowing when he'll be gone!!! Anyway, hope you hear from LECOM soon.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am getting so nervous! I really don't like the idea of being away from my fiance for 4 years, and I really like what LECOM has to offer! Not to mention, moving to Florida from North Dakota would be amazing!! I'm going to just try as hard as I can to be patient. At least I have a distraction. I'm going to Texas to visit Mike (the fiance) for a week starting this Thursday. Hopefully that will take my mind off of all this for a little while!!!