You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy - Distance Education C\O 2018
Started by africanpharmd14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I applied for the Distance pathway program and was lucky to be invited for an interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed this coming Tuesday - 04/22/14. I will be flying out on Monday from Reagan Airport, Washington, DC to Tampa International, then rent a car from Tampa to Bradenton. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a GPA of 3.1 (science GPA is 3.4). BA in Political Science with a 7-year experience as an LPN. My PCAT was not great but I did well in Chemistry and Biology. I don't know how I fall on the scale of acceptance. I pray that I do well on the interview. Hope to see you there Kelp103 and good luck!
Blessings to you steveun70!! Wishing u a safe flight and a successful trip!I applied for the Distance pathway program and was lucky to be invited for an interview. I am scheduled to be interviewed this coming Tuesday - 04/22/14. I will be flying out on Monday from Reagan Airport, Washington, DC to Tampa International, then rent a car from Tampa to Bradenton. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a GPA of 3.1 (science GPA is 3.4). BA in Political Science with a 7-year experience as an LPN. My PCAT was not great but I did well in Chemistry and Biology. I don't know how I fall on the scale of acceptance. I pray that I do well on the interview. Hope to see you there Kelp103 and good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's pretty much exactly like SDN says it will be. Very laid back and some of the questions are the same. Just look at past interview questions and you'll be fine. 🙂 When's your interview?To anyone who has already interviewed, would you mind sharing some advice on the interview? Thanks...
Hi Kelp103! It was great meeting you. PreAA, don't stress about the interview. Everybody was very nice and friendly. The interview will be a time for them to get to know you personally, so just be yourself and be honest and you should do fine.
I applied to LECOM as soon as i received the email, and have still not even received the supplemental. Lauren told me that they have extended the deadline, but this is kind of a long wait just to fill out the application. should i be realistic and face the fact that i didnt even get chosen? =[ anyone think i have a glimmer of hope left?
At the interview they told us decisions would be mailed out May 1st, though one of the applicants (who also applied for the traditional pathway) said their turn around time is very fast. I received my interview invite about a week in advanced, while someone else on the forum received theirs like 2 days in advanced (though they live in Florida). It may be too late though if you have not been able to fill out the supplemental yet :-( Were you able to apply anywhere else this cycle? If you would like to apply again next cycle you could always call them and ask what you could do to improve your chances for next time.I applied to LECOM as soon as i received the email, and have still not even received the supplemental. Lauren told me that they have extended the deadline, but this is kind of a long wait just to fill out the application. should i be realistic and face the fact that i didnt even get chosen? =[ anyone think i have a glimmer of hope left?
At the interview they told us decisions would be mailed out May 1st, though one of the applicants (who also applied for the traditional pathway) said their turn around time is very fast. I received my interview invite about a week in advanced, while someone else on the forum received theirs like 2 days in advanced (though they live in Florida). It may be too late though if you have not been able to fill out the supplemental yet :-( Were you able to apply anywhere else this cycle? If you would like to apply again next cycle you could always call them and ask what you could do to improve your chances for next time.
Thanks for replying Kelp! I applied distance pathway so I could keep my FT job at cvs. I did apply to Touro NY. (I live in NY) I am still waiting on them too, but they go all through may, and could send out more acceptances throughout June/July I heard, so I'm more hopeful there lol. I do plan on inquiring to see what would make me a better candidate for both institutions if i don't get accepted =[
I work at CVS also (though that is not why I want the distance program). Hopefully both admissions offices will be helpful. It could be a relatively simple fix! I wish you luck for the future!!!Thanks for replying Kelp! I applied distance pathway so I could keep my FT job at cvs. I did apply to Touro NY. (I live in NY) I am still waiting on them too, but they go all through may, and could send out more acceptances throughout June/July I heard, so I'm more hopeful there lol. I do plan on inquiring to see what would make me a better candidate for both institutions if i don't get accepted =[
Decisions are supposed to be mailed out today, but my admissions status hasn't changed in the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine just changed too. I think I will call. I don't think I can wait another 10 days.
I was able to talk to Lauren personally, and I have been accepted! Did Lauren tell you where you are on the alternate list? Good luck, Kelp103. I hope you get into one of the two online programs.Let me know if you actually get to talk to someone please 🙂
Good luck!
I asked if she could tell me a number or something and she simply said to send in any new academic or professional work and if I was in the top 10 percent they would be 'in touch' so I have a feeling I may not be in the top 10% T.T I did confirm my status as an alternate though :-/I was able to talk to Lauren personally, and I have been accepted! Did Lauren tell you where you are on the alternate list? Good luck, Kelp103. I hope you get into one of the two online programs.
I'm happy for you though 🙂 Thank you for your wishes.
I wish you all the luck next fall!
Has anyone been accepted into the LECOM School of Pharmacy Distance Education program for the Class of 2018? I haven't found much on the threads here so I decided to create one. I have also created a Facebook group for those who are interested in joining. The group name is LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy: Distance Education C\O of 2018.
Hi Steve. So far it's just you and me. I think I met you at the interview. It's really going to be a small group of us, so I'm sure we'll get to know each other very well. What is the link to the fb page? It doesn't come up when I searched for it.
Thanks for the message tnt2001. You are right it's going to be a small group of us and honestly, I like it that way. Per your request, the FB link that I created is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/275560739284709/
Do you know when the orientation is scheduled for? I see that the commencement starts on June 7th. I am not sure if that is part of the 1 week orientation. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting all my classmates.
Steve
https://www.facebook.com/groups/275560739284709/
Do you know when the orientation is scheduled for? I see that the commencement starts on June 7th. I am not sure if that is part of the 1 week orientation. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting all my classmates.
Steve
Just wondering if anyone has actually received their admissions letter in the mail yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There isn't an exact date for orientation yet, but it should around the 3rd week of August. I believe orientation is for 3 to 4 days before the start of classes.Thanks for the message tnt2001. You are right it's going to be a small group of us and honestly, I like it that way. Per your request, the FB link that I created is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/275560739284709/
Do you know when the orientation is scheduled for? I see that the commencement starts on June 7th. I am not sure if that is part of the 1 week orientation. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting all my classmates.
Steve
BTW, when is your deposit due by?
Last edited:
Did you get accepted, faceman357? We should be getting the matriculation packet next week.
Hi tnt, I don't know if I've been accepted or not. I tried calling on Thursday a couple of times and couldn't get through, undoubtedly they were very busy. When I was able to call on Friday, Lauren had already left for the day. Just very anxious right now.Did you get accepted, faceman357? We should be getting the matriculation packet next week.
This thread should be combined with http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ation-applicants.1058144/page-3#post-15194942 where is @AlPacino ??
I believe at the interview we were told August 11 was the week of orientation, (I wrote it down for some reason) but I could be wrong. That might have been the first day of classes. And I think they said orientation would be with the traditional students also.
I imagine it will be in the acceptance packet or you can email Lauren.
I imagine it will be in the acceptance packet or you can email Lauren.
Good luck! Waiting is the worst. Makes me wantta vomit T.T Just stay super busy this weekend until you can call again on Monday >.<Hi tnt, I don't know if I've been accepted or not. I tried calling on Thursday a couple of times and couldn't get through, undoubtedly they were very busy. When I was able to call on Friday, Lauren had already left for the day. Just very anxious right now.
Did you apply anywhere else?
Thanks, and yeah I'm gonna try and stay busy this weekend. I applied to 5 different schools. LECOM was my third interview; I have another one scheduled 5/9 with Creighton. I'm really hoping LECOM works out. How about you?Good luck! Waiting is the worst. Makes me wantta vomit T.T Just stay super busy this weekend until you can call again on Monday >.<
Did you apply anywhere else?
I applied to 5 and got 4 interviews also. I got accepted at one and am wait listed at 3 now T.T (though one of the wait lists I should really call and just get myself off of)Thanks, and yeah I'm gonna try and stay busy this weekend. I applied to 5 different schools. LECOM was my third interview; I have another one scheduled 5/9 with Creighton. I'm really hoping LECOM works out. How about you?
I'm an alternate at Creighton, so that means you get to give us the inside scoop of the 5/9 interview if you go O.O haha
LECOM's hard because they are taking so few this year. It's the only interview I went to where there was such a bad ratio to get in at the interview stage. I think they said they were interviewing about 4 people for every spot :-/ It makes sense as it is their first year as a distance program, but it just makes it so the odds are not 'ever in your favor'.
It'd be nice if the portal would tell you the decision instead of just saying that a decision was made. Hopefully, you'll get good news though 🙂
Thanks Kelp103 and tnt2001isnt for the information. I am not sure why I heard June/July as the time frame for the 1 week orientation. But anyway, August 11 sounds more realistic. My acceptance letter states that the deposit deadline is May 9th (with a bold mark). With the $500 deposit strictly due by May 9th and our matriculation packet not received yet, I am not sure how we can beat the deposit deadline for securing our seats for the class.
Accepted ....Any one else from the April 15 interview? Little nervous, matriculation packets went out Thursday night.
This thread should be combined with http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ation-applicants.1058144/page-3#post-15194942 where is @AlPacino ??
Yes all Lecom posts should be asked here. Next time just use the alpacino bat signal.
Congrats! I was at the 4/22 interview. I will give up my seat at another school to attend LECOM distance. Is LECOM your first choice?Accepted ....Any one else from the April 15 interview? Little nervous, matriculation packets went out Thursday night.
Yes, I'm excited..sent in my deposit yesterday. Congrads to all. Where are the 21 others? I look forward to meeting everyone.
Congrats PharmDPlease. I also sent out my deposit yesterday and my transcripts today.Yes, I'm excited..sent in my deposit yesterday. Congrads to all. Where are the 21 others? I look forward to meeting everyone.
Congratulations to my fellow classmates. I attended the April 15th interview as well PharmDPlease. I am excited to get started. Lauren sent a matriculation packet agreement by email for those of you worrying about getting it in by the May 9th deadline. The postal service guaranteed mine would arrive by today, but it's nice to know we have a backup just in case. Looking forward to meeting you all at orientation!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations Lreda. You are right, Lauren did send out the Matriculation agreement papers via email. I received the original copies via mail 2 days ago. She told me that it is ok if we are couple of days late in submitting the deposit fee as the acceptance letters were sent out in such a short notice. Hopefully my agreement will be getting to the Admissions office today.
Steveun70, are you going to approve my request to join the Facebook group for the distance pathway? 🙂 It's been awhile now. For those who have been admitted and will be attending orientation, perhaps we can utilize Facebook to share transportation and housing (hotel) costs if so desired.
Thanks!Sorry for the long delay Tommy. I have added you to the Facebook group.
Anyone having second thoughts?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K