LECOM-Bradenton vs. MCPHS-Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdonboard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I got accepted to LECOM-FL campus a couple weeks ago :) I dnt know how the campus looks like as well as its easy to find housing there. Any of you who going there this fall have some ideas? appreciate it.
Also, I got accepted to MCPHS-worcester, but I heard they have a bad reputation for the lack of professors who teach therapeutic. I am not sure where to go now. Any advice will be good!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I got accepted to LECOM-FL campus a couple weeks ago :) I dnt know how the campus looks like as well as its easy to find housing there. Any of you who going there this fall have some ideas? appreciate it.
Also, I got accepted to MCPHS-worcester, but I heard they have a bad reputation for the lack of professors who teach therapeutic. I am not sure where to go now. Any advice will be good!

Congrats:) I have no idea about both the campuses...ive heard LECOM is better...but im not sure...i have also applied to MCPHS-worcester...i applied really late so still waiting to hear from them...also i am planning to apply to LECOM...i know its late but i called thm n they told me tht i can apply till 1st march...i dunno if they still have spots left....do u mind sharing ur stats with me?????im worried...:(

My GPA is not very high. OVerall GPA: 3.62. Pre-Pharm GPA for Worcester: 3.85. I am graduating with a BS in Pharmaceutics in May 2007. I also got interview with USN and waiting to hear from them. How many schools did u apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I consider a 3.62 and a 3.8 pre-req G.PA pretty high. I am in the same situation. I am applying to a bunch of schools but my top schools are worcester, lecom FL, and Nova. I dont know which one to go to myself. WOrcesters high attrition rate is alarming.

I consider a 3.62 and a 3.8 pre-req G.PA pretty high. I am in the same situation. I am applying to a bunch of schools but my top schools are worcester, lecom FL, and Nova. I dont know which one to go to myself. WOrcesters high attrition rate is alarming.

so what schools did you get accepted? and which one is your first choice?

Congrats:) I have no idea about both the campuses...ive heard LECOM is better...but im not sure...i have also applied to MCPHS-worcester...i applied really late so still waiting to hear from them...also i am planning to apply to LECOM...i know its late but i called thm n they told me tht i can apply till 1st march...i dunno if they still have spots left....do u mind sharing ur stats with me?????im worried...:(

Pick which place you like better...then go there. If you're still not sure then search for students already in these programs and PM them, as opposed to some Joe Schmo from University of XXX who knows absolutely nothing about either program but has "heard" things about them. After all, it’s the next 3-4 yrs of your life, not anyone else. Good luck with your decision.

Why don't you guys take a trip to the school and inspect the area? I think it is a major step in making a decision about where to go and the opportunities available

I got into Lecom FL and am interviewing for Worcester and Nova soon.
I know a couple people that graduated from Worcester so I have a good idea of what to expect. I would say my top choices are WOrcester, Nova, and than Lecom.

I'm a student at MCP. Therapeutics is not that bad of a class, you just don't get spoon fed. I would visit the school and then make your decisions, but don't base your decision off of rumors of one class. I love it here- but MCP is not for everyone. PM me if you have questions.
astevens

I'm a student at MCP. Therapeutics is not that bad of a class, you just don't get spoon fed. I would visit the school and then make your decisions, but don't base your decision off of rumors of one class. I love it here- but MCP is not for everyone. PM me if you have questions.
astevens

Hi astevens,
what do u mean by "MCP is not for everyone"? I myself visited the campus. the campus is nice but the percent of students who pass NAPLEX is only about 85%. I also learned that there are some classes students have to study with a TV and share that with those at New Hamshire. is this correct?
Thanks

MCP is a small campus and has an extremely busy schedule. By this school is not for everyone, I mean that you may not be able to work much, if at all while at MCP, and if you like to go out and party all the time- this may not be the place for you. Also, there is a larger percentage of older students ( I think the avg age is 27) Time management is extremely important here because if you get behind... your sol. The Naplex pass rate is based on those who pass it the first time, and keep in mind- this is still above average.
By the "TV" thing- it is a live tele-conference. Most of the classes are taught in Worcester, but some are DE to Manchester. You can still ask questions and see the slides at the same time- it hasn't bothered me at all