Lecom Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

anyone have any feedback on the school and the curriculum?

How is the interview? Is it group interview?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a current student at LECOM-B that has made a few videos about the school, her youtube channel is April K, if you search for LECOM Bradenton her videos should show up.

I'm pretty sure there is a group interview portion. I have an interview scheduled for January 5th at Bradenton.

There is a current student at LECOM-B that has made a few videos about the school, her youtube channel is April K, if you search for LECOM Bradenton her videos should show up.

I'm pretty sure there is a group interview portion. I have an interview scheduled for January 5th at Bradenton.

April k is in the DO program though

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any feedback on the school and the curriculum?

How is the interview? Is it group interview?

the interview process is divided into two sessions. one individual interview and one group interview. the school seems really strict about the no eating/drinking policy.

the interview process is divided into two sessions. one individual interview and one group interview. the school seems really strict about the no eating/drinking policy.

But is the curriculum and professors good?

But is the curriculum and professors good?
I’m a first year at LECOM B. The school is great so far. All the Professors I’ve had really want you to succeed, but it’s no cake walk.
Pharmacy school is tough and you will have to study hard. If you struggled in undergrad science courses, you will fail a course or two.
Otherwise, people really like to trash LECOM because of the silly “no water” and uniform policies, but everyone gets over it by the second week of classes. It’s a minor thing that has somehow overshadowed how great the faculty and school really is.
Let me know if you have any other questions about LECOM B!

Last edited:
What the hell is a no water policy? You can't drink water on campus?

Oh wow. I would've thought a health school would know the importance of staying hydrated lol. They even have an article on their site.
The Dangers of Dehydration - LECOM Health

And I thought my school forcing everyone to wear jeans instead of sweatpants was draconian.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep. No water in the lecture halls, mandatory attendance, and professional attire every day you’re on campus. It’s all true.

If these are things you absolutely can’t live with for a couple years, I’m not going to try and change your mind. You don’t have to come to LECOM.

Just realize that there are far more important factors that students here looked at first before they decided to attend.

I’m not claiming that LECOM is the nations premiere Pharmacy school, but we’re pretty solid. Believe me when I say most of the students here feel the same way you do about these childish policies, but we’ve learned to live with it. Either way, we’re too busy with class or rotations to care at this point.

Yep. No water in the lecture halls, mandatory attendance, and professional attire every day you’re on campus. It’s all true.

If these are things you absolutely can’t live with for a couple years, I’m not going to try and change your mind. You don’t have to come to LECOM.

Just realize that there are far more important factors that students here looked at first before they decided to attend.

I’m not claiming that LECOM is the nations premiere Pharmacy school, but we’re pretty solid. Believe me when I say most of the students here feel the same way you do about these childish policies, but we’ve learned to live with it. Either way, we’re too busy with class or rotations to care at this point.
I also heard rumors the school doesn’t help you arrange rotation sites or internship opportunities. Is this true?

I also heard rumors the school doesn’t help you arrange rotation sites or internship opportunities. Is this true?
That is not true at all. The school is very active in informing us of various internship opportunities in the area, but it’s entirely up to you to apply.
Rotations are also organised by the school and all you have to do is rank them. You can decide to attend any rotation site on their list which is very comprehensive and nationwide. If there’s a site not on the list that you’d like to attend, it can be added after some paperwork.

Reactions: 1 users