• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

LECOM-Bradenton

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
south Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I decided to apply to the Bradenton campus. The deadline isn't until March 1. I plan to over-night my supplemental on Monday and I have already added it on PharmCAS, which cost $40 more. I've interviewed at Nova, but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't heard from the other 3 schools, so I started getting worried and decided to add 1 more school. Does anyone think I still have a shot at Bradenton?? Does anyone know how many people have been accepted out of the 78??? That seems like a lot of spots, considering I interviewed at Nova for 1 of 50 spots (at West Palm). South only accepts around 70.

laface1215

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just got mine in just a couple of wks. but when I call them to ask them qtns in regard to how many spots left, they give me the impression that there's alot so I dont know. But if you have a very good GPA and experience you would have a good chance. Know someone that got accepted with a GPA of 3.2 but with strong pharmacy experience + an anticipated degree in Biology. so how is your GPA and stuff?

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
south Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
My GPA isn't to good b/c of 1 semester in 99 when I was general studies. I worked for a few years and then decided to go back to school for pharmacy. Since then, all A's and B's, but 1 semester of poor grades is very hard to bring up....in other words it's 3.0. I have really good LOR's and I am a pharm tech. I also made an 85 on the PCAT. What about you??

About the Ads

TheHillCrew

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Apply quickly, I think you still have a chance... get that application in quick though...if you wait until the deadline I dont think you will have much of a chance with sub-par stats. My advice is to get it in within the next couple days. If you wait until the deadline I would say dont bother just because you said your grades arenet top notch.

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Is it true tht one of the LOR's should be from a pharmacist????? i dont have a pharmacy experience but im working as a clinical research coordinator..have 1yr volunteer experience in a hospital...3.45 GPA and a BS in Biotech...I am not sure if i shld apply here.. any suggestions?????

comet81

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Is it true tht one of the LOR's should be from a pharmacist????? i dont have a pharmacy experience but im working as a clinical research coordinator..have 1yr volunteer experience in a hospital...3.45 GPA and a BS in Biotech...I am not sure if i shld apply here.. any suggestions?????

none of my LOR is from pharmacist.

LECOMorBUST

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Do you think there are still chances of me getting in if i apply within 2-3 days????? is the pharmacy experience required????? is the PCAT required?????

Go for it if you have everything in to PharmCAS, this is their inaugural class, they are trying to attract attention and fill those seats. I heard when LECOM Erie opened their doors, they were accepting applicants that were pulling D's in science courses. Of course, that has all changed.

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Go for it if you have everything in to PharmCAS, this is their inaugural class, they are trying to attract attention and fill those seats. I heard when LECOM Erie opened their doors, they were accepting applicants that were pulling D's in science courses. Of course, that has all changed.

Thanks...:)
Does tht matter if i am from out-of-state??? i dont have everything in pharmcas..but i can do it within this week....how does the LOR process work???is there is form????? n does it go to pharmcas or directly to the school???????

About the Ads

LECOMorBUST

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Does tht matter if i am from out-of-state??? i dont have everything in pharmcas..but i can do it within this week....how does the LOR process work???is there is form????? n does it go to pharmcas or directly to the school???????

LECOM is a private school, which does not favor in-state applicants (for the state $$$/funding). Electronic LORs are recommended (quicker, less paperwork) over paper version, just need to find at least 2 people to submit the LOR to PharmCAS with Godspeed.

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Who shld the LOR's come from? Shld one of the letters be from undergrad science prof?????? its really hard for me to get a letter from the prof as i graduated last yr...i can get a letter from my manager at a research company and from a manager of volunteer services at a hospital where i volunteered for a yr...

tricia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Gainesville, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Who shld the LOR's come from? Shld one of the letters be from undergrad science prof?????? its really hard for me to get a letter from the prof as i graduated last yr...i can get a letter from my manager at a research company and from a manager of volunteer services at a hospital where i volunteered for a yr...

I couldnt get a letter from a science professor because i had graduated over two years ago. I got an email from Pamela once I had submitted my application that I was missig this LOR, so I emailed back explaining my problem. All I had to do was submit a written request to have the science professor letter waived and include who I would like to have considered as a letter instead.

Khoioiii

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I got into Lecom. I actually drove down to Bradenton to look at it. It is located in new developed area so you better got some $$$ to live there!! From what I know there are no apartments around there you gotta drive like 20 or 30 min to get apartment.

Are you a current student?

About the Ads

babybunc

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Im a student in tampa and i applied to bradenten LECOM. They received my pharmcas app at the beggining of spring break...
I dont kno if they are still accepting and if the are i dont even kno if i have a chance. my stats are as follows..

GPA-3.6
Math 3.7
Science 3.3
some volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy

I really wnt to get in but am i just a faliurE???

Help please anyone!

cycloketocaine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
The Boonies
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Im a student in tampa and i applied to bradenten LECOM. They received my pharmcas app at the beggining of spring break...
I dont kno if they are still accepting and if the are i dont even kno if i have a chance. my stats are as follows..

GPA-3.6
Math 3.7
Science 3.3
some volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy

I really wnt to get in but am i just a faliurE???

Help please anyone!

No one here knows if you will get in. You're not a failure unless you think you are.

Pharmacyguy4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I received my acceptance call back on February 21...just out of curiosity, for those who are already accepted, how many of u plan on attending LECOM-B and how many of u plan on declining their admittance?

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
LECOM is a private school, which does not favor in-state applicants (for the state $$$/funding). Electronic LORs are recommended (quicker, less paperwork) over paper version, just need to find at least 2 people to submit the LOR to PharmCAS with Godspeed.

Hi,

I just submitted my online supplemental application to both LECOM-B AND LECOM Erie. I submitted all my LORs, transcripts, and test scores to Pharmcas. Do I need to mail these again directly to LECOM/

Thank you very much,

Smallkitty00

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.