LECOM-Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to apply to the Bradenton campus. The deadline isn't until March 1. I plan to over-night my supplemental on Monday and I have already added it on PharmCAS, which cost $40 more. I've interviewed at Nova, but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't heard from the other 3 schools, so I started getting worried and decided to add 1 more school. Does anyone think I still have a shot at Bradenton?? Does anyone know how many people have been accepted out of the 78??? That seems like a lot of spots, considering I interviewed at Nova for 1 of 50 spots (at West Palm). South only accepts around 70.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got mine in just a couple of wks. but when I call them to ask them qtns in regard to how many spots left, they give me the impression that there's alot so I dont know. But if you have a very good GPA and experience you would have a good chance. Know someone that got accepted with a GPA of 3.2 but with strong pharmacy experience + an anticipated degree in Biology. so how is your GPA and stuff?

My GPA isn't to good b/c of 1 semester in 99 when I was general studies. I worked for a few years and then decided to go back to school for pharmacy. Since then, all A's and B's, but 1 semester of poor grades is very hard to bring up....in other words it's 3.0. I have really good LOR's and I am a pharm tech. I also made an 85 on the PCAT. What about you??

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply quickly, I think you still have a chance... get that application in quick though...if you wait until the deadline I dont think you will have much of a chance with sub-par stats. My advice is to get it in within the next couple days. If you wait until the deadline I would say dont bother just because you said your grades arenet top notch.

I am going to over-night it tomorrow!!

well, i have an overall GPA of 3.1 and a science GPA of 3.3, its not all that but hope i get a chance since i'ld earn a BS in Biology + I am a pharm tech for over 3 yrs.

I just got an acceptance phone call frlm LECOM Brandeton. I cannot believe this!!:D

Is it true tht one of the LOR's should be from a pharmacist????? i dont have a pharmacy experience but im working as a clinical research coordinator..have 1yr volunteer experience in a hospital...3.45 GPA and a BS in Biotech...I am not sure if i shld apply here.. any suggestions?????

Is it true tht one of the LOR's should be from a pharmacist????? i dont have a pharmacy experience but im working as a clinical research coordinator..have 1yr volunteer experience in a hospital...3.45 GPA and a BS in Biotech...I am not sure if i shld apply here.. any suggestions?????

none of my LOR is from pharmacist.

none of my LOR is from pharmacist.

Do you think there are still chances of me getting in if i apply within 2-3 days????? is the pharmacy experience required????? is the PCAT required?????

Do you think there are still chances of me getting in if i apply within 2-3 days????? is the pharmacy experience required????? is the PCAT required?????

Go for it if you have everything in to PharmCAS, this is their inaugural class, they are trying to attract attention and fill those seats. I heard when LECOM Erie opened their doors, they were accepting applicants that were pulling D's in science courses. Of course, that has all changed.

Go for it if you have everything in to PharmCAS, this is their inaugural class, they are trying to attract attention and fill those seats. I heard when LECOM Erie opened their doors, they were accepting applicants that were pulling D's in science courses. Of course, that has all changed.

Thanks...:)
Does tht matter if i am from out-of-state??? i dont have everything in pharmcas..but i can do it within this week....how does the LOR process work???is there is form????? n does it go to pharmcas or directly to the school???????

Members don't see this ad :)
Does tht matter if i am from out-of-state??? i dont have everything in pharmcas..but i can do it within this week....how does the LOR process work???is there is form????? n does it go to pharmcas or directly to the school???????

LECOM is a private school, which does not favor in-state applicants (for the state $$$/funding). Electronic LORs are recommended (quicker, less paperwork) over paper version, just need to find at least 2 people to submit the LOR to PharmCAS with Godspeed.

Comet81 do you know what the deposit is?

I got into Lecom. I actually drove down to Bradenton to look at it. It is located in new developed area so you better got some $$$ to live there!! From what I know there are no apartments around there you gotta drive like 20 or 30 min to get apartment.

Who shld the LOR's come from? Shld one of the letters be from undergrad science prof?????? its really hard for me to get a letter from the prof as i graduated last yr...i can get a letter from my manager at a research company and from a manager of volunteer services at a hospital where i volunteered for a yr...

Who shld the LOR's come from? Shld one of the letters be from undergrad science prof?????? its really hard for me to get a letter from the prof as i graduated last yr...i can get a letter from my manager at a research company and from a manager of volunteer services at a hospital where i volunteered for a yr...

I couldnt get a letter from a science professor because i had graduated over two years ago. I got an email from Pamela once I had submitted my application that I was missig this LOR, so I emailed back explaining my problem. All I had to do was submit a written request to have the science professor letter waived and include who I would like to have considered as a letter instead.

I got into Lecom. I actually drove down to Bradenton to look at it. It is located in new developed area so you better got some $$$ to live there!! From what I know there are no apartments around there you gotta drive like 20 or 30 min to get apartment.

Are you a current student?

So, r u going there in this fall?

no i already graduated in may. i deposited my money already but i still have an interview for uf to go to...

Babyvi3thonnie, whens your interview for UF and what campus?

quick question. Does Lecom accept international students? Thanks

quick question. Does Lecom accept international students? Thanks

I am not 100 percent positive, but I think I remember Dean Levin stating that the Lecom Bradenton campus is not currently accepting international students. Call though!

Im a student in tampa and i applied to bradenten LECOM. They received my pharmcas app at the beggining of spring break...
I dont kno if they are still accepting and if the are i dont even kno if i have a chance. my stats are as follows..

GPA-3.6
Math 3.7
Science 3.3
some volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy

I really wnt to get in but am i just a faliurE???

Help please anyone!

Im a student in tampa and i applied to bradenten LECOM. They received my pharmcas app at the beggining of spring break...
I dont kno if they are still accepting and if the are i dont even kno if i have a chance. my stats are as follows..

GPA-3.6
Math 3.7
Science 3.3
some volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy

I really wnt to get in but am i just a faliurE???

Help please anyone!

No one here knows if you will get in. You're not a failure unless you think you are.

I just got an acceptance phone call frlm LECOM Brandeton. I cannot believe this!!:D
Congrat!!! what is your status if you dont mind? Did you apply early??
Thank you in advange

I received my acceptance call back on February 21...just out of curiosity, for those who are already accepted, how many of u plan on attending LECOM-B and how many of u plan on declining their admittance?

LECOM is a private school, which does not favor in-state applicants (for the state $$$/funding). Electronic LORs are recommended (quicker, less paperwork) over paper version, just need to find at least 2 people to submit the LOR to PharmCAS with Godspeed.

Hi,

I just submitted my online supplemental application to both LECOM-B AND LECOM Erie. I submitted all my LORs, transcripts, and test scores to Pharmcas. Do I need to mail these again directly to LECOM/

Thank you very much,

Smallkitty00