LECOM Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bamboo511

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I got a phone call this morning to interview with Dr Weimer and i was on the phone for approximately 26 minutes but he talked half of the time, i thought the interview went well and i just wanted to know how soon they let you know if you're accepted, i read some where that they don't call people any more to let them know.

Please let me know how soon they're supposed to contact you cos i really can't stand this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

Umm i got a call from Dr. levin in about 5 days.

bamboo511,

I interviewed today also so let me know when you hear anything! I hope we both hear some good news soon. :) I wonder how many interviews Dr. Weimar conducts a day...

Members don't see this ad :)
bamboo511,

I interviewed today also so let me know when you hear anything! I hope we both hear some good news soon. :) I wonder how many interviews Dr. Weimar conducts a day...

I hope we both get some good news, how awesome will that be, when the lady called me this morning she only gave me two time options for today or next week so i picked today to interview even though i had little time to prepare.

I got a call about 8 days after I interviewed. The nice thing was that it was from a call from Dr. Levin (the dean of LECOM-Bradenton) congratulating me.

Hey- I got a call about an interview too today. can you guys tell me about it? was it stressful?

when did everyone that's getting interviews turn their applications in?

i sumbitted my pharmcas in oct and supp in jan. From reading all of the posts, it seems like getting an interview from Bradenton is a really good sign. Everyone who has interveiwed seemed to have gotten in.

Hey- I got a call about an interview too today. can you guys tell me about it? was it stressful?
it was not stressful at all, i was in my PJs when i did the interview, it was over the phone, it was just the usual question, tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why lecom, strenght/weaknessess.

Hey when did you all get your supplemental apps in. I haven't heard back about an interview yet! I'm getting really nervous. My finace is in the Air Force and just got transfered to Tampa, so I really want to go to LECOM!

I turned in my supp. in late January and I had my interview with Dr. Weimar on Feb. 8. It was not stressful, it was like a normal conversation and he asked me the usual..tell me about urself...why pharmacy, etc. I received the acceptance call from Dr. Levin last Wednesday so I'm looking forward to attending LECOM-Bradenton.

I turned in my supp. in late January and I had my interview with Dr. Weimar on Feb. 8. It was not stressful, it was like a normal conversation and he asked me the usual..tell me about urself...why pharmacy, etc. I received the acceptance call from Dr. Levin last Wednesday so I'm looking forward to attending LECOM-Bradenton.

hmmm, so u got a phone call about 2 weeks later, i was reading in some of the earlier posts that they stopped calling people since january cos of privacy issues, now i'm confused. well it doesn't matter how they contact me as long as they do with good news, lol.

ya I thought that they stopped calling too...the funny thing is I called the Erie campus (they are the ones that make the decision) 30 min. before Dr. Levin called me and they told me that they no longer make the phone calls and I have to wait for the mail for my response. So I was shocked but yet relieved when I got the call. My twin bro interviewed on the same day as me but he hasn't heard anything yet. Hopefully he gets in with me as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from Dr. Levin one week after talking with Dr. Weimar. I was in my jamies too.:) Is he the only guy doing interviews or what?

I just got a call from Dr. Levin and I'm in!!! :D I'm so excited!!!!!!

Congrats i guess that means they are still doing phone calls

Me Toooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Gosh I'm So Excited, I Can't Stop Screaming, Whooooooooooooooooooooo, What A Relief To Get That Phone Call Telling Me I Got In

What is going on with the Erie campus? I don't see many people that got accepted to the Erie campus on this wesbite.

congrats to those who got accepted! have you guys seen the campus yet, or are you guys going to any of the offered tours? i got accepted back in january and will be attending the march 12th tour.

I'm going to the March 19th tour. The 12th is all booked. I believe the max # for the tour is only 10 people. Anyone going the 19th? As of last Friday, I'm the only one going to the 19th tour:( .

What is going on with the Erie campus? I don't see many people that got accepted to the Erie campus on this wesbite.

I would like to know the same thing. Just waiting to hear anything from LECOM Erie.

oh i was going to call tomorrow to schedule the tour for the 12th but i guess it'll be the 19th then if the 12th is all booked. anyone coming with their parents??? I don't want to be the odd one out, lol. :D

i asked about bringing a guest with me to the tour, but i was told that i couldnt because they didnt have the funds to allow people other than those who have been accepted to attend the tour. i dont understand :confused: .

that's ridiculous. we should be allowed to bring some one to the tour

I don't understand either. Why the max of only 10 people? Heather told me it was because of staffing.....:confused: ? I mean, it's not like they're going to treat us to an eight course meal at a 5 star restuarant. I bet you a dollar all she's going to do is walk, talk, and point.

Bamboo, if you want to bring your parents then I say bring 'em, no matter what they tell you.

for those who have been accepted, did you guys receive anything about immunizations (what types of shots we need before marticulation)?...or have any clue if and when we will be receiving it?

I don't understand either. Why the max of only 10 people? Heather told me it was because of staffing.....:confused: ? I mean, it's not like they're going to treat us to an eight course meal at a 5 star restuarant. I bet you a dollar all she's going to do is walk, talk, and point.

Bamboo, if you want to bring your parents then I say bring 'em, no matter what they tell you.

Lol i know right, i wish they would treat us to an eight course meal at a 5 star restaurant but i'm just dreaming, lmao.
I'm going to come with my dad, there is no way i'm driving to bradenton by myself. i'll call them tomorrow and hopefully i'll be at the march 19th tour.

I would like to get the tour as well and have my husband come with me. I wonder what makes the tour so special that you can't have other people with you?! What's the number to call btw? I couldn't find a FL number on the website. Do we call Erie and schedule it through there? Thanks everyone. :)

I would like to get the tour as well and have my husband come with me. I wonder what makes the tour so special that you can't have other people with you?! What's the number to call btw? I couldn't find a FL number on the website. Do we call Erie and schedule it through there? Thanks everyone. :)

The number to call is 941-756-0690 and he said to ask for Heather.

Thanks bamboo.

Just out of curiosity, where is everybody from? I'll start, I'm in St. Pete (probably only an hour or so from Bradenton).

I'm from Tampa, about an hour away from Bradenton.

i'm from Jacksonville. So far all they wanted was my college trancript by september and a release form sign for financial aid reward.

I am from California

What part of California? I lived in San Francisco for 13 years before moving here. You're gonna love being a Floridian!! :)

i'm from Jacksonville. So far all they wanted was my college trancript by september and a release form sign for financial aid reward.

Hey, I got into LECOM-B in January. I am from Jacksonville, too! Maybe I will see you in August!

I'm from orlando too! Hey, have any of you guys started to look into housing?

I'm from orlando too! Hey, have any of you guys started to look into housing?
I'm attending the March 12th tour and will be looking for housing on that day. Anyone else attending this tour date?

Congrats to all of those that got in!

If you don't mind can some of you post your stats.. I'm still waiting to hear back from bradenton.

My stats should be enough to give anyone hope...lol

GPA: 3.3 overall
PCAT: 33 (I know, it's really bad)
Experience: 2+ years in retail, mail-order, and long-term care pharmacies

When the dean called, he mentioned that he was very impressed with my community involvement (volunteering at a nursing home). Hope this helps!! :)

I'm from Michigan...so it'll definitely be nice moving to sunny Florida.

I just scheduled my tour for March 19 with Heather. And I asked if I could bring someone and she said it was fine. :)

Lisa....your PCAT???..shreeek. But who cares, you're in right:) ! I'll see you the 19th!

My stats: GPA 3.5/ PCAT 90

The average GPA for those accepted so far is 3.5.
As a general rule, the farther you are away from a 3.0, the better your chances are. Don't be discouraged if you're below the average, remember what an average is!!!

I had my phone interview on 3/8 and I still haven't heard anything yet...The wait is driving me crazy!! I was wondering if anyone who interviewed on that date has heard yet and if anyone is still waiting to hear???:confused:

And does anyone know how many people were interviewed already?? Thanks