LECOM class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdLilI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to LECOM for the class of 2014?:)? Did anyone take the PCAT yet? I'm having trouble calculating my %.
Anyone can help w/that?
Here are the scores.(I know I sucked :thumbdown:a bit but this was my first time and I just wanted to see how it goes..Will retake it again LOL..)

Verbal 372 10
Bio 384 20
Readn 352 3
Quan 370 5
Chem 379 15
Comp 372 4

Wrtng score 3.0 Mean 2.84
Probl Solv 3.0 Mean 2.87

peace:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really know how to start this off. I'll just go into what I want to say. This isn't good. This isn't close to good. I don't want to be an ass or anything but when you say you sucked a bit thats quite off the mark.

You see the Comp score? Thats your composite score or how you did on the whole test. The second number, the 4, thats your percentile. That means that you did better than 4 percent of all the people who took that June PCAT. That means 96% of everyone who took the PCAT in June did better than you.

Many schools have a minimum PCAT percentile score of 50. I don't know if LECOM does or not but you're going to need to do better. However, the problem with is Pearson will automatically cancel your score if you jump more than 50 points in your percentile. So even if you can bring up your score you are going to have to fight with Pearson on whether your score is valid or not.

Not only that but it seems that you want to apply this year. That means you have the October PCAT and maybe the January PCAT to improve your scores. Thats only a few months to learn a lot of material that you obviously don't know. Again it might seem that I'm being mean but you need to wake up.

DON'T apply this year. I'm pretty sure that you would not be able to get your score over 20 if you tried this October. There's obviously some basic information that you don't know yet. You need to improve in every subject and I'm not even sure you could learn it all by next year. But applying this year would be a waste of money. You need to shape up and, I don't say this to many people, rethink what you are going to do with your life because pharmacy may not be for you.

Edit: found this thread so you can analyze your score yourself
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=427578

Edit 2: looked up LECOM's statistics. they don't have a minimum PCAT requirement but the average composite score for last years accepted students was 73. You have a 4.
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoollecom_bpage.htm
I'll say it one more time, sorry for being an ass but I think you need to hear it.

Last edited:
Anyone applying to LECOM for the class of 2014?:)? Did anyone take the PCAT yet? I'm having trouble calculating my %.
Anyone can help w/that?
Here are the scores.(I know I sucked :thumbdown:a bit but this was my first time and I just wanted to see how it goes..Will retake it again LOL..)

Verbal 372 10
Bio 384 20
Readn 352 3
Quan 370 5
Chem 379 15
Comp 372 4

Wrtng score 3.0 Mean 2.84
Probl Solv 3.0 Mean 2.87

peace:luck:
Did you take all the science and math classes you needed before taking the PCAT? I'm going to personally wait until the end to take the PCAT...there is a lot of info on that test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really know how to start this off. I'll just go into what I want to say. This isn't good. This isn't close to good. I don't want to be an ass or anything but when you say you sucked a bit thats quite off the mark.

You see the Comp score? Thats your composite score or how you did on the whole test. The second number, the 4, thats your percentile. That means that you did better than 4 percent of all the people who took that June PCAT. That means 96% of everyone who took the PCAT in June did better than you.

Many schools have a minimum PCAT percentile score of 50. I don't know if LECOM does or not but you're going to need to do better. However, the problem with is Pearson will automatically cancel your score if you jump more than 50 points in your percentile. So even if you can bring up your score you are going to have to fight with Pearson on whether your score is valid or not.

Not only that but it seems that you want to apply this year. That means you have the October PCAT and maybe the January PCAT to improve your scores. Thats only a few months to learn a lot of material that you obviously don't know. Again it might seem that I'm being mean but you need to wake up.

DON'T apply this year. I'm pretty sure that you would not be able to get your score over 20 if you tried this October. There's obviously some basic information that you don't know yet. You need to improve in every subject and I'm not even sure you could learn it all by next year. But applying this year would be a waste of money. You need to shape up and, I don't say this to many people, rethink what you are going to do with your life because pharmacy may not be for you.

Edit: found this thread so you can analyze your score yourself
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=427578

Edit 2: looked up LECOM's statistics. they don't have a minimum PCAT requirement but the average composite score for last years accepted students was 73. You have a 4.
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoollecom_bpage.htm
I'll say it one more time, sorry for being an ass but I think you need to hear it.
Maybe they didn't take all the classes they needed to in order to be prepared for it. Thats just my guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they didn't take all the classes they needed to in order to be prepared for it. Thats just my guess.

That would make sense if they weren't applying this year. The topic says class of 2014. Judging by the scores it would seem that the OP needs to take bio 1&2, gen chem 1&2, organic 1&2, probably calculus, and could brush up on some vocabulary all in this semester and next.

That would make sense if they weren't applying this year. The topic says class of 2014. Judging by the scores it would seem that the OP needs to take bio 1&2, gen chem 1&2, organic 1&2, probably calculus, and could brush up on some vocabulary all in this semester and next.
Thats the reason I won't take the PCAT right now. When I take my PCAT, I will have completed: Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, Calculus. I will be half way through Orgo 1 when I take my PCAT. Is that Okay?

Thats the reason I won't take the PCAT right now. When I take my PCAT, I will have completed: Bio 1 & 2, Chem 1 & 2, Calculus. I will be half way through Orgo 1 when I take my PCAT. Is that Okay?

yeah, should be fine as long as you know your stuff. There might be some orgo you might not know, but I don't think it will hinder you much.

My opinion is that the OP has probably taken these classes, but if the material doesn't stick, it doesn't matter. Do some practice PCATs and get used to the type of questions asked and the time at which you have to complete it.

Hello class of 2014!
I am a class of 2011 medical student at LECOM and know how it feels to have to look for a place in Erie. We rented for two years then realized we may have been better off buying because we will get something out of our time spent here, so we decided to buy a home. If anybody is looking to purchase a home to stay in for your four years, or longer, my wife is a realtor for Howard Hanna and she would love to help you find a spot near LECOM and perfect for your situation, whatever it may be. Her information is below and feel free to call her at anytime if you have any questions or would like to start searching.

Nicole Phinney
Office:814-833-1000
Cell:814-823-7025 She will be easiest to reach on her cell at anytime throughout the day
email: [email protected]