LECOM Clinical Ed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milliary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the clinical Ed dept at LECOM? I just had a horrific experience and was wondering if anyone had any previous dealings with them. I used to think that all those people on SDN that bashed LECOM were ridiculous, but somehow I have a feeling that clinical ed was at the root of the matter in most of those cases. uuugghhhh:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any experience with the clinical Ed dept at LECOM? I just had a horrific experience and was wondering if anyone had any previous dealings with them. I used to think that all those people on SDN that bashed LECOM were ridiculous, but somehow I have a feeling that clinical ed was at the root of the matter in most of those cases. uuugghhhh:mad:

No...but as a future LECOM-er, you have my attention...

What happened?

Members don't see this ad :)
The short and nice version is that Clinical Ed does not seem interested in helping students with their "clinical education." I was under the impression that this was the role of a clinical education department, no? Not only are they not helpful, but they are downright rude. I have experienced this first hand, and so have several of my very reliable classmates.

Yes, there is a lot of bashing of LECOM on this site. At first I ignored it, I was exited about coming to LECOM. In truth, most of the time I haven't really had any problems. Yes, there are a lot of dumb rules, but you know that coming in. However, I am finding that the Clinical Ed dept is completely tainiting my experience. Several rotations that were set up through the school have been cancelled and many people are now left scrambling to find sites. I've heard this is not uncommon, but I would think that Clin Ed would at least try to help students with this, especially because it was at least partly, if not entirely their fault. It's very frustrating, not only to get no help, then have no one else to seek guidance on this matter, and on top of that they make you feel like an idiot and treat you like dirt. This was just my experience, so take it for what it's worth.

I'm not going to say much because I don't want "big brother" tracking me down, but I couldn't AGREE MORE... They (mainly the person in charge) honestly couldn't be less inviting to students... period...

I'm not going to say much because I don't want "big brother" tracking me down, but I couldn't AGREE MORE... They (mainly the person in charge) honestly couldn't be less inviting to students... period...

Are you guys talking about Erie?

No kidding, man. I'm sure this will find its way onto my "Dean's Letter" some way or another.

Yes, this is Erie.

No kidding, man. I'm sure this will find its way onto my "Dean's Letter" some way or another.

Yes, this is Erie.

Even if it does end up in your Dean's letter you won't know it because you are not allowed to even read it....can't say I miss that place.

Even if it does end up in your Dean's letter you won't know it because you are not allowed to even read it....can't say I miss that place.

Dude, how's Rochester and Mayos program treating you?

Anyone who has ever tried to deal with Dr. "No" knows what you are going through. The clinical ed department doesn't do anything for you. (I can say this now that I am beyond the long arm of Ferretti justice.) They actually lost grades that attendings sent in and made me go back and re-request them from the attending. My best advice...Just do what others have done before you and get through it. Graduation is worth it.

I just had to reschedule all of my 3rd year because LECOM keeps dropping affiliates, or the affiliates drop LECOM. The administrative assistants there are very "difficult" to work with to say the least, which is why I think most people have issues with the LECOM clinical Ed.

I know some students have arranged their own rotations based on where they want to be... how difficult is this to actually do? It just seems like ALOT of planning. Do you get any direction from faculty/staff in doing this?

I just had to reschedule all of my 3rd year because LECOM keeps dropping affiliates, or the affiliates drop LECOM. The administrative assistants there are very "difficult" to work with to say the least, which is why I think most people have issues with the LECOM clinical Ed.

Just shows you how different Bradenton is from Erie. When the place myself and my two roommates had selected for third year rotations was dropped, the clinical ed department found us another hospital nearby where we could do all of our cores together-- no work on our part. They were also very apologetic about it. I've had nothing but a great experience from them so far.

Just shows you how different Bradenton is from Erie. When the place myself and my two roommates had selected for third year rotations was dropped, the clinical ed department found us another hospital nearby where we could do all of our cores together-- no work on our part. They were also very apologetic about it. I've had nothing but a great experience from them so far.

Reason #2 I cancelled my Erie interview after being accepted in Bradenton.

#1 was COLD.
#3 was to save money on interview expenses!