inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
I've spoken with a few of the folks I interviewed with at LECOM about two weeks ago, and everyone has yet to hear anything back from LECOM. Does anyone know of an average time for a response? thanks J
 

trypto82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
143
1
Status
When I interviewed they told us that we would hear in 3-4 weeks. I heard right around the 4th week. Do not know if their time frame jas changed or not. I would call them to see what time frame you should expect from them... Good luck just the same :thumbup:
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
trypto82 said:
When I interviewed they told us that we would hear in 3-4 weeks. I heard right around the 4th week. Do not know if their time frame jas changed or not. I would call them to see what time frame you should expect from them... Good luck just the same :thumbup:
Thanks! I'll drop a line tomorrow!
 

mrm1682

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2004
115
0
NJ
Status
i interviewed on dec 2nd and had my acceptance on dec 18th. they told us the same thing in the interview....3-4 weeks. good luck!
 

aphasia

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
79
0
S L T, CA
Status
Well, I sent them an email and got a reply a couple days ago saying that the adcom met, my file was indeed complete and that a letter is going out to me very soon. So, I think that we should all be getting something in the mail w/in a few days..
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
aphasia said:
Well, I sent them an email and got a reply a couple days ago saying that the adcom met, my file was indeed complete and that a letter is going out to me very soon. So, I think that we should all be getting something in the mail w/in a few days..[/QUOTE

Thanks, I hope we are in!!!
 

aphasia

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
79
0
S L T, CA
Status
Congrats.

It's good to know where I stand. I'm assuming you got in but are not going judging from the signature. I am going to send my deposit in to TUCOM, I think.
I wonder if the letter not getting here has to do w/the fact that I wanted ISP (Dr. Andrews having to review the file after the adcom) or the fact that I'm in California.
 

Biodork111

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2005
46
0
36
Montgomery, NY
Status
I apologize...after I posted it dawned on me how pompous my reply sounded!

I got accepted to the PBL, although on interview day I did check of ISP as my preferred pathway. I am declining my acceptance.
 

aphasia

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
79
0
S L T, CA
Status
OH, no! I didn't mean for my reply to sound that way, either. I was glad you told me, so I knew they sent out letters...and rejection or acceptance, I would be getting one soon..heh..

Sheesh, it's so hard to convey what you mean accurately in type.
:)
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
Biodork111 said:
I interviewed on 1/24 and heard back last week sometime...
Ok...You interviewed on 1/24 and you already heard back, I'm a bit nervous now!!!!
 

Biodork111

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2005
46
0
36
Montgomery, NY
Status
Relax...the day I interviewed was a Monday, and they told us that the committee meets every Wednesday so we could expect an answer within a week. They also said, that the person that runs the committee was going on vacation, and that if he/she didn't get to all of our files that Wednesday, it would be 2 weeks before the committee was going to meet again. You very well may have fallen into the "I'll get to that after I get back" folder...give it a little more time, and if you still hear nothing, give them a call.
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
Biodork111 said:
Relax...the day I interviewed was a Monday, and they told us that the committee meets every Wednesday so we could expect an answer within a week. They also said, that the person that runs the committee was going on vacation, and that if he/she didn't get to all of our files that Wednesday, it would be 2 weeks before the committee was going to meet again. You very well may have fallen into the "I'll get to that after I get back" folder...give it a little more time, and if you still hear nothing, give them a call.

Thanks! I appreciate your caring. I just called LECOM today. I was redirected to a voice mail. Interestingly, I received a letter for one more interview from another school! It just put my mind at ease. LECOM is my first choice, but it is nice to know there is a possible second chance....
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
For anyone interested, I spoke with the admin director at LECOM today and was informed all decission letters are in the process of being mailed....if this is any consulation......
 
OP
I

inhope

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
56
0
Status
dpw68 said:
cool. You gotta another interview and awaiting a LECOM letter :thumbup:
LECOM and this other school are my top choices. When it comes down to it, I just need one acceptance letter. :) This is definately a bitter sweet process! :laugh: