LECOM Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gargantaun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can an 18 AA, 19 TS, and 19 PAT with a 3.29 gpa in masters can get you into LECOM dental school????? Need feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Impossible to say.

Your stats are average. Apply broadly and you have a chance.

Impossible to say.

Your stats are average. Apply broadly and you have a chance.
Even with a 3.29 gpa in my masters and undergrad gpa below a 3.0 along with my DAT stats above, do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. below a 3.0 looks pretty rough. A 3.29 in a masters is really low too. Get it up and get a higher dat to have a real shot

No. below a 3.0 looks pretty rough. A 3.29 in a masters is really low too. Get it up and get a higher dat to have a real shot
I contacted Annette Shivey LECOM admissions and she said that a 3.29 gpa in masters could be competitive depending on everything else.

Average gpa for lecom in 2015 was 3.31, science was 3.29. Average DAT was a 19.1. These are just averages, take it for what it is. I was invited for an interview and might end up going there, I have a 3.51 and a 21DAT. From what I understand they are big on group/teamwork, so EC's might play a big role.

Average gpa for lecom in 2015 was 3.31, science was 3.29. Average DAT was a 19.1. These are just averages, take it for what it is. I was invited for an interview and might end up going there, I have a 3.51 and a 21DAT. From what I understand they are big on group/teamwork, so EC's might play a big role.
So I would like to know if a 3.29 gpa is competitive in a masters program for LECOM dental school admissions along with a undergrad gpa below a 3.o?

Competitive? No, but you have a chance to land an interview depending on the rest of your application. 3,500 people applied last year with only 100 seats.

I contacted Annette Shivey LECOM admissions and she said that a 3.29 gpa in masters could be competitive depending on everything else.
So if you had your answer, why ask us on here?

Just be realistic with yourself. You know the answer. Annette seems to have given it to you as well. You "could be" competitive with a 3.29 gpa in masters depending on everything else. When everything else means you had below a 3.0 gpa and an 18AA, you are very far from competitive. The average matriculating masters gpa was a 3.62 last year at LECOM. Adcoms see a sub 3.0 undergrad gpa as a MAJOR red flag and want to see big improvement. A 3.29 masters is poor in most of their eyes. I am not trying to be harsh, but I am trying to "keep it real" with you so you do not waste money.

Last edited:
So if you had your answer, why ask us on here.

Just be realistic with yourself. You know the answer. Annette seems to have given it to you as well. You "could be" competitive with a 3.29 gpa in masters depending on everything else. When everything else means you had below a 3.0 gpa and an 18AA, you are very far from competitive. The average matriculating masters gpa was a 3.62 last year at LECOM. Adcoms see a sub 3.0 undergrad gpa as a MAJOR red flag and want to see big improvement. A 3.29 masters is poor in most of their eyes. I am not trying to be harsh, but I am trying to "keep it real" with you so you do not waste money.

I agree. A Masters GPA should be AT LEAST a 3.5. I have a 3.9 in my MS and I have applied to LECOM multiple times. Best of luck to you, but I would consider a second Masters or PhD. I know that's not what you want to hear because it certainly wasn't what I wanted to hear when one adcom told me to go for a PhD and reapply, but with a low Masters GPA, I think you have to do one or the other.

Edit: The adcom told me I didn't have to finish the PhD but that it would make me super competitive in the eyes of the admission. I take that with a grain of salt because tons of people do much less to get in with 18AA or less. No one has the answer for you and remember these are all opinions based on collective experiences--which are varied and gradient.