LECOM-E MMS Class of 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSP311800

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, figured it’s about time to start a thread on this upcoming Erie MMS starting on August 1st 2022. I was accepted back in December; if anyone else is accepted or will be applying/has applied, please feel free to give a shout out!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the party! I'm a current MMS student that have been answering question in a previous forum. So if you have any questions about the program feel free to ask!

how are the exams in the program? I heard they are a combination of a bunch of classes is that still true for this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
how are the exams in the program? I heard they are a combination of a bunch of classes is that still true for this year?

yeah it's still the same. I don't know if they will changed it for your class though. It's not that bad tbh. They used to put it all on one test, which was nice cause some courses are easier than other and you can use the extra time to go back to the questions you were iffy on. They changed it now, so each section of the exam has its own timer. You take it all on the same day. Also you get roughly 1.2mins-ish per questions.

for example if you had biology, biochem, and physiology test that day. You log into this exam program, they give you password for the first biology exam, after you submit your biology exam, they give you the password for the biochem exam, then after you're done they give you the physiology exam. We used to have it all in one exam which I preferred more. But this isn't bad either.

Sorry to keep asking you questions but how often are exams? Do you have classes all day?

Sorry to keep asking you questions but how often are exams? Do you have classes all day?
np I don't mind answering them.

Classes are usually about 4-5 hours a day M-F. But there are also classes that have self learning involved. Like they'll give you a power point and you have to learn it for yourself. Sometimes, not all classes have that.

you'll have 4 days to study with no classes before each exam (this includes weekends). finals you'll get like 5-7 days.

most of the time exam comes after 2 weeks of material. sometimes just 1 week worth of materials near the midterm.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you it sounds like if you are studying daily it shouldn't be a problem to stay on top of things for exams

Thank you again @TTran0630, you are truly an awesome soul. On a different note, did anyone receive anything regarding immunizations/titers? Do we need them for this program?

Reactions: 1 user
@TTran0630 do you think you can post the link to the new facebook group in your guy's facebook as well just in case someone reaches out to current students.

Does anyone have experience getting accepted into med school using the Academic Score Index only without an MACT score on the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have experience getting accepted into med school using the Academic Score Index only without an MACT score on the application?
I don't think they have a preference on MCAT or AIS (or they claim that they don't as long as you meet all requirements) but be careful relying on your AIS because it utilizes your cumulative GPA. That includes grades from the program. If you don't do so hot on some classes and it drops your AIS, you might end up having to take take the MCAT. And you better hope you still have time to take it cause the latest scores they accept are from tests in January (right before spring semester) I believe. That means no mistakes in the spring semester.

I don't think they have a preference on MCAT or AIS (or they claim that they don't as long as you meet all requirements) but be careful relying on your AIS because it utilizes your cumulative GPA. That includes grades from the program. If you don't do so hot on some classes and it drops your AIS, you might end up having to take take the MCAT. And you better hope you still have time to take it cause the latest scores they accept are from tests in January (right before spring semester) I believe. That means no mistakes in the spring semester.
This is not the impression i got. The grades you get in the program dont get counted for the ais. They will tell you if you qualify with AIS in the beginning of the program.

This is not the impression i got. The grades you get in the program dont get counted for the ais. They will tell you if you qualify with AIS in the beginning of the program.
I emailed Mr. Murphy asking if LECOM’s GPA will be calculated into the AIS, and his response was that all grades taken after high school will be used to calculate a cumulative GPA for the AIS. If that’s a yes or no, I’m not sure. The MMS program consists of classes taken after high school so not sure how to interpret that. I would definitely clarify with Mr. Murphy then.

Last edited:
MMS (2021) to DO (2025). Happy to help.

Best of luck to you all. 💪

MMS (2021) to DO (2025). Happy to help.

Best of luck to you all. 💪
Hi. Congrats! If you get your acceptance in December, is the acceptance contingent upon reaching a certain GPA in the spring semester? If so, what is the GPA requirement in the spring, and are both semesters doable? Also, what was your general experience in the program? any information would help, please. I am just confused about which master's to attend.

Hi. Congrats! If you get your acceptance in December, is the acceptance contingent upon reaching a certain GPA in the spring semester? If so, what is the GPA requirement in the spring, and are both semesters doable? Also, what was your general experience in the program? any information would help, please. I am just confused about which master's to attend.

Interviews take place in December/January. They wait until fall semester grades come out to offer interviews.

In my class, only a handful of students who had a 3.9 GPA or higher received their offers in February or March. The rest of the class received their offers in May, after final GPA has come out.

Those with nearly perfect GPA who did receive offers in February or March (only maybe 3-4 students total) did have contingent offers that specified they had to end the year with the benchmark GPA.

For my class, the benchmark was a 3.3 GPA. But by the end of the year they were already starting to change our offer letters to specify that we needed a 3.5, as they were gearing up to increase the benchmark for the following year. So I’m not exactly sure what the benchmark is currently or what it will be for the incoming class. But if someone has already received their admission letter to the masters program, it should say the GPA requirement in there.

Also, keep in mind that admission is in no way guaranteed. Meeting the benchmark GPA means that you will be offered an interview to the DO program, and while that means that it’s very likely to receive a subsequent admission offer, there’s still a possibility that some students won’t. Just some disclaimers to consider if you are trying to find a program with a strong linkage.

Remember that historically, only 50 to 55% of students will even meet the benchmark. My class started with about 170 students and by spring we came back with only around 90; then we lost even more who dropped during spring; and of all those who received the MMS degree, not everyone was offered DO admission. (Failing a course makes you ineligible for the DO program but you can remediate with an exam in order to still receive a degree–which happened to several students.)

Interviews take place in December/January. They wait until fall semester grades come out to offer interviews.

In my class, only a handful of students who had a 3.9 GPA or higher received their offers in February or March. The rest of the class received their offers in May, after final GPA has come out.

Those with nearly perfect GPA who did receive offers in February or March (only maybe 3-4 students total) did have contingent offers that specified they had to end the year with the benchmark GPA.

For my class, the benchmark was a 3.3 GPA. But by the end of the year they were already starting to change our offer letters to specify that we needed a 3.5, as they were gearing up to increase the benchmark for the following year. So I’m not exactly sure what the benchmark is currently or what it will be for the incoming class. But if someone has already received their admission letter to the masters program, it should say the GPA requirement in there.

Also, keep in mind that admission is in no way guaranteed. Meeting the benchmark GPA means that you will be offered an interview to the DO program, and while that means that it’s very likely to receive a subsequent admission offer, there’s still a possibility that some students won’t. Just some disclaimers to consider if you are trying to find a program with a strong linkage.

Remember that historically, only 50 to 55% of students will even meet the benchmark. My class started with about 170 students and by spring we came back with only around 90; then we lost even more who dropped during spring; and of all those who received the MMS degree, not everyone was offered DO admission. (Failing a course makes you ineligible for the DO program but you can remediate with an exam in order to still receive a degree–which happened to several students.)
Hi. Were the exams, in general, difficult? or was it the amount of material that they threw at you that made the exams difficult?

Hi. Were the exams, in general, difficult? or was it the amount of material that they threw at you that made the exams difficult?
Our exams were definitely tough and long. I can't speak too much on exams because I understand that they have drastically revamped how they are administering exams and blocking courses this year so I think it looks nothing like it did the previous year when I was in the program.

Hi! Received my acceptance a month ago! Has anyone done the financial aid and signed the papers yet?

i did my financial aid earlier this month, but haven’t heard back. Wonder how long they usually take?

I would shoot financial aid an email to make sure. Mine isn't back either lol

Just a little background:

My class didn’t receive financial aid offers until a couple of weeks before the start of the school year, so probably best to sit tight

They work on the professional programs’ awards first and then work down to the MMS aid.

Hi everyone! For those of you that have been accepted into the program, would you feel comfortable sharing your stats such as GPA/MCAT score? I am waiting for my MCAT scores to apply but would like a realistic expectation.
Thanks in advance! Hopefully I’ll see you guys in the fall!

I was just placed on the alternate list at LECOM-E, and want to do the MMS in the event that I am not pulled from the WL. Reading the previous year MMS thread, it looks like I could save some time/money on the MMS application since they already have my letters/materials through aacomas. Does anyone have any insight how to go about this from experience, and/or should I just contact Jamie Murphy for clear instructions? I’d really love to not have to bother my letter writers again if LECOM is able to simplify the process.

Thank you in advance!

I was just placed on the alternate list at LECOM-E, and want to do the MMS in the event that I am not pulled from the WL. Reading the previous year MMS thread, it looks like I could save some time/money on the MMS application since they already have my letters/materials through aacomas. Does anyone have any insight how to go about this from experience, and/or should I just contact Jamie Murphy for clear instructions? I’d really love to not have to bother my letter writers again if LECOM is able to simplify the process.

Thank you in advance!

They have (in the past) streamlined the process using your AACOMAS application, but I believe you still need to contact Jamie Murphy anyhow so I’d just shoot him an email expressing your interest and request proper steps for applying to the MMS program while maintaining candidacy for the DO program through this cycle.

Thank you in advance!

Also… just mentioning that alternate list (not the same as waitlist) is a good place to be since they do offer seats to alternates through the first several weeks of the DO program for the handful of inevitable withdrawals in the class.

I, personally, knew 5 students who began this year on the alternate list and all eventually matriculated to the 2025 DO class with me by the end of the 2nd week of classes. So there’s a lot of hope as an alternate.

They have (in the past) streamlined the process using your AACOMAS application, but I believe you still need to contact Jamie Murphy anyhow so I’d just shoot him an email expressing your interest and request proper steps for applying to the MMS program while maintaining candidacy for the DO program through this cycle.
Thank you for the info/confirming this, you were very helpful. Also, thanks for the healthy dose of hope being on the alternate list.

I’m not worried about anything in particular, but of of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a drug test required for the MMS after acceptance or before classes start?

Few questions on the application as I’m working on it:

1. Are we required to input our act/sat scores? It’s been over a decade and I have no idea what I got on either test, nor how to log in to access them. Even if I took them, would it be inappropriate to just select “no”? I have an MCAT score.

2. For sending my resume, is the email for the Office of Admissions just [email protected], or is there a separate admissions email for the MMS program?

3. For the essay, can I just input my AACOMAS personal statement, or should I write a specific essay separately to address the MMS program?

I’m not worried about anything in particular, but of of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a drug test required for the MMS after acceptance or before classes start?

There is. They do the same background check, drug screen, driving record, and physical (with immunization history) that they do for the professional programs.

So also don’t be surprised when you get to do it all again between MMS and DO/Pharm/Dental next year.

Few questions on the application as I’m working on it:

1. Are we required to input our act/sat scores? It’s been over a decade and I have no idea what I got on either test, nor how to log in to access them. Even if I took them, would it be inappropriate to just select “no”? I have an MCAT score.

2. For sending my resume, is the email for the Office of Admissions just [email protected], or is there a separate admissions email for the MMS program?

3. For the essay, can I just input my AACOMAS personal statement, or should I write a specific essay separately to address the MMS program?

1. If you’re using your MCAT instead of the AIS, I wouldn’t worry about it. I would either leave blank or write in “n/a”. Worse thing they do is come back and request that you add them and can tackle it at that point.

2. Erie MMS admissions email is [email protected]

3. Yes. I copied and pasted my AACOMAS personal statement with no changes. They know that the MMS program is not the ultimate educational goal, but a stepping stone to other professional programs.

Did anyone here apply with a low GPA? I am looking for a program that will help boost my application for medical school (or possibly a different professional healthcare program) and my GPA is low, even lower than the minimum GPA stated for the program on the website. I completed all of the prerequisites at a separate school with a much higher GPA (still just average, though).
Also, are we able to apply if an MCAT score is still pending? I will not get my score back until the beginning of July, but past July 1st.
Thanks!

My MCAT is 495, current undergraduate GPA is 4.47, SAT 550 (reading) and 750 (math). If I can get over 3.5 GPA in MMS, how likely I can be selected to DO program?or I have to re-take MCAT no matter what GPA I get since it is too low? Please help.

My MCAT is 495, current undergraduate GPA is 4.47, SAT 550 (reading) and 750 (math). If I can get over 3.5 GPA in MMS, how likely I can be selected to DO program?or I have to re-take MCAT no matter what GPA I get since it is too low? Please help.

Use their AIS calculator to find out if you’re eligible with your SAT scores + GPA.

With those scores it looks like you need at least a 2.93 (on a 4.0 scale) undergrad GPA to be eligible. Otherwise, you will need to retake the MCAT and score above the minimum (either 497 or 498, I believe).

You have to be eligible for the DO program by one of those standards.

AFTER that, they will only look at your MMS GPA for consideration to be admitted to the DO program the following year.

1. If you’re using your MCAT instead of the AIS, I wouldn’t worry about it. I would either leave blank or write in “n/a”. Worse thing they do is come back and request that you add them and can tackle it at that point.

2. Erie MMS admissions email is [email protected]

3. Yes. I copied and pasted my AACOMAS personal statement with no changes. They know that the MMS program is not the ultimate educational goal, but a stepping stone to other professional programs.
Awesome, super helpful as usual. Thank you very much!

Does anyone have the academic calendar for the program? I saw online they have an old one, or ones for the Bradenton campus, but I haven’t seen one for the Erie MMS program.

Does anyone have the academic calendar for the program? I saw online they have an old one, or ones for the Bradenton campus, but I haven’t seen one for the Erie MMS program.

In the past they haven’t come out until maybe a week before classes start.

Oh okay thank you! that’s pretty late I’m shocked

Yeah…

Expect financial aid awards 1-2 weeks before start and the calendars a few days to 1 week before start of each semester.

Yeah…

Expect financial aid awards 1-2 weeks before start and the calendars a few days to 1 week before start of each semester.
I’m sorry to bother so much but do you remember what a typical school week was like? Like was it Monday-Friday 8-5?

I’m sorry to bother so much but do you remember what a typical school week was like? Like was it Monday-Friday 8-5?

No problem.

Keep in mind that I was in MMS 2020-21 so I’m about a year removed, in case things have changed.

Most often, we had lectures Monday-Friday, 2-6 pm (EST) with some other occasional meetings in addition to lecture times.

Anything outside of that, is much needed study time.

No problem.

Keep in mind that I was in MMS 2020-21 so I’m about a year removed, in case things have changed.

Most often, we had lectures Monday-Friday, 2-6 pm (EST) with some other occasional meetings in addition to lecture times.

Anything outside of that, is much needed study time.
Thank you so much!

Did anyone here apply with a low GPA? I am looking for a program that will help boost my application for medical school (or possibly a different professional healthcare program) and my GPA is low, even lower than the minimum GPA stated for the program on the website. I completed all of the prerequisites at a separate school with a much higher GPA (still just average, though).
Also, are we able to apply if an MCAT score is still pending? I will not get my score back until the beginning of July, but past July 1st.
Thanks!
Anyone here have any advice about this? I'm waiting for a program to respond elsewhere, but I am trying to make a plan in case the other program does not work out. I know I have the ability to do better than I have and am looking for a program that will allow me the chance to prove my academic ability.
Is it possible to apply to this program if I take the MCAT in June and receive the score after the July application deadline?
Are there any stories with successful admission to this program with a low GPA?
Thank you.

Anyone here have any advice about this? I'm waiting for a program to respond elsewhere, but I am trying to make a plan in case the other program does not work out. I know I have the ability to do better than I have and am looking for a program that will allow me the chance to prove my academic ability.
Is it possible to apply to this program if I take the MCAT in June and receive the score after the July application deadline?
Are there any stories with successful admission to this program with a low GPA?
Thank you.

If your GPA is below the published minimum, they will not consider your application no matter what.

Hey guys, quick question do they accept lors through interfolio and transcripts via parchment? If so, which email should I send it to? Thanks and much appreciated!