LECOM - Erie, Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've just been accepted to LECOM (interviewed last week) and I'm still a bit indecisive. I'm waiting to hear from one more school and have been waitlisted for two more though I'm not really holding on breathe since their waitlists don't move.

I'm encouraged by LECOM's NAPLEX passing rates but at the same time, the rules inside the building were unexpectedly strict and the 3 year program doesn't seem to leave alot of time for exploration. Anyone else indecisive?

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need bio 2, i was in the same position you are in, they said A&P or micro would be ok, but if you still feel worried just ask them! One last thing your portal will show you what you are missing!

Hmmm, already interviewed on 04/07, was only for 10 minutes tho and I couldn't tell them all I had prepared cause It was a liittle different from what I expected (more of informal conversation), different questions from their interview feedback lists, my prev school interview seemed pretty smooth, they put me on waitlist tho, I can't wait to hear from LECOM, I am impressed in many factors of the school tho, except its location, a week is not far to wait

---------------
UMES = waitlisted :annoyed:
LECOM = interviewed on 04/07 :xf:

Last edited:
Hi all.............Just received my acceptance letter from LECOM:D:D:D
I would say that I was impressed by the school and had a chance to talk to P2 students and they said everything is smooth and their pharmacy program is wonderful........All I can say is that the response from students and faculty was great and ......I would definately join this school:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys How abt if we start a Facebook page for all of us who will attend LECOM Erie Class of 13.......so that we can interact and get to know each other before meeting in the school.....:):):thumbup::thumbup:

LECOM (ERIE) S O P
CLASS OF 13
:love::love::love:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey guys How abt if we start a Facebook page for all of us who will attend LECOM Erie Class of 13.......so that we can interact and get to know each other before meeting in the school.....:):):thumbup::thumbup:

LECOM (ERIE) S O P
CLASS OF 13
:love::love::love:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah go ahead, I'll join

there already is one~ One that is just for the whole 2013 (pharm & do) and one specifically for pharm~

Hi all any P1 or P2 students of LECOM there want to share their experiences....Tnx

Hey fellow SDNer's

I'm a female who currently lives in Erie PA with 2 other gurls in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. I'm moving back to my hometown for pharmacy school therefore my roomates are looking for another female roomate. The house is 7-10 min driving distance from LECOM, $475 utillities, cable, internet All include! Neighboorhood is nice and one of my roomates is a nursing student & the other is a former graduate student & are super friendly. If interested PM me for more info

So has anyone applied to both LECOM Erie and Bradenton and was accepted into one and waitlisted at the other??? This hasn't actually happened to me yet but I am just wondering if this would do you get pulled off of the other's waitlist if you send in your deposit? Otherwise, what happened?

Thanks in advance!

So has anyone applied to both LECOM Erie and Bradenton and was accepted into one and waitlisted at the other??? This hasn't actually happened to me yet but I am just wondering if this would do you get pulled off of the other's waitlist if you send in your deposit? Otherwise, what happened?

Thanks in advance!

I was accepted to both the Erie and Bradenton campus. At the interview, they told us that no can put deposits down for both places. I am assuming that if you were accepted to one and waitlisted for the other, and you put your deposit down, they will scratch you from the waitlist. I could be wrong.

I am curious to know if anyone interviewed at Erie on 4/6 received the acceptance letter yet. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope I haven't yet... :xf: Were you there in the morning or afternoon?

I was there in the morning.

It seems strange to me because usually applicants received their acceptance letters after a week or two. But I have been waiting for three weeks already. I am not sure if anybody else has been accepted after the interview on 4/6 since I don't see any posting about being accepted after that. Or if anyone knows if the admission committee has a delay in their process. I am so anxious.

It seems strange to me because usually applicants received their acceptance letters after a week or two. But I have been waiting for three weeks already. I am not sure if anybody else has been accepted after the interview on 4/6 since I don't see any posting about being accepted after that. Or if anyone knows if the admission committee has a delay in their process. I am so anxious.

I was there in the morning too~ We must've been in the same group~~ I've been waiting forever too... just wish that they haven't stopped reviewing applicants yet! I've just e-mailed them, so if I get any good answers I'll let you know :)

Last edited:

Check your portal status

For Erie medical student housing with low monthly rates & no lease:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 West 6th Street & Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-868-1961

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for “Chris” and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

Inn at Presque Isle
Erie, PA 16505

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for “Chris” and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

You guys take Chihuahuas ?

Inn at Presque Isle
Erie, PA 16505

Details:

How far is this place from the college and is it open for pharmacy students ?

I was there in the morning too~ We must've been in the same group~~ I've been waiting forever too... just wish that they haven't stopped reviewing applicants yet! I've just e-mailed them, so if I get any good answers I'll let you know :)

I got accepted! Yesterday a lady from the admission office called me and told me that I got accepted and the letter is in the mail. I am so excited. Have you heard anything back from them yet?

I am starting to look for housing now. Does anyone know any apartment or home for rent that is furnished in the area? Or anyone still needs a roommate?

Inn at Presque Isle
Erie, PA 16505

Details:

How about for pharmacy students??

Is this price $400 for one person or multiple??

I got accepted! Yesterday a lady from the admission office called me and told me that I got accepted and the letter is in the mail. I am so excited. Have you heard anything back from them yet?

I am starting to look for housing now. Does anyone know any apartment or home for rent that is furnished in the area? Or anyone still needs a roommate?

I currently live 7-10 mins from LECOM Erie with two other female roomates. IK'm leaving the end of May to move back to MD and start pharmacy school there. Rent is $475 with everything included! Internet, cable, utilities etc. My roomies are nice and respectable. PM if you are interested or anyone who reads this message. Thanks.

Hey! i was accepted for the fall of 2010 and was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate or apartment?

Hey! i was accepted for the fall of 2010 and was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate or apartment?

I guess I am.......:confused: But I haven't really started looking into it.......

Does anyone know what date classes start? I can't seem to find a 2010-2011 academic calendar on their website (only the 2009-2010 one). I'm guessing it's either the 16th or the 23rd but want to know for sure. Thanks!

Does anyone know what date classes start? I can't seem to find a 2010-2011 academic calendar on their website (only the 2009-2010 one). I'm guessing it's either the 16th or the 23rd but want to know for sure. Thanks!

I am guessing the 16th, since last years calendar says the 17th.

I am guessing the 16th, since last years calendar says the 17th.

Yeah, that's what I would guess too. Perhaps I should email them and confirm that. Kind of weird it is May and we cant' find an academic calendar for 2010-2011....

Does anyone know when the Meet and Greet is? ;)

I know that LECOM Bradenton is having their on May 22~~

Anyone still looking for housing/roommate? I am trying to get a place close to LECOM, if not across the street at Laurel Springs. PM me if you are interested or have a place and looking for a roommate. See you all soon.

-Brian (25M, NJ)

I just got a call yesterday from some kind of student ambassador (as I'm sure you all did) who said they are going to send out a packet very soon with orientation, starting dates, and other relevant info. I think I remember them saying the Orientation is on August 12 and 13th and Classes start the next week. Still got so many threads to tie up - drug test, criminal background check, etc....

Hello, I have recently been accepted into the pharmacy program at LECOM. I am looking for a roommate. If you are interested, email me at [email protected] thank you. (Sarah, 21, female)

Hey Swanson626, when did u got accepted. I was on the alternate since the end of april.

Hey Swanson626, when did u got accepted. I was on the alternate since the end of april.

Well, I just got accepted last Friday (5/14) got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I was never on the alternate lists tho~ Hope that helps

Last edited:
Well, I just got accepted last Friday (5/14) got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I was never on the alternate lists tho~ Hope that helps

I just got accepted (5/13 the date on my letter), I am soooooo exited!!! I was wondering to know how long its gonna take to finish the whole process of admission, so that I can travel for vacation to Europe before the class.

---------------
UMES = waitlisted :annoyed:
LECOM Erie= interviewed on 04/07, Accepted :love:

Last edited:
hello everyone!

I was waitlisted in april. I really liked their program and the school..i was wondering if there are good chances of being pulled out of the waitlist ?! It will be appreciated if anyone knows how their process of selecting from waitlist works..there is no number or anything..so how does it really work? any inpput will be appreciated :)

Hey everyone, I got accepted! I'm trying to get through all of these LECOM forms to get everything sent back in time... meanwhile trying to figure out housing. I feel like there is a disconnect between the students I wish there was ONE universal place we could all come together and chat. Oh well, I'm a 19 year old female non-smoker, possibly looking for a roommate.... not sure if I should dare to do that or not!?:)

hello everyone!

I was waitlisted in april. I really liked their program and the school..i was wondering if there are good chances of being pulled out of the waitlist ?! It will be appreciated if anyone knows how their process of selecting from waitlist works..there is no number or anything..so how does it really work? any inpput will be appreciated :)

I think they review all the waitlisted students and decide who to accept. I could be wrong. An easy to find out is to call the school.

I currently live 7-10 mins from LECOM Erie with two other female roomates. IK'm leaving the end of May to move back to MD and start pharmacy school there. Rent is $475 with everything included! Internet, cable, utilities etc. My roomies are nice and respectable. PM if you are interested or anyone who reads this message. Thanks.

Hey LECOMChristine, when was your interview? i'm still confused how they pull you out from the alternate list. i tried to call the admission office but nobody gives you any tips beside telling you to keep on waiting.

Last edited:
Imagine.... LECOM unveiled the new tuition and fees for the class of 2013 but they've never posted the new 2010/2011 catalog on their website. I guess it's easy to make up new tuition compare to coming up with comprehensive catalog for 2010/2011

Hello,

I'm a med student down the street from LECOM. I'll have a room available in a 2-bedroom townhouse (two stories + basement.) Rent is #325 + 1/2 electric/cable. Send me a PM if you're interested!

if you decide to go to lecom.. i HIGHLYYY recommend you live across the street from LECOM. The winters are long and very snowy - and a hassle to drive in. Digging your car out of the snow takes forever and the roads aren't cleared very well. Its much easier and faster to walk across. Laurel Springs apt is mostly LECOM students.. my entire building is either medical/pharmacy students so youre rarely alone when walking across.

The apts near school usually have waiting lists, but they're in the process of constructing a bunch of new buildings. It shouldn't be too hard getting a room. I would recommend putting yourself on the list just in case. Also the rent is super cheap for what you get (compared to where i come from). Try to find a roommate and get a 2bed..it's the best deal. I have a 2bed for a total of 690 :)

And for those who want to bring a pet.. from what I know the only apartment complex in Erie that allows pets is the Landmark Squares apartment-thats what they told me anyways. I lived there for a year and all my neighbors had pets. I know I said Laurel Springs was cheap but this apt is even cheaper. I shared a 3bed for a total of $735 - so only 245/mth but it is def a very old apt..you get what you pay for.
I think its worth paying a lil more to live in a brand new, safer (only residents w/key can enter the building), much more convenient apt.

i'm a 2nd yr pharmacy student.. feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Oh crap. I came up to Erie with my mom this week thinking it would be cake to find a place but I have 2 cats which is apparently even worse than having a criminal record. I should've seen this coming. I did see the last post and the complex that does allow cats and am going to look into that one soon. I was hoping to live closer to LECOM though. What a crappy situation!

Hey everyone, I got accepted! I'm trying to get through all of these LECOM forms to get everything sent back in time... meanwhile trying to figure out housing. I feel like there is a disconnect between the students I wish there was ONE universal place we could all come together and chat. Oh well, I'm a 19 year old female non-smoker, possibly looking for a roommate.... not sure if I should dare to do that or not!?:)

Well if you decide that you want a roommate, let me know! I have been trying to look for a roommate for a long time. I'm on the waitlist for all the apartments near LECOM. I just hope I end up getting into one of them.

Hello. I am a female, 21 years old, and a non-smoker. I am possibly looking for a roommate. I think I may have found a 2 bedroom apartment that is 0.4 miles away from the school. Let me know if anyone is interested. Just email me at [email protected]. I'm calling friday, june 3 to ask for more details. I would like to sign a lease as soon as possible!

Hello does anyone know 1st year pharmd curriculum. The website has different sequence than the handout passed out at the interviews.could someone please fill me in.the student ambassadors were not sure which sequence was correct

Hello, I am trying to decide which apartments are better to live in. I know the one is brand new and the other one is little older. Can anyone fill me in please. Any feedback is appreciated

I finally recieved my acceptance letter from LECOM and now I'm trying to find an apartment near the school. All the apartments seem to be packed I'm on a few of the waiting lists. I'm trying to find a roomate. I never thought it would be this hard. If you're intrested please email me at: [email protected]

Btw, I'm 21, female & non-smoker.

hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the link to go to the facebook group of LECOM Erie class of 2013 pharmacy school...:)

Last edited: