hopefulfuturedo

hopefuldoc
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2005
71
0
36
Gunnison, CO
Status
So I recently have been accepted to LECOM-Erie into the LDP. Recently I have been wondering if I should switch to PBL. I have a Cell and Molecular Biolgoy Degree so I guess that would be considered a strong science backgroudn. I was wondering if any Erie students think I could switch at this point and what the advantages and disadvantages are of PBL and if you think it would be smart to switch. If you need any more info you can write back or PM me. Thanks for any help. :D
 

iwillbesoon

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
87
0
PA
Status
Medical Student
Go check out the Osteopathic Class Threads. There's some of this addessed in the LECOM thread...same page as where you posted the duplicate to this post. Other than that, I'm not much help since I'm not actually starting until fall.
 
About the Ads

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
655
1
42
Barnes and Noble, studying as usual.
mj1878.wordpress.com
Status
Medical Student
HOPEFULFUTUREDO AND IWILLBESOON:

It's strange; I was with both of you on two separate interviews. Cool, though. Congrats on getting into LECOM! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime out there while we're doing residency or practicing. I've been able to meet a lot of exceptional individuals out there because of this process and it's been really fun. Best of luck to both of you!
 

atrovariousg

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
236
0
Status
Switching at this point won't help much as there are many already on pbl wait list.
 

FrogE7

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
767
2
the bay
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
atrovariousg said:
Switching at this point won't help much as there are many already on pbl wait list.
So it is filled up with 40 people already! Where did you hear this?
 

wannabedoctoo

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
40
0
Status
Other Health Professions Student
FrogE7 said:
So it is filled up with 40 people already! Where did you hear this?
I have an interview coming up at Erie soon.... do you guys think it matters if I tell them I want to do PBL over LDP... will it hurt my chances of getting in? Although, I would like to do PBL, not getting into a medical school because of a type of teaching style is ridiculous! I would much rather do LDP than not be accepted to the school at all.
 

iwillbesoon

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
87
0
PA
Status
Medical Student
wannabedoctoo said:
I have an interview coming up at Erie soon.... do you guys think it matters if I tell them I want to do PBL over LDP... will it hurt my chances of getting in? Although, I would like to do PBL, not getting into a medical school because of a type of teaching style is ridiculous! I would much rather do LDP than not be accepted to the school at all.
The processes are separate. First, they decide if you're accepted, then they decide if you're a fit for PBL (or if they have spots open or whatever). That's what they told me, at least....in my packet, the acceptance letter was dated Oct. 31, but the PBL acceptance letter was dated Nov. 4. Then, on my reponse form, I have the choice of accepting the PBL acceptance, or declining it and automatically enrolling in the LDP.
 

FrogE7

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
767
2
the bay
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
iwillbesoon said:
The processes are separate. First, they decide if you're accepted, then they decide if you're a fit for PBL (or if they have spots open or whatever). That's what they told me, at least....in my packet, the acceptance letter was dated Oct. 31, but the PBL acceptance letter was dated Nov. 4. Then, on my reponse form, I have the choice of accepting the PBL acceptance, or declining it and automatically enrolling in the LDP.
Do you know what your final choice is, Bradenton or Erie?
 

wannabedoctoo

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
40
0
Status
Other Health Professions Student
iwillbesoon said:
The processes are separate. First, they decide if you're accepted, then they decide if you're a fit for PBL (or if they have spots open or whatever). That's what they told me, at least....in my packet, the acceptance letter was dated Oct. 31, but the PBL acceptance letter was dated Nov. 4. Then, on my reponse form, I have the choice of accepting the PBL acceptance, or declining it and automatically enrolling in the LDP.

Thanks!
 

iwillbesoon

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
87
0
PA
Status
Medical Student
FrogE7 said:
Do you know what your final choice is, Bradenton or Erie?
Haha, I know, it's so hard being on the alternate list. You're waiting for Bradenton, right? Well, I'm 99% sure I'm headed for Erie....but until that check goes in the mail, I'm not promising anything!

Don't worry! I'm sure it'll work out for you.
 
About the Ads