LECOM-Erie student looking for roommate(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

at_hashmi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everone,
I recently received the roommate list from Erie, and well lets just say its a doozie. I honestly don't think i have the time to go through the list of 100+ people. calling everyone up, so I figured i would just create a thread here for anyone who was interested in finding a roommate, like myself.

So I guess here a bit of info about myself, if anyone is interested:
I'm 6', dark hair, medium build, enjoy long walks on beaches........ Haha just joking. But ladies, all the above is true. Seriously though, I'm looking for one or two roommates, either male or female. I'd prefer non-smokers, but don't care if you do smoke aslong as its not inside the house. I like it to be quite when I'm studying, but don't mind a bit of noise. I don't mind pets, aslong as they won't kill me (so no poisonous snakes, or pet spiders).

I plan on having a place in erie by the beginning of July, and would preferebly like to find some one to live with before then. Otherwise I'll have to live all by myself :(.
I figured it would be better living with a roommate for 2 reasons 1) its CHEAPER 2) I don't like being alone that much.

If anyone is seriously interested and has any questions, feel free to ask, or pm me.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3bdr house that I am renting in Erie and am looking for two roomates. The house is only about three blocks from LECOM in a quiet neighborhood. Rent is only $260/month + utilities and it beats the heck out of an apartment! I am a MS-III, so I can help with questions about LECOM also.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3bdroom house in Erie, about three blocks from LECOM in a quiet neighborhood. Rent is $260/month + utilities and it beats the heck out of an apartment. I am a MS-III, so I can also answer questions about LECOM.

The apartment is no longer available. Thank you to those who responded.

I am going to be a first-year student at Lecom and am looking for housing with roommate(s) along the lines of what you all outlined here. I'm easy-going, quiet, and looking for a place that is cheap and close to campus. I imagine spending a lot of time studying and whatever free time I have playing sports and being active. I've been out of school for a couple years working in Washington, DC and living with friends from college. Just looking for folks who are interested in a similar living situation. I am a guy, non-smoker, pretty clean, have no pets--but don't mind them--and am happy to live with ladies or gents.

If any of you on this page, or anyone else, is still looking for a roommate either to fill your place or to find a place together, let me know.

John

Hi my name is ahmed
I am 33 yo, male moving to Eri to do my fellowship there at saint Vincent hospital
looking for roomates.
how old are you and is the place still available?

I have a 3bdroom house in Erie, about three blocks from LECOM in a quiet neighborhood. Rent is $260/month + utilities and it beats the heck out of an apartment. I am a MS-III, so I can also answer questions about LECOM.

Looking for a roomate, female, non-smoker, please email me.
ASAP,
Thanks.

i am interested to be your roomate. I am a friendly, nonsmoke lady and need the room for this fall. I am first year pharmacy student. Please contact me if you interest. My email is [email protected]

Hello! My name is michelle. I see you need a roomate :) Well here is a little info about me. Short black hair,5"5. Clean person (are place would always be clean, but not a freak abou it.) Im quite when i study. I have no pets, nor do i smoke. ew! If interested reply to me.

Michelle

Hey guys! Jeet Lund and I could really use two more roommates (male or female)! We’re both in LDP and we plan on living in a 4 br, 2 ba house with a 2 car garage. The house includes a washer and drier, landscaping services, a fully stocked kitchen with a stove, fridge, microwave, etc. and it’s less than half a mile from LECOM. The rent is $1200 per month (so $300 per person). Utilities are not included. The house is located at 4516 Allegheny Rd, Erie, PA 16509. We already have 2 ferrets in the house so pets are considered on a case by case basis. Let me know if you’re interested. Pics and floor plans can be seen here:
http://alleghenyerie.blogspot.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I am a second year student at LECOM Erie and I'll be away on rotations next year. For those of you who found out that you were accepted for the 2010-2011 year...congratulations! We have a townhouse for rent if you are looking for a place to stay. It's a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse...fully furnished (including washer and dryer)! Theres a 2 car garage to keep your car out of the snow and the rent comes with snow removal service and lawn services. The townhouse is located about 7 minutes from school. The mall, Wegmans, and major restaurants are closeby. We were very lucky to live in this complex because the townhouses are the nicest around! I have attached a document with further information. Please call Amy at 610-216-5400 if you are interested or have additional questions. Thanks!!

Attachments

• rent.docx
    151.9 KB · Views: 185
Hi!

I am a second year student at LECOM Erie and I'll be away on rotations next year. For those of you who found out that you were accepted for the 2010-2011 year...congratulations! We have a townhouse for rent if you are looking for a place to stay. It's a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse...fully furnished (including washer and dryer)! Theres a 2 car garage to keep your car out of the snow and the rent comes with snow removal service and lawn services. The townhouse is located about 7 minutes from school. The mall, Wegmans, and major restaurants are closeby. We were very lucky to live in this complex because the townhouses are the nicest around! I have attached a document with further information. Please call Amy at 610-216-5400 if you are interested or have additional questions. Thanks!!

Hey Amy, how you doing? I've recently been accepted in LECOM Erie. I know your busy and all as a student, but I was wondering if you can give me an honest opinion about the school. Like, do the professors care about you ( if you have any issues will they accomodate makeup work; do they actually stay throughout the whole block or go to their research or out of town a lot), is there enought time to study for consecutive tests or are they all cramped together?? If you would choose your school all over again, would you choose LECOM? I know your place is like 7 min away but do you have problems traveling during winter time (sorry i'm from the desert we don't have snow)? And also how much is your rent??:)

Hi,

I'm a PBL student at LECOM med so I'm not sure how the Pharm program runs. If I were to do it all over again, I would still choose LECOM because of the different pathways that are available to medical students. I love the independence of the PBL program and how we only take 3 tests a semester. Its also a very inexpensive school compared to others and LECOM students typically score well on the boards...so being in less debt when I get out is a plus too. LECOM does have a reputation about strict policies (attendance, dress code, etc) but thats only because they want to teach their students about professionalism. So there are few instances where missing class is acceptable...but say if there was a death in the family...they are understanding. Research is not big at the school...most professors are there to teach. Though there are research opportunities if you decide to do so. Like I said, I only take 3 tests a semester but other pathways have tests every week. The snow hasn't been bad this year but it was really bad the year before. I would definitely recommend to bring a car that does well in the snow. The snow is a hassle but my complex hires people to plow the street and the driveway. I also have a garage so I don't have to worry about cleaning snow off my car. PBL also allows me to stay home more often than the LDP pathway so I don't often have to wake up at 7 and drive in the snow. The rent is 1200. Its a 3 bedroom townhouse so 400/person. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Congrats on your acceptance!

Amy

Hi I am going to be a first year and I am currently looking for a roommate and an apartment. I think I would be more comfortable living with someone close my age which is 23 and who is also a first year. Please let me know if any one is interested. I've been so busy I haven't check out places yet so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks
Leslie

hi everyone, I was wondering how you all got the roommate list for LECOM, I still have yet to get mine I guess? Anyways, I am looking at the apartments and I am definitely interested in having a roommate. I am a female, no smoking, clean, no pets, and I am pretty easy going overall... oh and I am going to be first year student. I would like to book an apartment by July so let me know if your interested.

hi, I recently got accepted to the pharmacy program! I was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate and have a place in mind. I'm a female from california, prefers a no smoking environment, clean, no pets, and a nice and quiet atmosphere so I can get my studying in. I'm looking for some female roommates as well. If you are interested please let me know. My email is [email protected]
Thanks =)

Last edited:
hi, i was wondering how do we receive the roommate list for erie?

You should have already received an email from Lecom which has two attachments. One of the attachments is a 33 pages package that contains the roommate list.

No roommates needed with these low monthly student rates!

For Erie medical student housing with low monthly rates & no lease:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 West 6th Street & Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-868-1961

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for "Chris" and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

No roommates needed with these low monthly rates!

For Erie medical student housing with low monthly rates & no lease:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 West 6th Street & Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-868-1961

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for "Chris" and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

hi, I got accepted to the pharmacy program! I was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate and have a place in mind (or is searching). I'm a female, clean, no pets, and serious about my work I'm looking for some female roommates as well. If you are interested please let me know. My email is [email protected]
Thanks

I have a spacious house for rent in a beautiful neighborhood minutes from LECOM and shops. It's a 2br brick home with lovely yard space and full basement and attic. Rent is $800 so $400 per student. Small pets are fine. I'm currently a soon to be 4th yr LECOMer. PM me for pics and more info. Btw home will have landscaping and snow removal included in rent.

Thanks

Hi,

I will be a med.-post bacc at LECOM and am looking for 2 people to share a 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment at the Westgate community. I am female, Asian, very clean, nonsmoker, and from SF California. I will be bringing my 5-year old, 15 lb. Poodle-terrier with me. He is non-shedding and is COMPLETELY house-trained… and his name is YODA. =)

http://www.rentalguideerie.com/Magazine/Listing.cfm?MagId=2034&AdverId=198650&ListingId=11 039861

http://www.joepalermo.com/3-b.htm

I am currently in contact with a leasing agent and he has one unit available for rent starting August. He is willing to hold the unit with a deposit until August 16th or 17th move in.

I would like to have at least one person to commit and we can look for our 3rd roommate later as to share the deposit required to hold the unit. Or all three of us can split the deposit if we can manage to converse over the weekend so we can all call in on Monday as to provide the required information to Palmero Realty.

Rent: $835/month (Room 1: 12’1” x 12’10”à $275, Room 2: 13’3 x 11’10“ à $275, Room 3: 11’9” x 15’ à $295)
Pet: $300 non-refundable deposit (applicable only if you have a pet)
Water, sewage, trash: $60
Gas, electric: TBD - dependent on use
Internet: I've heard $60/month but that sounds a bit steep... we can figure which plan we'd want to sign up for once we get settled.

If you're interested in becoming roommates, please PM or call 831.917.6627.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of any apartments near LECOM-Erie that is fully furnished or contains a small fitness center? Thanks!

Congrats to all who have been accepted to the LECOM medical school or the post bacc program and good luck to those who are still waiting.

I am currently in the post bacc program and found it very helpful as prep for medical school next year. I was offered a seat at LECOM for next year but decided to go to another program and am looking for someone to take over my room available at the beginning of July.

Rent is $280 plus utilities/month estimated to be no more than $350/month.

Since I will not be attending LECOM next year I have books for sale that will be required by the post bacc program and 1st year OMS's.

Its a 3bdrm, 2 bath apt located off of 25th & Rudolph Ave. Outdoor parking spots, no garage. Apt. is about 3 miles from both main and bayfront campuses. Pet-friendly with a $300 nonrefundable deposit. You would be rooming with a 2nd year OMS at LECOM and a mechanical engineer working at local company. Both female. I will miss them dearly.

If you're interested in either (room or books) or both... PM me and we can chat.

Thanks and CONGRATS!!! :)

Last edited:
He needs a roommate. If you might be interested, please post.

Have you found a roommate yet? My son's email is [email protected]
he is 24.

He won't be happy that I've posted this, but wth. He only has a few weeks to get things together!

Have you filled the room? I'm starting the pharmacy program next month. Thanks!

hi, have you found a roomate yet? I live in sarasota

Hey guess I'm an accepted pharmacy student and am looking for an apartment for me and my wife...is there any students there now that can help me find a cheap but at least decent apartment?