LECOM (erie) vs D'Youille -help me choose

Started by Bee01234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bee01234

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need help deciding. So right now I am looking at the cheapest schools but then again other things factor in.....

LECOM vs D'Youille. Which one would you choose and why?

I have a friend telling me to stay in New York State so I can get my compounding stuff....should I? does LECOM offer compounding courses?

Pro: LECOM is 3 years instead of 4
Pro: LECOM is cheaper

Con: People say to stay away from lecom

If LECOM only gives students 750 hours of pharmacy experience how does the other students get the other hours? Can students do some of the hours the summer before starting their P1? is that allowed or do they have to wait until they started P1. And they have to be NON-PAID internship right?

Who finished LECOM and went straight to working? How did the school prepare you or expose you to jobs?

Thank you for answering my questions. It would be greatly appreciated to get personal experiences and advice. Please feel free to PM me if you would like. Thank you once more.
 
I need help deciding. So right now I am looking at the cheapest schools but then again other things factor in.....

LECOM vs D'Youille. Which one would you choose and why?

I have a friend telling me to stay in New York State so I can get my compounding stuff....should I? does LECOM offer compounding courses?

Pro: LECOM is 3 years instead of 4
Pro: LECOM is cheaper

Con: People say to stay away from lecom

If LECOM only gives students 750 hours of pharmacy experience how does the other students get the other hours? Can students do some of the hours the summer before starting their P1? is that allowed or do they have to wait until they started P1. And they have to be NON-PAID internship right?

Who finished LECOM and went straight to working? How did the school prepare you or expose you to jobs?

Thank you for answering my questions. It would be greatly appreciated to get personal experiences and advice. Please feel free to PM me if you would like. Thank you once more.

LECOM requires compounding courses.

The PA Pharmacy Board only allows Pharmacy schools to provide half of the hours required to sit for the boards. LECOM is only allowed to provide 750 hours. Students can work toward the other 750 hours as soon as they are accepted to LECOM and apply for an intern license. Therefore it is possible to complete all required hours before even starting as a P1. The internships can be paid, just depends on the site.