LECOM-FL Alternates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megpie111

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sooo i received my alternate letter in the mail today, and I just wanted to know how many of you received these and were later accepted, and how long did you have to wait? I really want LECOM 100% so I'm really let down by this. Can't wait to hear! Thanks-
Meg

Members don't see this ad.

Well, with they way Orgo II (again) is going for me this time, they may change their minds about accepting me...

megpie111 said:
sooo i received my alternate letter in the mail today, and I just wanted to know how many of you received these and were later accepted, and how long did you have to wait? I really want LECOM 100% so I'm really let down by this. Can't wait to hear! Thanks-
Meg
One of my student rep got accepted from the alternate list the day before school starts! There's hope. I also got waitlisted there! I love the location and florida weather but can't see myself being a PBL person so decided not to call to confirm my alternate list "acceptance". Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What date did you interview? Did you interview Friday the 3rd?

megpie111 said:
Meg

Hey Meg,

I sent more in PM, but wanted to say not to give up! I know that there are people being accepted almost all the way to the first day of classes. Remember that the deadline for secondaries is in 16 days and interviews end in March. They will HAVE to start picking people from the alternate list before then.

Good Luck!!!
LS

scpod said:
Remember that the deadline for secondaries is in 16 days and interviews end in March.

Does this go for both LECOMs?

Jezzielin said:
Does this go for both LECOMs?

Yes, they are supposed to be the same. However, some things might end up different in practice. For instance, Bradenton is now sending out acceptances with a 15 day deadline. That was supposed to have been the case for both schools after January 15th (according to the staff at Bradenton), but someone told me on Feb. 8th that she recieved a letter that same day with a deadline of March 1st for Erie.

I was wondering if those of you who have been placed on the alternate lists at either of the LECOMs would post their stats so I can get an idea of what to look for for my own addmission. You could PM me the info if you want.