LECOM-FL Interview Very Cold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo0984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else interview at Bradenton and have a very cold experience. The ppl were very nice, yes, but the 2 ppl at the interview were so so cold. They had their questions, i gave my answers, and we moved on. Also, I was giving an answer, and then they would rephrase the question, but that still didnt change my answer, so i was like wtf. I don't know, all of my other interviews I felt like I became friends with the person and we bonded. This was more like robotic. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a good experience there and really liked the school. I guess it depends on the day....

One guy kept asking me questions about one thing I wrote in my personal statement, which I guess was cool because I know he read it. He asked like 4 questions about the same thing, which was wierd, but I got in, so whatever. I'm happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
andi_cvr said:
Yeah, my interview there seemed a bit impersonal too.

Some of the faculty there aren't terribly friendly. It really depends on who you interview with and what's going on that day... For example, on my interview day, one of the interviewers was very very friendly and the other well....let me just say that after speaking with that person I thought surely I would not get in.... of course I was wrong...

don't let your impression of one or even both of your interviewers cloud how you feel about the school.. I know it's really hard.. to be honest, I'm still trying to get over my impression of that interviewer...

Timbo0984 said:
Anyone else interview at Bradenton and have a very cold experience. The ppl were very nice, yes, but the 2 ppl at the interview were so so cold. They had their questions, i gave my answers, and we moved on. Also, I was giving an answer, and then they would rephrase the question, but that still didnt change my answer, so i was like wtf. I don't know, all of my other interviews I felt like I became friends with the person and we bonded. This was more like robotic. What do you think?

The day that I interviewed, there were thirteen people there to interview and there were ten different people doing the interviews. The two that I got were just wonderful. We had a really good time, but some of the others didn't seem to have the same experience. One girl had interviewed a month earlier in Erie and said it was much worse there.

Part of making the interview work well at LECOM is taking charge of it yourself. Face it, you know the questions in advance from reading SDN. When they start asking the general questions up front, then bring up the other stuff as well. Start talking about conflict before the question comes up. They'll stumble a little at first, since you've actually answered the questions ahead of time, and then it will settle down into a more conversational mode.

You've got to use that set of standardized questions to help you. If you prepare well enough, it will be your best friend.

When I interviewed there in Early October it was very nice. Both of my interviewers were great. One was the old dude with the glasses and the other was a younger guy with a crazy eye thing. I guess the eyes were lacking, maybe thats why I got in. Anyways, I thought they and the school was very nice and I would have attended if KCOM didn't come through for me.

There were some schools I interviewed at where it seemed like I was already accepted and the interview was just a formality. That's how LECOM-Bradenton felt for me. My interviewers were SOOO nice. I think I had the same people as they person who posted above me.