lecom/flecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southern girl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have seen so many wonderful posts about flecom, that i have decided to submit a supplemental. The deadline to submit is May 15, 2004. do you think that i have a chance so late in the admissions cycle? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

southern girl said:
i have seen so many wonderful posts about flecom, that i have decided to submit a supplemental. The deadline to submit is May 15, 2004. do you think that i have a chance so late in the admissions cycle? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

It is my understanding that they are interviewing until june or through june.

Adrian

The deadline is May 15th when the AACOMAS application came online only a couple days ago?

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be wrong, but i think the May 15 deadline is for the entering class of 2008 for this fall...not for the 2009 class (which is what the new application is for).

yes, the deadline for the supplemental and lors is may 15, 2004. i selected lecom when completing the aacomas application. they may have just added flecom for the entering class of 2005. any stats on acceptance so late in the admissions cycle? :eek:

I would go ahead and apply. Make sure you have a good personal statement (don't rush and write anything), and all of the usual stuff. You have nothing to lose (besides the fee, but it's worth it if you get in, right?). They will probably ask why you applied so late (I was asked this question at an interview). Just be honest!

-Aaron

Sorry, as far as stats, I applied to my schools very late (granted last interview dates available at the schools), and was accepted. I do not have a 4.0 by any means. Good luck!

-Aaron

Your chances might be a little worse now though, being this late. I heard that they have 125 paid students now and sent out around 20+ letters last week. But there is still a small chance. Good luck.

As of Friday they had 125 committed students and had sent out 29 acceptance letters that week. If 25 or more of those 29 students decide to attend, the class is full. I know several people that have interviews on the 14th and 18th. I'm sorry to say that I think it's too late for you... :( Regardless, good luck to you, I'd love to see me proved wrong!!!! :)
Why did you wait so long? Do you have plans to attend somewhere else?

On another note, anyone know if lecom-fl and tucom-nv are separate from their parent institutions on the class of 2009 AACOMAS?

You should definitely interview. Lots of changes will be made in the next few months, and the acceptance list is fluid. With waiting lists and the post bacc program, the final class lists won't be set until about a week after school starts next year. I think that Florida will be a fabulous program... it's being run by the prof currently in charge of my program. Good luck!
PM me if you have any specific questions about Lecom... I'd be happy to answer them for you.

sddoc said:
You should definitely interview. Lots of changes will be made in the next few months, and the acceptance list is fluid. With waiting lists and the post bacc program, the final class lists won't be set until about a week after school starts next year.

That's scary, are you saying you think they'll revoke admissions? According to Dr. George, as I said, they had 125 paid students and 29 letters out - he expected the class to be filled very shortly.

They won't revoke admission, but people who have said they will go to Bradenton will change their mind at the last min or, if they have been waitlisted somewhere more to their liking and they are accepted later in the summer,they will forfeit their LECOM acceptance. Spaces could open up.
One girl never showed up to orientation in my class. It happens.

Dr_sax

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek:
That's kinda scary - I have my interview on May 17...To go there knowing that all spots are taken....

I have an interview on the 24th so I hope I don't make the trip for nothing

Dr_sax said:
One girl never showed up to orientation in my class. It happens.

Dr_sax

Thats just wrong.....at least have the decency to call and let them know your not coming. Geesh.

as for interviews at this stage of the game???? wow, I didn't know they were still interviewing. Good luck!

Most seats will be full by now. Honestly, if you are interviewing this late it should be assumed that most seats have been filled if not all of them so this should not come as a surprise. Regardless I wish everyone the best of luck and dont count out those that may give up their seat. There are still opportunities.

Hey

I don't know how full the Florida class is right now. I think I only saw 1 interview group this past week

Any last minute advices before the interview? :oops:

I received a letter from lecom two weeks ago stating that I am an "alternate" for 2008. What do you think my chances are of making it into this class?

MHC said:
I received a letter from lecom two weeks ago stating that I am an "alternate" for 2008. What do you think my chances are of making it into this class?

MHC,

To which campus were you waitlisted?

gr8n
LECOM-Bradenton
c/o 2008

PS,

(Noah,,,, you are the man homie :cool: )
-- The class of 2008 should have shirts made for LECOM-Bradenton Medical College with the quote from your web page "First Class All The Way!"
I have a LECOM shirt that a good friend gave me that just says "LECOM-Medical College" on it....
What do ya'll think?

gr8n said:
-- The class of 2008 should have shirts made for LECOM-Bradenton Medical College with the quote from your web page "First Class All The Way!"
I have a LECOM shirt that a good friend gave me that just says "LECOM-Medical College" on it....
What do ya'll think?

That'd be awesome man. Where'd your friend get the shirt? I'd like one of those too.

Why everybody just ignored my question? :scared:

lynx,

Seriously, and I know this is said all the time, just be yourself. I went for the "getting to know them on a more personal, less formal" note and it must have worked. I tried to make them laugh while laughing with them, if you have a good joke or are just naturally funny, use it to your advantage. All the adcoms want from you is a reason to let you in to their college, not a reason to keep you out. Be yourself, dont front on ficticious stuff and be true to yourself and to them. Do you, and do it well.

Best of luck to you.

I think the idea of getting shirts made for our class with the slogan you made is an awesome idea. Its a great and powerful statement. And if we get the shirts made ourselves, we can put whatever "LECOM - Bradenton" name we want. I'm personally pushing for GCCOM.

I have a hoody with "LECOM MEDICAL COLLEGE" on it and its badass. I picked it up in the bookstore after my interview was over (I was pretty confident) and got one for my girlfriend too. But the more we can get our name out there, the better.

We'll figure it all out when we get down there.

RR

I wish I could order some of the LECOM clothes and stuff online.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out I can! :D

I'm waitlisted for the Erie campus.

Just relax as much as possible. Have prepared answers for the following:

1) How do you manage stress?

2) How do you handle conflict?

3) Are you ok with the dress code? How about mandatory attendance? (if you want to go to LECOM, you love these things)

4) Why Osteopathic medicine?

Show some personality, and some confidence. It's the best thing that you can do.

:thumbup: Thanks guys!!!!! Appreciate it!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey

The Class of 2006 designed our class tshirt that we could purchase. We were 007

Doctortobee said:
Hey

The Class of 2006 designed our class tshirt that we could purchase. We were 007

Dont you mean class of 2007?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, you mean the class before you designed the tshirts for you?

Right. The class ahead of us designed us (the class of 2007) tshirts. I'm sure the Erie 2008 class will have one too. Don't know about Florida

I wonder how we (LECOM-Bradenton folks) can go about designing our own shirts??? I'd definitely help design it.

Noah, are you down to help?

I don't know... How about "FLECOM - Formerly known as Ferettiville, Florida"

It has a ring to it!!! ;)

sddoc said:
I don't know... How about "FLECOM - Formerly known as Ferettiville, Florida"

It has a ring to it!!! ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

I like it!!! :D

BTW, nice sig ;) WAK is one of the professors I miss from LECOM because he was so entertaining!

DOTobe -

Thanks! I love WAK. He's one of the only reasons that I'm sad to enter rotations... I'll miss him a lot.

gr8n said:
I wonder how we (LECOM-Bradenton folks) can go about designing our own shirts??? I'd definitely help design it.

Noah, are you down to help?

Of course man. Let's do it.

Graydon & Noah, I'm definitely down to help out with the shirts too, if you need it. Just let me know.

Ryan

Thanks for the info Green912!

DocRadak said:
Graydon & Noah, I'm definitely down to help out with the shirts too, if you need it. Just let me know.

Ryan

Hey guys,
I'm in for helping out as well. My girlfriend is a Graphic Designer so I can probably coerce her (without violating Geneva regulations, Heh) to lay out some of our ideas!!!

Let me know if I can help,
Bill

Cool!

My best friend works for a wholesale Shirt company and we can get plain shirts (polo or T) for less than $1 each....perhaps $2...each

I'll get back atcha.

PS, the graphic design sounds good.

gr8n
LECOM-Bradenton
c/o 2008
"First Class All The Way!"