Lecom Gpa

Started by doydoy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doydoy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone tell me if it's worth applying to LECOM with a gpa ~3.2?

I know they don't require pcat. Better yet could the applicants who've been accepted to the pharmacy program tell me their gpa?
 
Hi, I haven't been accepted or denied yet, but when I sent my initial application in, I had a 3.64 gpa (3.9 in science) but after taking 4 hard classes (organic chm, anatomy 2, trig, and physics; I got a B, B, B, C respectively) my gpa went down to a 3.4.
 
You must not have a lot of credit hours if after a bad quarter, it went down that much. But 3.4 is still a decent GPA. LECOM is my first choice, and I hope to at least get an interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You must not have a lot of credit hours if after a bad quarter, it went down that much. But 3.4 is still a decent GPA. LECOM is my first choice, and I hope to at least get an interview.

Where else did you apply besides LECOM and St. John Fisher? I applied to LECOM as well. Do you live in upstate NY?
 
I applied to so many schools that I don't even remember anymore. Some posts in here really discourage me and some posts give me hope. LECOM is really strange with their admission process. I really don't know what they look for besides GPA.

I didn't realize people were applying so early in the cycle. I applied more than 10 schools, and I am still working on the supplement for Appalachia.

I'm not from Upstate NY, but I do know someone that lives there. When did you turn in your application and what are your stats? I just want to compare.