LECOM hold??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickdogg81

Orthotern
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved an e-mail from LECOM stating that my file was complete (post-interview) and that it is on hold temporarily pending a decision from the committe. What exactly does that mean? That is has been reviewed and I am on some kind of hold status or that they haven't reviewed it yet? Need some input....

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mickdogg81
I just recieved an e-mail from LECOM stating that my file was complete (post-interview) and that it is on hold temporarily pending a decision from the committe. What exactly does that mean? That is has been reviewed and I am on some kind of hold status or that they haven't reviewed it yet? Need some input....

Well I never received such an email after my interview, the only correspondence was the acceptance later two weeks later. So my guess is it means it's on hold status.

It just sounds like the admissions committee hasn't made a decision yet..but I don't know

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same type of e-mail from DMU saying that my file was complete but on "hold status". I got a letter from them 2 weeks later saying that I was not accepted. I guess it means they havent decided yet, not a yes or a no at that point, but that they still have more interviews and candidates to hear from. I think it kind of means that you are at the bottom of the "accepted" list and you can be bumped off of it quickly if someone 'better' comes along. But I got my LECOM - Bradenton acceptance the next day, so its all for the better.

Best of luck to you!!

I would put your doubts aside and call them. That way you will know for sure what it means. If I had to guess I would say they are trying to decide if they should accept you or reject you. Perhaps they are waiting to hear back from other students and they are waiting to make sure you have a spot. It is better than getting a rejection. In fact, at this point anything beats a rejection letter.

I wish you luck. This is a difficult process to go through.