1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

LECOM immunization requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Khoioiii, May 7, 2007.

1. Khoioiii

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Does anyone know if LECOM requires that all 3 Hepatitis B vaccines be done by the time school starts? I got one dose last week, and will get the second in June, but wont be able to get the third dose until October (school starts in August). Also, do they require titers for Hepatitis B if you havent gotten all three shots done?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SunFlower2008

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I email them about the same question, and that's their reply "You must have titers done for all listed on the immunization status report in addition to the vaccines."

4. LECOMorBUST

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thought classes start in Sept.?
    http://www.lecom.edu/pharm/acal.pdf
    This is a year old, but seems like a good reference for the 2007-2008 schedule.

What are titers?

5. tricia

tricia Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    A titer is a blood test where they test for the antibodies of the vaccine you were given (so they know you are vaccinated against whatever)

6. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

Titers are also a little difficult to get done. At least that's been my experience. I had to get a titer done a while back and called around to a lot of different drs offices. Finally I gave up and called a friend that was a pediatrician and she put me in touch with a family practice md that would do it. It's just a really quick blood draw, but finding someone that would do it wasn't easy. You might have better luck than I did, but I wouldn't put it off until the last minute just in case.

7. Trepies 001

is there a list online of all the vaccines we need? was hoping to start soon but didn't want to wait for the main packet to begin.

8. Khoioiii

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I emailed Christine and she said to have the doctor put the planned date in which you will be getting the second and/or third dose of the Hep. B vaccine on the Immunization status report. You will then need to get a titer after the third dose. They want you to send in all the forms asap.

9. Khoioiii

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Just curious..are you going to Erie or Bradenton? I'm going to Bradenton and they sent me the marticulation package last week. They require dates from childhood dates for DTP doses (if you dont have any record you have to have 1 Tdap and 2 adult tetanus shots 6 months b/t each shot), childhood dates for Polio, a dose of adult tetanus, PPD test, positive titers for varicella, rubella, rubeola, mumps, and hep. b. They also require a physical, drug test, and alcohol test.

10. Trepies 001

im going to the erie campus. thanks for the list

11. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

That's my problem. I have no shot record at all. My childhood doctor moved years ago. I tried getting a copy from my high school and colleges I attended. None of them kept a copy.

12. RX CARE

RX CARE Eye Have You!!
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Not too fast ...son!! Brace urself for game 3.

13. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

haha! I was wondering if there were any Suns fans out there. If we have to lose, I'd rather it be to the Suns since they are my second favorite team. However, I hope we beat them or anyone else :)

14. PTMDK

2+ Year Member

I have same problem. Did you have to those shots again or just have titers done?

15. Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm Member
    5+ Year Member

I gave a last ditch effort to contact my high school again to see if they could find my shot record. Oddly enough, the school nurse found it right away. I kind of got the feeling that it was never looked for the first time. But, I was able to get my shot record. I still had to get some titers done though because even with a shot record they still require some titers.

16. PTMDK

2+ Year Member

Good for you.
    No record at all on my side :( I need to have all shots done + titers.
    Hope there'll be enough time between now til school start.