LECOM interview invites before LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prankster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if LECOM or other schools extend interview invitations even before receiving all of the letters of recommendation?

Members don't see this ad.

prankster said:
Does anyone know if LECOM or other schools extend interview invitations even before receiving all of the letters of recommendation?

I'm sure they'd tell you if you called. I had mine in when I was invited so I can't really say, but they have been very friendly when I've called.

I was still missing one LOR when I was invited to interview. So, it is possible that they will interview you without, but I would definitely try to have them in asap. My letter was suppose to have been there, but there was a mix up somewhere and it didn't arrive.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed at lecom without the mcat score, so yeah, I am sure if you do not have lors in, that is just fine and not that uncommon, not at lecom at least.

Hey Trypto82,
Did you interview on Oct 21st?
Back to the question: Yes, you can be invited for an interview without having your letters sent to them. One of the girl in my interview did not have her file complete.

prankster said:

Western U/COMP offered me interview even before filling out their secondary application. My letters was also not there at the time of interview.

I interviewed November the 4th. Have you heard anything from them regarding your decision? If you interviewed Oct 21, it should be getting close

I interviewed at both Nova and LECOM-FL before my letters got there.

LECOM wants the letters before you interview, but mine was conducted before they had the DO recommendation. They will just not send your file to the admissions committe for final review until it is complete. Also their adcom meets every weds to decide on the previous weeks candidates (about two week turn around)

prankster said:

LECOM Bradenton invited me w/o my letters. But my file got complete 2 days before the interview, so I guess that worked out :)

good luck!

I was invited to interview w/o my MCAT's. Then, about 3 days after I recieved the acceptance in the mail, I got the postcard that my app was complete. The wierd thing is that the school is so small, it had to be the same person sending both. I hope they call me for another interview invite.....I might just turn it down.

so did you actually get accepted, or was it a mistake letter?

Mr. E said:
I was invited to interview w/o my MCAT's. Then, about 3 days after I recieved the acceptance in the mail, I got the postcard that my app was complete. The wierd thing is that the school is so small, it had to be the same person sending both. I hope they call me for another interview invite.....I might just turn it down.

Thats a good question. I never called to find out. I wonder.....If they sent a letter that was signed by the dean, do they have to let me in?