Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LECOM interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Teey09, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Teey09

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi everyone, I have my interview coming up in two weeks for LECOM bradenton. Does anyone have any tips or experience with their interview? anything will help :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Peterpiper1

Hey! I got accepted at LECOM-B way back in October and from what I remember it is really quick. The interviewees are split up into groups and each take turns with member of the faculty. They really aren't there to grill you or anything they kind of just want to know you're not nuts. Speak slowly and clearly and you'll be fine.
    Questions they asked me were: Tell me about yourself, have you ever assumed a leadership position? why Pharmacy? What do you do if a professor has a teaching style you don't like?
    Afterwards, they have a mock PBL session with other interviewees and another faculty member. This part is to see if you can handle PBL and the type of group learning you will presumably be doing for some classes. If you haven't taken your PCAT you will also need to do a writing assignment. I can't tell you much about this, I had my scores on file.
    Next is a tour of the school with student ambassadors. Not much to see, to be honest, as it's kind of just an office building, however the library is eye catching. They only showed us the first and second floors as the third floor is for the D.O.'s. The day ends with several powerpoints and information about the school.
    Overall, everyone was very nice, enthusiastic and willing to answer any question you had for them. If you've managed to be invited for an interview you're pretty much in so don't stress too much.

Marina22 likes this.
  4. Teey09

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats! Hopefully we'll be classmates :) how soon did it take for the school to notify you?

5. Peterpiper1

Couple weeks tops. You'll get a letter in the mail.

6. TheFlowerGuy

Pharmacy Student
    Hey I applied to the Erie campus. My status today changed to: "the admissions committee has a made decision on your file and will receive the decision in the mail within 30 days".....does this mean my app is rejected because I was not invited for an interview? Or an interview is still possible? does this status change for everyone regardless of an interview invitation or a rejection? thanks

7. Peterpiper1

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud, but I think you might've been rejected. If your admissions status says "a decision has been made" and you haven't been interviewed, then thats a little concerning.
    My admission status changed to read the same thing but only after my interview.

8. axelerated

What are you talking about lol everybody's status changes to that he has nothing to worry about! It will say 30 days before interview meaning within 30 days he will get an invite in the email and after interview they make a decision it will say 10 days you should receive final decision in the mail.......

But regardless it seems everyone interviewing this late is either going to get waitlisted or denied!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

9. Marina22

Heyyyy! Don't discourage us please lol

10. axelerated

Hopefully we all get in I have been through this before with other schools thats why come out negative sometimes lol but when did you apply Marina or are you still going to interview? I figured you were accepted already here never knew

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Marina22 likes this.
  11. Marina22

Not yet lol. Interview is on Tuesday

axelerated likes this.
  12. Peterpiper1

Not trying to discourage anyone! just trying to answer his question.
    I can only speak to what happened with me and my status changed after my interview. I've read others post the same thing where they were NOT invited to an interview but had their status change to "a decision has been made" and they received a waitlist or denial in the mail.
    Since he hasn't responded I think it's safe to assume this is what happened.

13. TheFlowerGuy

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks for responding back @axelerated & @Peterpiper1
    I received the letter on Monday saying they want me to do their Postbacc program. It's for 2 terms starting this sept and upon keeping a certain gpa, I believe 3.0, they would place me in the 2018 PharmD class. I'm waiting on two more schools to respond back to me so hoping it works out there, otherwise lecom postbacc it is. All the best to you guys!

axelerated likes this.
  14. Peterpiper1

Well, that's better than an outright rejection. Now you have the opportunity. Good luck out there @TheFlowerGuy!

15. Teey09

Pre-Pharmacy
    may i ask what your stats were?

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Veritas_et_Visus

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    LECOM is like a lot of medical schools in that it has rolling admissions. What gets you in in the early part of the interview process may not help in the later part.

18. estara89

Pre-Pharmacy
    were the status updates given by email? and when did everyone apply? I've submitted mine just before the march deadline and haven't heard anything yet.

19. Marina22

Give them time, in couple weeks they will send you a link for supplemental application with login and pswd. Don't worry!

20. Moonrung

Can you message me about your status now. I got the same letter like you last week. My gpa is 3.565. It a rejection letter, but I think my gpa is not too bad to do the postbacc program. I just confusing. Please help me