LECOM interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marine123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email invite for a phone interview! For those who have been interviewed, how did you schedule the interview? I'm afraid when I call for an interview date that it will be interviewed at that time. After getting the invite, how soon do they expect to talk to you...cause this is very unexpected and I probably will have to call out sick for work. Do you have to wait by the phone all day?

I'm so excited...i thought they denied me already...i sent my application in last Aug!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email invite for a phone interview! For those who have been interviewed, how did you schedule the interview? I'm afraid when I call for an interview date that it will be interviewed at that time. After getting the invite, how soon do they expect to talk to you...cause this is very unexpected and I probably will have to call out sick for work. Do you have to wait by the phone all day?

I'm so excited...i thought they denied me already...i sent my application in last Aug!

To schedule interview, you should contact Jaqueline (it might be different). Did she give you the possible dates? When I missed her call, she left a message saying that I can choose from three dates she gave me. Then, I called her and gave her my preferred date.

By the way, is this Bradenton Campus interview or Erie campus?

I have an interview in the LECOM erie PA

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be at work...so save me some tacos cause I'm tired of Inn N' Out!

So I finally got an email from LECOM-Erie today telling me that they've received my application and I will hear from them anytime up until May!! I sent my application out over 3 months ago and now they're telling me this??:confused:

I sent my application last aug. I called them around dec to follow up. They said that they have my application. I asked them if they reviewed the earlier applications first, they said no....they pretty much told me that they review it when they can review it. So basically, i didn't get any real answer on what their system is. so i figured i've already been rejected cause it's been months. But finally, they sent me an invite....so I guess be patient. they'll get to it eventually......someday....

So I finally got an email from LECOM-Erie today telling me that they've received my application and I will hear from them anytime up until May!! I sent my application out over 3 months ago and now they're telling me this??:confused:

I had everything submitted by the last week of Jan. and last week received the same email confirming the application is complete. 6 days later I had my interview , so things can move pretty quick after you receive that email. I know others who received their interview about 2 weeks after they got the confirmation email. They are now waiting for the decision in the mail and I guess I am too, hopefully it's great news. :thumbup:

I just got an email invite for a phone interview! For those who have been interviewed, how did you schedule the interview? Do you have to wait by the phone all day?

That is a brutally long wait to hear anything. It's interesting, I didn't know they sent invitation for an interview by email. I got a direct call while in class. Do you remember the name of who interviewed you?

Good luck you guys. :luck:

Try not to stress out too much over the interview. I know it's hard not to but it's not bad. They aren't going to try to rake you over the coals. They just want to get to know you. At the end of my interview they asked me if I had any questions. So it would be good if you have some questions ready for them. Be sure to look in the interview feedback section of this website as it has most of the interview questions listed. I'm trying to think of what else I could tell you that would be useful. My interview was about 15 to 20 minutes. The LECOM website has a lot of the profs info so if you already know who will be doing the interview that could help...especially if you and the interviewer share the same interest in a particular area of pharmacy.

Don't stress out about the interview. I thought I did very bad and I gave myself a poor grade for the phone interview with lecom. I don't think they value the interview too much or I wouldn't have gotten in. So relax. I think one of the questions was who is your biggest inspiration to choose pharmacy. Good luck

Don't stress out about the interview. I thought I did very bad and I gave myself a poor grade for the phone interview with lecom. I don't think they value the interview too much or I wouldn't have gotten in. So relax. I think one of the questions was who is your biggest inspiration to choose pharmacy. Good luck

Please can you let me know you stats, thank you.

I applied at the end of Feb. I know late. Can I call to see if thet have may application? What info do they need when I call them?

Thank you for all your help! Dr. Ghilzai will be interviewing me on Friday. So, I'm nervous but this is my 4th interview, so I'm starting to get used to it....still nervous nonetheless.

Dr. Ghilzai emailed me last tuesday to try to schedule an interview. I did not call until today cause I had to prepare and did not want to have an interview while I was trying to set up an appointment date.

My stats are not that great...GPA : 3.3, pharmacy technician for 2 years, BS in marine biology. Volunteer. Research experience. Good rec letters.

You can call to see if they have your application. I would imagine this will force them to pick your application up from the pile. That's what I did. However, in my opinion, it did not make them process my application any faster. But I hoped it showed that I was really interested in their program.

Please can you let me know you stats, thank you.

I applied at the end of Feb. I know late. Can I call to see if thet have may application? What info do they need when I call them?

I have a 4.O and only 3 months of experience. However, I am only a sophomore in college, so the 4.0 I don't think matters that much. I don't know, I didn't expect to be accepted but did. Don't worry, just hang on there and hope everything goes well for you.

Applied October...interviewed 2 weeks ago...put on a waiting list a week later...3.5 GPA, In-state, been working for Eckerds for a year now as a Tech...interview was a mess, really wish I had a translator to be honest...the man who interviewed me couldnt speak english...I must have said huh? excuse me? can you repeat that 1000 times...which is good enough reason to be waitlisted, guy prob thought there was something wrong with me...interview was no longer then 10 minutes....very rushed...advice to all dont schedule an interview around lunch time there hungry! and very angry at that point...interview is critical in my opinon major reason i was waitlisted...i believe who knows...oh well off to Boston in the fall goodluck to all!

Can I call to see if thet have may application? What info do they need when I call them?

Give them a call, I did. All that need is your name and they will likely ask which branch you applied to.

Thank you for all your help! Dr. Ghilzai will be interviewing me on Friday. So, I'm nervous but this is my 4th interview, so I'm starting to get used to it....still nervous nonetheless.

Dr. Ghilzai emailed me last tuesday to try to schedule an interview. I did not call until today cause I had to prepare and did not want to have an interview while I was trying to set up an appointment date.

Let us know how your interview goes, I'm curious how the interviews are conducted with different interviewers and the questions they ask.

Applied October...interviewed 2 weeks ago...put on a waiting list a week later...3.5 GPA, In-state, been working for Eckerds for a year now as a Tech...interview was a mess, really wish I had a translator to be honest...the man who interviewed me couldnt speak english...I must have said huh? excuse me? can you repeat that 1000 times...which is good enough reason to be waitlisted, guy prob thought there was something wrong with me...interview was no longer then 10 minutes....very rushed...advice to all dont schedule an interview around lunch time there hungry! and very angry at that point...interview is critical in my opinon major reason i was waitlisted...i believe who knows...oh well off to Boston in the fall goodluck to all!

Who did you have for your interview?