LECOM interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnwloving

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for some input from my peer group and medical students. At this point I've received 3 IIs, two of which are to LECOM. I'm pending invites/rejections from 14 other schools. After reading about LECOM, I see myself having a miserable time at either campus. Do I take the interviews or gun for IIs from my top choices?

Members don't see this ad.

Tough question. I'm not sure what your stats are and your confidence in you interviewing skills. I took every II that I got until I was accepted to at least one, from then on I was very deliberate about which II's I went to. Logically I would suggest going to the Interview because there is no guarantee that you will be accepted at the other two schools and no guarantee that you will be given additional II's. Having interviewed at Lecom, I will say that it was a horrid place and would have been miserable If I got into school there. I interviewed at Seton Hill, beautiful place but such a hole as far as facilities. Who knows, you might end up really liking it. If you have the financial means then go to the Interview. I tried to really enjoy my time out on the interview trail. It was awesome seeing new places, gaining new experiences, and meeting new people. Also some of the funniest times that I experienced while interviewing was at LECOM. Those group interviews can get awkward.

Reactions: 2 users
I already interviewed at LECOM-B. The campus was nice.
Faculty was great (the ones we met), very funny and honest
You can only do PBL there, which means you are not on campus as much and therefore the dress code and food policies don't impact you much.

I would go to at least one of the LECOM interviews. It is not half as bad as people say online. I was impressed. Before the interview, LECOM was going to be a back up only, after the interview its made its way to mid way up my list.
They also get some of the best board scores

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't turn down interviews if you're not sitting on acceptances. If you end up hating it, that's fine and nobody's going to force you to attend, but it would be a shame to miss out on an opportunity that might have worked out because you listened to internet rumors.

Reactions: 3 users
I went into this app season planning to go to every interview until I received and acceptance. I would then just go to the interviews for schools that ranked higher on my list than the school I was accepted to. I believe this is a good strategy.

I was fortunate to have been accepted to my top choice first and have cancelled my remaining II's.

Moral of the story: Don't be dumb and cancel II's until you have an acceptance in hand. Beggars can't be choosers. Once you have an acceptance you can start being selective on where you interview.

Last edited:
Also as a side note I enjoyed my time at both LECOM's!

Reactions: 2 users
also with Lecom do you have to mail out transcripts to them even after being verified on accomas? Same question with LOR? They were sent through accomas but is there another step to sending them to the schools?
Thanks for all your help

I am scheduled to interview on 10/16, Does admission email information in regards to meeting area or specifics?
Yeah the email will have all of the information that you'll need for your interview including airport and hotel info as well

also with Lecom do you have to mail out transcripts to them even after being verified on accomas? Same question with LOR? They were sent through accomas but is there another step to sending them to the schools?
Thanks for all your help
Unsure about transcripts. I am attending MSUCOM next year and I had to send them my transcripts after being accepted so I would assume LECOM would work the same way. To receive an interview you don't need anything besides your AACOMAS and secondary submitted. LECOM only wants your LOR's sent after you are selected for an interview (if you use Interfolio or Virtual Evals) unless you attached them to your AACOMAS

Hey all,

Looking for some input from my peer group and medical students. At this point I've received 3 IIs, two of which are to LECOM. I'm pending invites/rejections from 14 other schools. After reading about LECOM, I see myself having a miserable time at either campus. Do I take the interviews or gun for IIs from my top choices?

You'll have a miserable time in med school period, no matter where you go.

SDN is rich in other people's opinions but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up with the same outlook once you're done interviewing there.

I am scheduled to interview on 10/16, Does admission email information in regards to meeting area or specifics?

Me too but I'm not worried about that at all. You might want to check out the school specific thread on LECOM.

Don't turn down interviews if you're not sitting on acceptances. If you end up hating it, that's fine and nobody's going to force you to attend, but it would be a shame to miss out on an opportunity that might have worked out because you listened to internet rumors.
I agree with this completely. LECOM was low on my priority list, but it was the first interview invite I received and I flew out to Pennsylvania for it because I had no idea what the future would have in store for me. I ended up getting plenty of interview invites and got accepted into my dream school, but what if they had all rejected me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unsure about transcripts. I am attending MSUCOM next year and I had to send them my transcripts after being accepted so I would assume LECOM would work the same way. To receive an interview you don't need anything besides your AACOMAS and secondary submitted. LECOM only wants your LOR's sent after you are selected for an interview (if you use Interfolio or Virtual Evals) unless you attached them to your AACOMAS
thank you! And yes I did attached them through my accomas application. From what I understand it is bundled application sent to the school

Yeah the email will have all of the information that you'll need for your interview including airport and hotel info as well

the only thing I've gotten from the school is an email interview invite . I have scheduled the interview for the 10/16 but no further information thereafter ??
Should I just wait another week ?

I agree with this completely. LECOM was low on my priority list, but it was the first interview invite I received and I flew out to Pennsylvania for it because I had no idea what the future would have in store for me. I ended up getting plenty of interview invites and got accepted into my dream school, but what if they had all rejected me?
Did Lecom give you additional information on specifics of the interview? such as meeting location , or hotels?

Did Lecom give you additional information on specifics of the interview? such as meeting location , or hotels?

Dude, I remember somewhere in the II email or on the portal it says the details will be emailed a week or two before the Day.

Besides, what specifics do you need other than showing up on time at their admissions office?

Check out the LECOM specific thread.

I remember receiving an e-mail from them regarding when to meet, where to meet, and some local hotels that you can stay in. However, I do not remember when they sent the information. If you don't receive an e-mail from them in the next week, contact them.

I don't know anyone who hated their time at LECOM-B. A few saw that PBL wasn't a good fit and transferred...but it is a pretty benign experience. Clinical education is lacking...but the same can be said of practically all DO programs. I got a good clinical education but you have to put in a little bit more work than your MD counterparts.

I have heard negative reviews from people coming from LECOM-E...but beggars can't be choosers. I wouldn't turn down a chance to go to medical school.

Check the LECOM-specific thread.

Unless you're really pre-pharmacy and then it won't be helpful.
Do you know how they go by accepting a student ?? my GBA is very High, however pcat sores are low :(

Hey!
How long did it take for you to get the interview invite? I submitted on 8/23 and haven't heard anything :/

Go to all the interviews and do your best in them until you get accepted somewhere. Also, LECOM might have its flaws but it is still a bona fide American medical school.

Everything humanly has its flaws.

Go to all the interviews and do your best in them until you get accepted somewhere. Also, LECOM might have its flaws but it is still a bona fide American medical school.

Check the LECOM-specific thread.

Unless you're really pre-pharmacy and then it won't be helpful.
Hey so how long it take Lecom to send out their decision for pharmacy school after the interview ???

You're in the pre-med forum. I know nothing about the pharm program, other than that exists. Maybe there's a pharmacy or pre-pharmacy forum that could help. Good luck!