lecom living

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raj4444

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i got my acceptance to Lecom, and i'm pretty sure that's where i'll be going. I had to choose between it and MCPHS, and i'm pretty sure lecom is where i will be in september. Anyways, i need some help. I know i have to find an apartment, but the problem is that i have a dog. So, if anyone knows of any apartment complexes that allow pets, i would really appreciate the help. By the way, is anyone else planning on going to lecom this fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get it recently? I sent my application (with all classes completed and the PCAT) around mid-January. I haven?t heard a peep since then, including the two times that I called to check my application?s status. Both times the reply has been a quick ?between now and June, we?ll let you know?. If they are not planning on sending out my letter until June, then another spot on LECOM alternate list has opened up because I certainly don?t plan on going. I toyed with the idea of withdrawing my LECOM application, in an effort to get my app money back, but I finally decided to just forget about it, especially after my Midwestern acceptance came. I?m also waiting on two more that should come within the next 2 or 3 weeks. Good luck to those who are planning on attending. Hopefully their program is more structured than their application process (which is open until JUNE if anyone needs a last minute school). I?m just sorry that I wasted so much of my time on their essay.

Jd.
:rolleyes:

Hey..why did you choose lecom over mcphs? is this mcphs boston or worcester??
why?

Mcphs has a better name. there both 3 years schools, and their both about to receive accreditation.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone, i got my acceptance to Lecom, and i'm pretty sure that's where i'll be going.

Congratulations Raj444!! 3 yrs to go!! That sounds nice.

Congrats on your acceptance to LECOM!

I am not aware of any apartments in the area that allow pets. I suggest you spend a couple of days in the area looking for a place. Living generally is cheap in Erie, you should be able to find a really nice place for 600 or less. Just make sure you get some place close to the school.....

Wat to go Raj4444 :clap:
How many fours again?;)

How is $600 cheap?

I myself will not go to any school where i have to pay $600 for rent..though, i wouldn't mind a rat infested apartment...

why did i choose Lecom over mcphs??? don't know!! No, just kidding. Well there were a couple of reasons that i chose lecom. First, it was mcphs in boston, so a four year progam. Another reason is that it would be cheaper for me to go to lecom. Third, while it would have been great to be in boston, i kinda like the laid back, not so rushed atmosphere that i could get in a place like erie. Also, in Boston, it is damn near impossible to find an apartment that allows pets (i have a dog) :). Also, lecom is only a little more than 3 hours from toronto, where my girlfriend lives. Boston is like 9.5 hours. So, those are just some of the reasons. So, is there anyone else in here that is going to go to lecom?
Oh yeah, jdpharmd, I got my acceptance about a week and a half ago. Yeah they kept telling me anytime from now till june also, but I'm glad i got it sooner rather than later. I sent my application mid-january also, so hopefully you'll hear soon as well.

Thanks Raj, I didn't mean to knock the school (I applied there!) but they are driving me nuts. If my acceptance comes soon, expect to see it on EBAY, because I'm going to Midwestern. :)

Good Luck to all,

Jd

hye, i can understand the frustration. I mean june is kinda cutting it closer than most people would like, but i guess i can't complain about it anymore. Thank god. But good luck at midwestern.

congrats raj4444!!!

i noticed that lecom is still accepting apps til june?!? crazy. did they require pcats?

no, they were "optional"

Jd