Lecom or Samford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanstudent1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need help in deciding between samford and lecom. Samford is near my home in Alabama but Lecom is a 3 years program. I really want to graduate in 3 years. I'm only 20 but a year earlier is better. Please have input..thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

I heard Samford is a very nice school. Since you're only 20, why do you have to rush to finish it in 3 years? Just relax and enjoy it. You might want to travel Europe for a month in the summer (if not working) and do other activities that you enjoy. Just remember, after you are done with school, you might never have those summer breaks again. That's what one of my friends does. She traveled her first and second summer. I don't know if she will go anywhere this year.

You will have 40+ years to work, don't rush it :)

I interviewed at Samford today. I really hope I get accepted there b/c the school is great! I really liked it there b/c I didn't feel out of place with my southern accent.:laugh: I applied to South and I was hoping I would have to make a similar decision, but I haven't heard a word from South yet. I would really like to be done in 3 years, but a couple people that went to South said they still had to wait until December to take the rest of the boards b/c they didn't have enough hours of internship. Both of the people I know said that they just didn't have the time to do interns b/c of being in school all year round. Anyways, one of the girls just started her first "real" job in Feb. Good luck whatever you choose!! And thanks for the pm about Samford!