LECOM Pharmacy DE program Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heesha21

Reaction score
Are you applying to or have you been accepted to LECOM's distance program for the upcoming school year? Let's start a chat here and get to know each other!

I interviewed and was accepted in September, and have come across one other accepted member on SDN - hoping to find more and move to a private conversation, while keeping the application process convo public.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you applying to or have you been accepted to LECOM's distance program for the upcoming school year? Let's start a chat here and get to know each other!

I interviewed and was accepted in September, and have come across one other accepted member on SDN - hoping to find more and move to a private conversation, while keeping the application process convo public.

I think this is a good idea. I agree, it would be nice to meet more fellow students. I was accepted earlier this month. I created a Twitter account for the DE Class of 2023, the handle is @LDE2023 if anyone is interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview coming up soon. How has everyone’s application process gone?

Are you interviewing for the Distance program?
I think its just the regular program or else they would have said so? I honestly am not sure. What attracted you to LECOM in the first place? I haven't heard that much positive about it, however the program looks solid so I'm not sure why people are opposed to it so much. (other than not being able to have coffee in the classrooms lol)

I think its just the regular program or else they would have said so? I honestly am not sure. What attracted you to LECOM in the first place? I haven't heard that much positive about it, however the program looks solid so I'm not sure why people are opposed to it so much. (other than not being able to have coffee in the classrooms lol)

People will have positive and negative things to say about any school. At the end of the day, you have to do what best for you. But this thread is for people who have applied to the Distance Program that LECOM offers. If you applied for Erie or Florida, I believe there are threads on here where people can be more helpful and better answer your questions.

People will have positive and negative things to say about any school. At the end of the day, you have to do what best for you. But this thread is for people who have applied to the Distance Program that LECOM offers. If you applied for Erie or Florida, I believe there are threads on here where people can be more helpful and better answer your questions.
Oh okay! I didn't see one for Florida at all. I assumed you would have at least interviewed at the Florida campus.

Oh okay! I didn't see one for Florida at all. I assumed you would have at least interviewed at the Florida campus.
I interviewed for distance at bradenton. It started promptly - get there early, parking sucks. There was a group interview (take a position on a current topic and back it up). A similar essay, an individual interview, and lots of presentations. It was pretty low key. Good luck!

I interviewed for distance at bradenton. It started promptly - get there early, parking sucks. There was a group interview (take a position on a current topic and back it up). A similar essay, an individual interview, and lots of presentations. It was pretty low key. Good luck!
Thanks for replying to me. There were no other DE people at my interview however the admissions and dean were asking if anyone in the group was applying to DE, so I guess it wasn't so far fetched that I put a message on this board! Overall my experience was good with the faculty however the student panel for me was a little off and definitely is affecting my decision.

Do you think still there are some seats for distanced education?
When I had my interview last week different people asked if there were any DE people in the group, so maybe thats an indication they are still accepting some, even thought none we're present that day. Admissions said there are only 30-35 seats and that its a little more competitive. I just got my acceptance to the bradenton campus today however! I didn't consider DE myself.

When I had my interview last week different people asked if there were any DE people in the group, so maybe thats an indication they are still accepting some, even thought none we're present that day. Admissions said there are only 30-35 seats and that its a little more competitive. I just got my acceptance to the bradenton campus today however! I didn't consider DE myself.
Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
" LECOM Bradenton Class of 2023 - PharmD " lecom pharm class of 2023 official page

I'm applying if they'll accept me with summer classes.

I emailed to inquire, but no response yet. I'm retaking Bio I and I'll have Calc I left over summer.

Hi! I'm accepted to the DE program. Where is everyone? I'm in the Mojave Desert in southern CA. Has anyone received their financial aid letter yet?

Hi! I'm accepted to the DE program. Where is everyone? I'm in the Mojave Desert in southern CA. Has anyone received their financial aid letter yet?
Hi
I am accepted for the same program.
I didn't yet receive any of that. I was also wondering about the orientation program. Do you have any idea about the orientation program, where and how is it going to be??

And by the way, which part of India are you from?

Hi,
I am accepted for the distance Ed program at Lecom. How can I get access to the private chat roomb where we can talk to our fellow classmates.

There is a facebook group called
LECOM School Of Pharmacy DE C/O 2023
I believe it was mentioned there that orientation is supposed to be the second week of August. I haven't made travel plans yet, waiting to hear some confirmation from the school of exact times since I will have to fly there.
BTW I'm not from India, I'm in Southern California. Though I do enjoy naan, roti, raita and a good saag now and then. ;)

Oh, for some reason I misread your profile name as ' PharmIndia'. Sorry about that.

I sent a request to join that group on Facebook. So.. Just waiting for their approval.

I had heard that the orientation will be in Florida, but wonder why we didn't get any official notification from LECOM yet.

Are you done with all your pre requisites??
There is a facebook group called
LECOM School Of Pharmacy DE C/O 2023
I believe it was mentioned there that orientation is supposed to be the second week of August. I haven't made travel plans yet, waiting to hear some confirmation from the school of exact times since I will have to fly there.
BTW I'm not from India, I'm in Southern California. Though I do enjoy naan, roti, raita and a good saag now and then. ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys! Welcome to lecom !! I’m a P2 here at the Bradenton campus. Feel free to ask me any questions and or study guides or any info pertaining to classes. Easy / hard classes or just advice period

Hey guys! Welcome to lecom !! I’m a P2 here at the Bradenton campus. Feel free to ask me any questions and or study guides or any info pertaining to classes. Easy / hard classes or just advice period
Hi
It's nice of you to offer such a help.

We haven't yet received any notification about the orientation, when should we expect the orientation to be??
What do you suggest we should start studying in preparation of the P1?

I am in the distance education pathway. What advice do you have for me?? Do you have friends from the DE pathway??

Goliyonwali, yes, I had no prereqs to do, did them all many years ago. By now you've probably received the email about the Pre-Matriculation success program. I am assuming that will show us what we need to brush up on, if anything.
Oh, for some reason I misread your profile name as ' PharmIndia'. Sorry about that.

I sent a request to join that group on Facebook. So.. Just waiting for their approval.

I had heard that the orientation will be in Florida, but wonder why we didn't get any official notification from LECOM yet.

Goliyonwali, yes, I had no prereqs to do, did them all many years ago. By now you've probably received the email about the Pre-Matriculation success program. I am assuming that will show us what we need to brush up on, if anything.

Hi
It's nice of you to offer such a help.

We haven't yet received any notification about the orientation, when should we expect the orientation to be??
What do you suggest we should start studying in preparation of the P1?

I am in the distance education pathway. What advice do you have for me?? Do you have friends from the DE pathway??
Orientation for us was the first week of August. I’m not sure but I would guess that it would be around the same time. If you haven’t received anything yet I’m sure it’ll be coming soon. I would say get a jump start on learning the top 300 drugs. The class and brand/generic names. A lot of my classmates worked in a pharmacy so it was easier for them but I never had so I had to stay on top bc we had a quiz every week on the different list. I would also say to mentally prepare because on top of all the quizzes and other supplements we have tests EVERY Monday. Each class alternated on testing mondays. The hardest class to me was A&P first semester. If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask. Sorry for the late response

Hi
Can you tell me how the class schedule for DE students would be like??

I remember someone had told about it live classes we may have for some days off the week. I wanted to know more about that.
Orientation for us was the first week of August. I’m not sure but I would guess that it would be around the same time. If you haven’t received anything yet I’m sure it’ll be coming soon. I would say get a jump start on learning the top 300 drugs. The class and brand/generic names. A lot of my classmates worked in a pharmacy so it was easier for them but I never had so I had to stay on top bc we had a quiz every week on the different list. I would also say to mentally prepare because on top of all the quizzes and other supplements we have tests EVERY Monday. Each class alternated on testing mondays. The hardest class to me was A&P first semester. If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask. Sorry for the late response

Hey, how are you doing?
Can you tell about the particular that would be covered in the first two months?
We are given the pre -matriculation success program, but not sure how that will help. The quizzes have too many clinical questions from the topics that are not even covered in the videos. But I am sure there is lot of mind invested to design that, so probably will be of some help.

Still wanted to know about the specific coursework that will be covered in the first two months, and the reference material that we should study. Any lecture videos that can be helpful?

I am working on the top 300 drugs list. I hope I will be able to memorize good portion of that.

Truly appreciate your help.
Thanks

Regards,
Goliyonwali

Hi everyone,

I just got my invitation email for DE program. I sent them a confirmation email that i will be attending and when I went back to the portal to schedule my interview the dropdown was gone . does anyone know why? I'm so confused. Before I sent them a confirmation email, I had options to choose the interview date but the dropdown is completely gone now.

Hi everyone,

I just got my invitation email for DE program. I sent them a confirmation email that i will be attending and when I went back to the portal to schedule my interview the dropdown was gone . does anyone know why? I'm so confused. Before I sent them a confirmation email, I had options to choose the interview date but the dropdown is completely gone now.

did you hear back from them?

I have an interview coming up, but unsure what I think about a distance pathway. Do you see potential future employers looking at it negatively?

I have a Virtual Interview coming up, wondering how this will be. Anyone on here with info on the (P2)IPPE for the DE program?
Thanks