LECOM Post-Bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Are you essentially guaranteed admission into the program the next cycle?

2. When does the application period start for people who want to enter the LECOM program fall 2014?

3. When do they usually let you know their decision/how long do you have to accept?

4. Do all prerequisites have to be completed by the time you enter?

Members don't see this ad.

1- if you maintain a 3.0 gpa in the program and 24+ mcat you will have a guarantee acceptance , unless you do bad in the interview ..
2-the deadline it's August 1 , for classes that begin in September so I think you have to apply before that date
3-sorry I don't know but I don't think it may take months thou
4-yes , a bachelor degree it's required & all pre req
Also DO (just in case you don't know) post bacc's don't do grade replacement . There is no gpa req . I have read threads ppl accepted with 2.9, 3.0, 3.3 .....

Last edited:
1- if you maintain a 3.0 gpa in the program and 24+ mcat you will have a guarantee acceptance , unless you do bad in the interview ..
2-the deadline it's August 1 , for classes that begin in September so I think you have to apply before that date
Also DO (just in case you don't know) post bacc's don't do grade replacement . There is no gpa req . I have read threads ppl accepted with 2.9, 3.0, 3.3 .....

Agreed for everything but the last line. The LECOM minimum GPA requirement is a 2.7. That goes for the DO program and the post-bac, but like you mentioned the post-bac doesn't use grade replacement.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did they change it from a 23+

Did they change it from a 23+

In their website it says 23 but I have read somewhere in here that with 24+ you will have better Chances . .. Also I just read that it takes weeks for them to make a decision up to 3 or 4 weeks .. I'm giving you the link of that thread read it it's really helpful :
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=979989

At the thread I gave you go to page 3 there is a user mentioning you can email her if you have any question ( she did her post bacc at lecom ) email her .