LECOM post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtoor

~~fUtUrE_MD_or_DO~~
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i did not get into LECOM osteopathic school, but they mailed me the acceptance letter into their post bacc program information. Does that mean that if i finish their post bacc, then am i 100% guarantee to go on to their DO program?

Let me know

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing that's guaranteed to you in the LECOM post bac program is that if you successfully complete the first semester, you will be guaranteed an interview with the DO school.
With that said, if you can maintain a 3.0 GPA or better, and you have an MCAT of 20+ (you're really better off with a score of over 22), then you stand an excellent chance of acceptance to either campus (Erie or Bradenton).

Members don't see this ad :)
hello everyone,

i did not get into LECOM osteopathic school, but they mailed me the acceptance letter into their post bacc program information. Does that mean that if i finish their post bacc, then am i 100% guarantee to go on to their DO program?

Let me know

THANKS

Did you apply seperate from the Med school or did you also fill out a post bacc application. I would like to know because I applied to LECOM but not the post bac program and was about start the post bac application

I dont know if this will help anyone applying, or starting, at LECOM in the post bacc program...but, I am finishing my post bacc program there. After having done this program, I can't imagine going to medical school without it! I would've probably flunked out. We learn so much material and the anatomy, micro, pathology and so on will be EXTREMELY helpful in the upcoming years. We had several other classes, but these are generally killers in med school, so I hear. I was granted an interview and most of the post baccs get in. I have talked to many old post baccs that are 3rd years etc. and they said that while alot of 1st and 2nd year students were struggling, they were fine because they had more background. I know there are alot of threads about LECOM, but they have been super great to me so far.:thumbup: