LECOM reputation??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorE2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my deposit for LECOM but lateley I've been hearing some negative comments about LECOM and am starting to worry a bit. I'm not concerned with the dress code/rules...more so with the overall reputation and quality of the school, residency matches, and respect from the medical community. Anyone have any info/ insight to this???

Members don't see this ad.

doctorE2010 said:
I sent in my deposit for LECOM but lateley I've been hearing some negative comments about LECOM and am starting to worry a bit. I'm not concerned with the dress code/rules...more so with the overall reputation and quality of the school, residency matches, and respect from the medical community. Anyone have any info/ insight to this???

Ive been told they have a good reputation as far as education goes. The things I didnt like about the school... the same things I hear a lot of others complaining about, are the things like the dress code, and mandatory classes and no food in the classrooms and stuff.

I think their match list is good compared to other match lists I've seen, meaning there are many people specializing in EM, Rads, and even orthopedics. Granted, the point of DO schools is to send people into primary care, but I like how LECOM offers other choices if I choose to go that way. I know 4 students who went there or are currently there and heard they would pick it again if given other choices. I really don't know what you are referring to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found the 2004 match list summery from the Class thread:

Breakdown of Programs
Traditional Rotating - 51
Family Practice - 31
Internal Medicine - 27
General Surgery - 12
Obstetrics - Gynecology - 12
Anesthesiology - 10
Emergency Medicine - 10
Pediatrics - 8
Phys. Medicine & Rehab - 3