LECOM...rotation site question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjsmalls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

This question is for any LECOM student who is currently or who has recently been on rotations. I am a LECOM OMSI. How likely is it that I could get all of my rotations in one location (Pittsburgh region)? I know it is a lottery-type system, where what group you are in matters most. Has anyone completed all of their rotations in this area? I would like to do them all as close to downtown as possible, but I understand that there are some sites a little farther away in areas like Sharon.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

jjsmalls said:
Hi.

This question is for any LECOM student who is currently or who has recently been on rotations. I am a LECOM OMSI. How likely is it that I could get all of my rotations in one location (Pittsburgh region)? I know it is a lottery-type system, where what group you are in matters most. Has anyone completed all of their rotations in this area? I would like to do them all as close to downtown as possible, but I understand that there are some sites a little farther away in areas like Sharon.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!
It really depends on how well the people in your rotation group works together. When you fill out your "wish list" for rotation to determine the groups just make yourself a priority Pittsburgh area. That way you get to pick that area first in your group. There will probably be 3-4 priority Pitt people in your group (out of 15) so you would have to work it out among those others in your group. You cannot expect to get all of your "top" choices because everyone has to work together since there are only so many choices in any area but you should be able to get the majority in Pitt. I was the "group leader" for my group and I would say that over 2 years of rotations I would say that everyone got approx 95% of what they wanted.

You must know that there are certain sites all over PA that are required to be filled by someone from each rotation group for each rotation. What we did in our group was everyone had to do at least one required to make it fair. It may mean doing one month at Millcreek or Sharon or Ohio etc but usually it all works out.

LECOM 2006

I did most of my rotations in Pittsburgh, but I had to go to Wheeling for a couple rotations. I don't think anyone in my class ended up in Pittsburgh for every rotation. You should be able to get the majority of your rotations there (if your group can get along well).