LECOM Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a couple quick questions. i tried to post them on another continuing entry and could not get anyone to answer. On the LECOm secondary they require a few things I cant figure out. First is ACT/SAT scores. I have no official record and forgot my scores. Do I need to hunt these down or are they really necessary? Also, on there student waiver to access of LOR They ask you to "type" you name on the first line. Since it is in booklet, do we really need to type it? How shoudl I go about these things. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Ausmil said:
I just had a couple quick questions. i tried to post them on another continuing entry and could not get anyone to answer. On the LECOm secondary they require a few things I cant figure out. First is ACT/SAT scores. I have no official record and forgot my scores. Do I need to hunt these down or are they really necessary? Also, on there student waiver to access of LOR They ask you to "type" you name on the first line. Since it is in booklet, do we really need to type it? How shoudl I go about these things. Thanks so much!

with regards to the ACT/SAT score...try going to your old high school and request your high school transcript, your scores should be on them. i don't know much about lecom secondaries..but good luck! :)

Ausmil said:

You can call the college board and they will tell/mail you the scores. As for whether they are necessary or not I do not know.

I printed the application off the web before I received it in the mail and I plan to use a typewriter to fill it out. I guess that you can do the same with the booklet.

Members don't see this ad :)
bigfatk said:
You can call the college board and they will tell/mail you the scores. As for whether they are necessary or not I do not know.

I printed the application off the web before I received it in the mail and I plan to use a typewriter to fill it out. I guess that you can do the same with the booklet.

The problem is that I dont really want my ACT scores on there. I do not remember the exact score, but it was barely high enough to get me into the school I wanted. Also, There is no way to type without ripping it out of the packet?

I just printed my name even through it said to type it. I do not have access to a typewriter, and as you said you would have to rip the booklet. I guess we'll see if they really care, I am still waiting on one LOR.

Ausmil said:
The problem is that I dont really want my ACT scores on there. I do not remember the exact score, but it was barely high enough to get me into the school I wanted. Also, There is no way to type without ripping it out of the packet?

not really sure why they ask about the score. but if you did poorly on the act and did well in your undergrad i don't think you should worry. it's all about improvement. :thumbup:

I just neatly printed everything. Don't worry about using a typewriter! Also you should include the SAT/ACT scores if they ask for them.

Just wanted to get a census, how long are your essays? Did you limit yourself to the lines or did you write an epic? :)

Just wanted to get a census, how long are your essays? Did you limit yourself to the lines or did you write an epic? :)

I limited myself to the lines. I also handwrote it neatly, because typing seemed like waaay too much work. I have a smallish handwriting, so it was fine.

As for the other questions, I put my SAT scores on there, and I think they were the right ones. Also, FWIW, when I ripped out the pages for the rec. letters, the rest of the booklet falls apart. If memory serves correctly, it was serated pages, so they're supposed to be pulled apart. And none of this seemed to hurt me because I got both LECOM interviews.

Thanks music!

Seriously though, I bet they just want those SAT#'s for statistical purposes. Like they're going to go to the trouble of verifying that! Mine are 10+ years old!

does anyone know how long it takes before you're complete at LECOM?