LECOM vs. MCPHS-Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yo21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to make a decision between these two schools. Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated.

Keep in mind:

LECOM School of Pharmacy overall tuition, room, board, and everything else is calculated to be:
$ 42, 210 + 40, 910 + 37, 585 = $ 120 705

For MCPHS-Worcester is:

49,950 X 3 = $ 149 850

I'll be saving more than $ 25, 000 by attending LECOM. This is a big difference in debt (money) to have to repay back from the loans (plus interest).

Worcester is really close to Boston (awesome)..Erie, PA have not idea where it is lol.......

I have never visited LECOM....If anybody goes to school here or has visited LECOM (erie).......it would be really nice to hear any "feedbacks" and oppinions.....

I really appreciate your time, and support.

Thanks...

Sincerely,

Yo21

Members don't see this ad.

This is strictly a personal opinion, but from what I know I would go to MCPHS. I've heard some not-so-great things about both schools but overall, MCPHS has a better program. Well worth the extra money (assuming your figures are correct!)

Good luck making a decision.

I visited LECOM last year. One thing I didn't like was that their whole school consists of one building in the middle of residential area. It's about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh and Cleveland but there is not much else to do in Erie besides the lake. (perhaps you will be motivated to study more!!) You probably should visit both before making a decision. Cost of living there is really cheap too. One other thing to note is that its just an DO and PharmD school. No undergrads, etc. Good luck making a decision!