SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LECOM wait list-is there a chance?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by leftygrl, Jun 19, 2000.

1. leftygrl

leftygrl Junior Member

Jun 18, 2000
    New York, NY
    Quick question, was anyone wait listed for
    LECOM? What are the chances of getting in?
    I haven't heard from them yet, is it a lost cause?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. rowerman

rowerman Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Call and ask for updates. As far as I know, the class has been full for a while with little movement. Good luck though.

4. leftygrl

leftygrl Junior Member

Jun 18, 2000
    New York, NY
    Thanks rowerman. Should I send some kind of letter to them to show that I'm still very interested?

5. alpha1phi

alpha1phi Member 10+ Year Member

May 11, 2000
    Michigan
    I was also wait-listed at LECOM and called a week or so ago. They told me that the class is full - and has been for some time (as rowerman said). If they have people give up their seats - then they will go back and take people off the alternate list. I am doubting that many people will be taken off the list at this point - but you never know! You could be the first one they call!! As for me - I am going to DMU! Best of Luck

6. Howdy

Howdy Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 21, 2000
    Erie, PA, USA
    I think they will take people off the list as need be through the second week of August.

7. leftygrl

leftygrl Junior Member

Jun 18, 2000
    New York, NY
    Hey, has anyone heard anything from LECOM yet?

Any past experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks

8. rowerman

rowerman Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Keep trying! Never give up hope. You've been wait-listed which means you're qualified, just that space is tight. Let them know how much you want in, write a letter. Good luck.

9. leftygrl

leftygrl Junior Member

Jun 18, 2000
    New York, NY
    Once again thanks! Do you think its a good idea to have both professional and personal letters of reference sent at this point in time?

10. cet

cet Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 25, 1999
    i received a phone call and a letter late last week from LECOM stating that i am at the top of the alternate list and i should be receiveing my official acceptance this week. now i am just scrambling to find a place to live that takes dogs :) if you have any other questions, please ask.

11. Howdy

Howdy Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 21, 2000
    Erie, PA, USA
    Cet,
    There are two places in Erie that accept pets. Modern Tool and Lovell Place. Congratulations on your upcoming acceptance!

12. studentdoctorBUCHA

studentdoctorBUCHA New Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Erie, PA
    i am a PBL student at LECOM and i know that right now the admissions office is trying to figure out who they are inviting from the wait list. It is true that they can call you anytime up until the 2nd week of august, so if you really want to come just keep bugging them and be ready for anything. Any other questions, just give me an email. [email protected]

13. leftygrl

leftygrl Junior Member

Jun 18, 2000
    New York, NY
    Thanks for all the replies....I still haven't heard anything but is there any chance this late in the game? Someone mentioned that there are only 50 spots on the list. Does anyone know how many have filled up since June?

14. lecomdo

lecomdo Junior Member

Apr 20, 2000
    There should be a spot opening immediately in the lecture-based pathway. Good luck.

15. cholecalciferol

cholecalciferol Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2000
    How do you know this? and who is giving up their seat?

16. lecomdo

lecomdo Junior Member

Apr 20, 2000