led vs halogen microscope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravisingh007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
many people complain about bluish tinge in led microscope.eyerything appears a little bluish.your comments

Members don't see this ad.

The newer ones are color balanced. They must be referring to the Nikon 1st generation LEDs that were blue. However, I think there's a switch for a neutral density filter that will make that tinge go away. Olympus to my knowledge doesn't have that problem.

Someone showed me Olympus cx21i.may be higher models be good

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump... anyone have any further input about Halogen VS LED? which do you like better? Is one better for your eyes?

Bump... anyone have any further input about Halogen VS LED? which do you like better? Is one better for your eyes?
LED is far superior, especially if you have to look at cases for many hours throughout the work day. So much easier on the eyes. I love my LED scope. It's a Nikon. Highly recommend it.

LED is far superior, especially if you have to look at cases for many hours throughout the work day. So much easier on the eyes. I love my LED scope. It's a Nikon. Highly recommend it.
Great, I thought that’s what people were going to say, Thanks both of you.