Left med school & thinking about coming back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dangermouse

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am 29; I left med school at the end of my 3rd year, being completely burnt out. I had passed the Step 1, but due to many personal issues, needed the out or I would have completely imploded. After about 1.2 years, I've thought a good deal about things, and I am seriously considering coming back. The key issue before was my absolute inability to concentrate due to the many personal things I was dealing with. My life has changed a lot and is quite improved. Since I wasn't kicked out of my school, any thoughts on my chances of getting back in??? Or in applying to other schools, my chances of getting in there?? I went to an Allo Med School in US....that shall remain nameless....
 
Hi I am 29; I left med school at the end of my 3rd year, being completely burnt out. I had passed the Step 1, but due to many personal issues, needed the out or I would have completely imploded. After about 1.2 years, I've thought a good deal about things, and I am seriously considering coming back. The key issue before was my absolute inability to concentrate due to the many personal things I was dealing with. My life has changed a lot and is quite improved. Since I wasn't kicked out of my school, any thoughts on my chances of getting back in??? Or in applying to other schools, my chances of getting in there?? I went to an Allo Med School in US....that shall remain nameless....

You haven't been gone that long. You can't get reinstated by your previous school?
 
I think your first step has to be to talk to your previous school. What is your status with them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you apply again, be sure to advertise that you aren't a quitter. Cite many experiences from your past during which you persevered over personal issues/hardship.:idea: