Length between pre-req's and med school question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

megansanny

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

This may be an obvious question with an obvious answer, but I can't seem to find a set answer. How long is too long between pre-req's and medical school? Is there an exact amount of years between the pre-req's and medical school that will require me to retake the classes? I am going on 5 years from general chemistry and about four from most of the others, as I am a non-traditional student with a Master's in something else. Help me please, or direct me to a website where these timelines are spelled out!