Length of time CIII - CV Scripts are valid for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bulldog1123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title pretty much sums it up. I recently heard from two pharmacists who are adamant that the law now states that CIII through V scripts do not expire like CII. I live in Georgia and going through the "Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia" I keep finding that a CIII - V script is only valid for 6 months or 5 refills like I was taught in Pharm Law.

http://rules.sos.ga.gov/nllxml/georgiacodesGetcv.aspx?urlRedirected=yes&data=admin&lookingfor=480-22

Is there something I am missing or have the statutes changes and I'm simply researching the old ones. Does federal law in this matter supersede state and its federal law that claims CIII - V don't expire? The fact that two different pharmacists on two different days brought up the same point has me doubting myself.