Lenox Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohbee gin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've searched through the archives and no reviews on Lenox Hill. A PD at another program cited it as an example of a malignant program after I mentioned I had applied there. Any word if this is true? I know many NY hospitals require you to do your own blood draws, etc. but is that really what makes a program malignant. I'm not afraid to draw my own bloodwork.

J

Members don't see this ad.

ohbee gin said:
Hi All,

I've searched through the archives and no reviews on Lenox Hill. A PD at another program cited it as an example of a malignant program after I mentioned I had applied there. Any word if this is true? I know many NY hospitals require you to do your own blood draws, etc. but is that really what makes a program malignant. I'm not afraid to draw my own bloodwork.

J
well i applied there got intervew i had to cancel. i heard very rich hospital lots of private patients they will not allow you to touch their patients so you will not get much experience. good luck

anyone else have any info on this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends fiancee is a residency in NYC he knows a girl at lenox hill, from what he's told her it's malignant... I don't know this for sure .. just rumors.

ohbee gin said:
Hi All,

J

It isn't a matter of being afraid to draw your own bloodwork it is a matter of being tied up drawing blood work rather than doing things that actually contribute to your education, like surgery.

I did interview there. It seems that the residents are "labor" for the hospital. I don't mind working hard but they seemed to work more than they sleep and have little time for family outside of work. Also, I was told it would be pretty hard to get an REI spot leaving the program. The Prog Dir and Chairman seemed like great people though. Good luck with your decision.