Less than 2 weeks before my DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyosborne

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for the past 4 months, I've been studying for the DAT. And I don't mean intense studying. There were days where I'd study almost all day. And some where I wouldn't at all. In fact, the majority of that time I didn't study. I've been focusing on my undergrad classes right now (I'm a junior). I've been using DAT bootcamp religiously but I purchased DAT destroyer and barely touched it. I'm taking the DAT in less than 2 weeks. Luckily, my spring break falls a week just before my exam. My practice test scores aren't that great and I'm freaking out. I can't reschedule my test because there are no available spots left. The best time I could reschedule it is in April. But I feel like that won't help me very much. I have a 4.0 GPA so I do know the material. But I can't tell if I'm just extremely discouraged or I actually really don't know the material. Help?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Simple rule: don't take it if you are not ready.

Your GPA means nothing. Your practice scores are not great for your standards; you are not ready.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Why wouldn't rescheduling to April help you out? It would give you extra time to study and prepare yourself. I would highly recommend you to also use your purchased resources in that time, mainly DAT Destroyer since you have not touched it yet. This will really build on the foundation knowledge that you already have and get you more familiar with DAT style questions.

In short, i agree that you should only take the DAT when you feel ready to do so and are confident in your knowledge.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a great decision to postpone.
Only take the DAT when you are ready.

That was a good idea to postpone if you didn't feel ready! One of the best ways to build confidence is taking as many practice exams as you can. That way you have a better estimate of what score you'll get, and also the act of answering questions will help you improve and be more familiar with the question types you may be asked. Good luck to you!

So for the past 4 months, I've been studying for the DAT. And I don't mean intense studying. There were days where I'd study almost all day. And some where I wouldn't at all. In fact, the majority of that time I didn't study. I've been focusing on my undergrad classes right now (I'm a junior). I've been using DAT bootcamp religiously but I purchased DAT destroyer and barely touched it. I'm taking the DAT in less than 2 weeks. Luckily, my spring break falls a week just before my exam. My practice test scores aren't that great and I'm freaking out. I can't reschedule my test because there are no available spots left. The best time I could reschedule it is in April. But I feel like that won't help me very much. I have a 4.0 GPA so I do know the material. But I can't tell if I'm just extremely discouraged or I actually really don't know the material. Help?
Word of advice: Reschedule and focus on doing questions on DATDestroyer and PATBooster for the PAT. If you've been using Bootcamp "religiously" for 4 months and you're still not getting results, you're probably wasting your time and money at this point.

Best of luck!
xoxo