Let's Play "Rate This Anesthesiologist's Technique"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

URGettingSleepy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
<Post removed.>

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with handling a clean LMA w/o gloves. The device is steam sterilized to decontaminate from the prior case. The pharynx it will be inserted into is anything but clean, therefore there is no reason for the anesthesiologist to practice sterile technique. Besides, the gloves they are wearing aren't sterile. They are a barrier to protect the providers from the patient's secretions.

I'm starting to question your true identity as a casual "layperson". You seem to have taken a very quick interest into the inner workings of anesthesiology, questioning technique.

I'm thinking lawyer.

Bertelman,

I summarized my interest in anesthesiology in this thread which I started yesterday. Really...would someone out on a witch hunt go to the trouble of fabricating that story and then take the time to write it out in a lengthy post? Actually, I was quite complimentary of anesthesiologists and the science of anesthesiology. It's just that I found the YouTube clip and was curious as to what those trained in the field would have to say about it.

Granted, there's not much else I can do if you don't believe that there are people like me who aren't trained in medicine but nonetheless have an interest in the procedures and techniques of anesthesiology and medicine in general.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bertelman,

I summarized my interest in anesthesiology in this thread which I started yesterday. Really...would someone out on a witch hunt go to the trouble of fabricating that story and then take the time to write it out in a lengthy post? Actually, I was quite complimentary of anesthesiologists and the science of anesthesiology. It's just that I found the YouTube clip and was curious as to what those trained in the field would have to say about it.

Granted, there's not much else I can do if you don't believe that there are people like me who aren't trained in medicine but nonetheless have an interest in the procedures and techniques of anesthesiology and medicine in general.

Don't worry, I saw your other thread.

1) Yes, someone would go to the trouble of fabricating a story. That is the essence of a troll.

2) These often begin with compliments or quasi-inside information, to foster friendship and commonalities.

3) No, there's not much you can do to prove otherwise, aside from sitting idle for a while.

Your original post wasn't terribly suspicious, but this one is a little more suspect. Am I to believe an engineer has hours to scour the countless videos on YouTube to present one to this forum for review? I'm training to become one, and I'll tell you those bore the $hit outta me.

You can express interest without doing so in minutiae. If you are an engineer, it would be like me posting a video of engineers at work, asking you to comment on whether calculator technique (or model of pencil) is appropriate for the task.

Well, for the good of this forum, I've removed my original post, as there's no need for others to have to weed through flame wars like this when trying to seek information here.

My intent for the thread I started yesterday was to seek information regarding anesthesia from a group of individuals who know a heck of a lot more about the topic than I do. As such, I apologize to those who might not have appreciated this second thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.