Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Does anyone know how these 3 yr pharmacy schools rank in respect to each other??

MCPHS, USN, UOP

i think::

MCPH>USN>UOP

anyone else??

Smilescali

Almost there...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2004
Beach Land
Status
Pharmacist
Comet208 said:
Does anyone know how these 3 yr pharmacy schools rank in respect to each other??

MCPHS, USN, UOP

i think::

MCPH>USN>UOP

anyone else??
They are all good schools. However, I too have a favorite. :)

OP
Comet208

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Smilescali said:
They are all good schools. However, I too have a favorite. :)

I know we may all have our own biases and favorites, but i am curious to know gradutes of which program would have better shots for residencies and hospital employment. OR, is the school not important at all in that regard?

nsxiboi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
Socal
Status
Pharmacy Student
why would ranking matter? As long as you get a pharmD degree, you can practice anywhere you'd like.

TyrannosaurusRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
nsxiboi said:
why would ranking matter? As long as you get a pharmD degree, you can practice anywhere you'd like.
haha... your icon's hilarious. :laugh:

akamplace

10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
I wont be attending a 3 year but i think USN

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
Does it really matter how anybody on here arbitrarily rates them? Do any of you actually have enough experience with all of these school to be able to rate them? That's the problem with all of this "rating" nonsense. Unless we start comparing NAPLEX scores, it's all biased crap, period.

calipharming

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
UOP's got to be the best of the 3...not because it's the only one of the 3 ranked in the top 50. It's because UOP is located in California. :D

nightcrawleRx

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status
Pharmacist
Does it really matter how anybody on here arbitrarily rates them? Do any of you actually have enough experience with all of these school to be able to rate them? That's the problem with all of this "rating" nonsense. Unless we start comparing NAPLEX scores, it's all biased crap, period.
I like your style, straight and to the point...the problem is that nobody seems to get this idea. By next week there will most likely be a bunch of new threads about picking a school or which one is better. How the f*** does anyone compare schools that they don't attend or know nothing about? To make matters worse, most people seem to believe every thing they hear on SDN and a lot is, as you say, "biased crap". Go to each school, take a look around, meet with current students, learn the area, look up stats, etc.

pmp85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Dirty Jersey
Status
Pharmacist
I could not agree more--actually, couldn't have said it any better myself.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
That stupid US News ranking that's floating around out there uses roughly the same rating system as this thread. That just makes it worse because people like to assume that lists made by a company named US News and World Report are right and take it as gospel.

I remember Butler was rated higher than WVU on one of those lists, yet Butler's Dean left to be the Dean at WVU. What does that tell you? Those lists are complete crap, that's what.