Let's talk about pharmacist interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope people here are interested in this topic.

what typical interview questions have you met for staff/clinical pharmacist in hospital?

I had experience in community when I apply interns, but have no clue about hospital.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

They ask the typical interview questions. Plus the typical hospital questions....Why this institution? Why not retail? You get paid more!

They'll likely ask about your skills...I didn't go through that because I was on rotation there a few months earlier. Some make candidate take competency quizzes.

Members don't see this ad :)
depends on location and demand, retail is hectic, customers would yell at you, and you stand all day long with little break time, do you really want to stand 8 hours a day? with little time to eat, and you have to constantly double check everything your pharmacy techs do, its just more work than hospital, there are hospitals jobs that pay more than retail if you can find it

that is what i know from researching

They ask the typical interview questions. Plus the typical hospital questions....Why this institution? Why not retail? You get paid more!

They'll likely ask about your skills...I didn't go through that because I was on rotation there a few months earlier. Some make candidate take competency quizzes.

General interview questions are fair. But I will be scared to face technical questions. What competency quiz is like? I am going to have a staff pharmacist interview in hospital. How should I be prepared?

depends on location and demand, retail is hectic, customers would yell at you, and you stand all day long with little break time, do you really want to stand 8 hours a day? with little time to eat, and you have to constantly double check everything your pharmacy techs do, its just more work than hospital, there are hospitals jobs that pay more than retail if you can find it

that is what i know from researching

It is the truth. But I don't feel comfortable to answer in the interview that I choose hospital just because I don't want to deal with customers and insurance companies and have no breaks for over ten hours. I think I choose hospital is because, in hospital, I can apply more what I learned in school to the real practice than community and I can keep my clinical knowledge updated, which is best for my career development