Let's talk Kansas, esp. in state stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FatPalomino

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys (and girls!)

I'm thinking about moving to Kansas, esp. for the vet school.
Can ya'll give me your GPA stats of http://www.vet.ksu.edu/admit/requirements.htm the pre-reqs and GRE scores? I'm in the middle, or so I think.

Any extra good or bad info about Kansas I should know? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, if they don't immediately pick you for an interview, they make you sit and wait (hearing nothing) rather than mailing out a rejection letter, because they get paid by the head (of the student). not very professional (not even a letter to let you know your application is complete; you have to call to find out). the midwest....sigh.

I loved K-State. I was accepted, but turned them down due to high out of state tuition. I did have a friend though that was a KS resident (who had outstanding stats) and she got waitlisted, to be accepted right away at OK-State. And with the huge number of out of state people accepted at Kansas State, it may be to your advantage to just stay where you are (although then you'd have that high tuition problem).

My GPA was about a 3.85 and my GRE was a 800Q, 560V, 4A. I didn't realize that K-State will convert that analytical to a score out of 800, so that makes my total (for KSU) to be an 1893 total. Let me know if you want anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey now, the midwest is not all like Kansas! Anyways, I agree, Kansas should let people know what's up with their app, but other than that, the people there were VERY nice. Had Kansas not been so far away, I would have had some serious thinking to do!

I am out of state. had a 3.5, an 760 Q and a 540 V and a 5.5 A. I was accepted and really really liked the school and people, but it was too far.

I am a Kansas resident and was accepted this year. If you are a Kansas resident it will increase your chances of acceptance substantially (my opinion). Here are my stats (I had two classmates also accepted this year and have comparable stats):

Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.95
Last 45 hours: 4.0
Vet school prerequisites: 4.0
GRE: 760 Quant, 450 Verbal, 4.5 Analytical (according to KSU this would be a 1860)

A lot of this year's out-of-state applicants are a little pissy with K-State because freak weather caused interviews to get jacked up and the fact that KSU has not communicated well with applicants either. However, KSU is a great school in a great community and I think that this year's fiasco is just an anomaly (my opinion).

Adios.

Hi guys,
How do you convert your GRE scores to the way Kansas looks at them?

I've been there twice so far and was really impressed. I wished I got to spend some time shadowing the doctors and students but, I've seen some of their recent grads and really like them.

Take your analytical score and divide by 6, then multiply by 800. Then add to your Q & V scores.

EDIT: At least that's how I did it, but I can't get agr1365's result that way. I'm probably wrong.

This is how I did it...not sure if its how K-State does it or not? Just seems logical to me. C'mon RazorDoc...you got the 800 on the quantitative...you should have this math **** licked...LOL:)

0=200
1=300
2=400
3=500
4=600
5=700
6=800

4.5=650
So, 450+760+650=1860

This is how I did it...not sure if its how K-State does it or not? Just seems logical to me. C'mon RazorDoc...you got the 800 on the quantitative...you should have this math **** licked...LOL:)

LOL...I would have never thought of that sweet little trick...I'm a little too eager for the math I guess!

Nice trick Agr1365, but they do it the way RazorDoc said at least that's what they told the Pre-Vet Club. So 4.5 = 600 but still impressive!

FatPalomino:
I didn't apply out of state, but I really do love KSU. The faculty are very nice and easy to talk to. Minus the crazy weather we have had so far, Kansas is a great place to be. I have heard from other vet students that say 'yeah they didn't think the location was great, but once they got here they really liked it'. Everyone is friendly and I guess that makes it a good 'home away from home' atmosphere.

My stats: BS Microbiology, Minor in Animal Science & Industry
V: 460 Q: 710 A: 4.5 (600) = 1770
Overall GPA: 3.09 Science GPA: 3.68

Hey now LuckyJo....crushing my short-lived victory:thumbdown:

Good to hear from you though:thumbup:

See ya in August

Adios

any other states, esp. from in state residents? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!